Royals attending the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio:
- Princess Anne, the Princess Royal
- Prince Albert II
- Prince Albert will be the only one from Monaco in attendance for 10 days this year. Princess Charlene has opted out due to the fact that Princess Gabriella and Prince Jacques are too young to accompany them, and with the ongoing Zika virus threat. However, there’s a possibility that one of Albert’s nieces or nephews, or one of his sisters, could attend with him.
- Crown Prince Frederik
- Crown Princess Mary
- Prince Joachim
- Princess Marie
- Frederik will be present at the games August 5th - 21st, Mary will be in attendance August 5th - 6th, and Joachim and Marie will be in attendance August 5th - 8th. It is currently unclear if the Crown Princely Couple’s children or the Princely Couple’s children will join their parents.
- King Willem Alexander
- The King will be in attendance from August 4th - 6th. It is expected, but not yet confirmed, that Maxima will join him. There’s also a possibility that Princesses Amalia, Alexia, and Ariane will join their parents.
- Queen Letizia
- King Felipe
- Unconfirmed at the moment, but there’s a 50/50 chance that at least King Felipe will attend the games at some point. And hopefully Letizia will join him. It is also unclear if we will see Princess Leonor and Infanta Sofia or not.
- Queen Silvia
- King Carl Gustaf
- The King and Queen will be in attendance August 16th - 21st.
- Queen Mathilde
- King Philippe
- The King and Queen will be in attendance August 4th - 8th. It is unclear whether or not their four children will join them.
Norway & Luxembourg:
- Currently no representatives from Norway or Luxembourg have been confirmed by their respective courts to attend the Games. This post will be updated if or when someone is confirmed to go.