Canon Queer Fiction Part 3/4 (Updated 4/4/2017)
11) Beauty and the Beast: Noooooo oneeee’s hot like Gaston, a big shot like Gaston, no one makes men question their sexual thoughts like Gaston.
Its basically the same story you remember from the animated Disney movie, but now LeFou’s crush on Gaston is overt. And he dances with a boy at Belle and Adam’s wedding. I’d like to take a break from my usual nonsense and have moment of sincerity: I never thought I’d live to see the day that Disney had an openly gay character. EAT YOUR HEART OUT HOMOPHOBES.
Anyway, LeFou was honestly my favorite part of this movie. Not just because he’s openly gay, but because he’s really charasmatic and funny. In an interesting change from the original movie, LeFou starts to question Gaston’s actions towards the end of the movie and, well, I let you see the rest for yourself.
- Pros: Funny, enjoyable, guy; and, I believe, the first openly gay character in a Disney movie!
- Cons: he’s not a main character, so the story doesn’t really focus on him.
12) Skam: Evan and Isak, minute by minute.
Skam is a Norwegian drama about a bunch of high schoolers. In season 3, it gets a gay couple, Isak and Evan. Don’t skip the first two seasons though. 1) They’re very good, and 2) if you don’t watch them you won’t know what’s going on.
Pros: Skam is a very well written show with interesting characters. Evan and Isak’s relationship is so … so …
Their story arc is so sweet, and funny, and moving. I watched it and had to cling to my friend’s shoulder for dear life the entire time because its so romantic I couldn’t support myself. You’re going to cry, but I promise you, you’re going to cry tears of joy. It will cleanse your soul. It will make you think that maybe, just maybe, life can be good and beautiful.
13) The Lover: Boy teases the everloving out of his room mate. Hilarity ensues.
The Lover is a K-Drama about unmarried couples who are living together. Unmarried couples, and Takuya and Joon Jae. Joon Jae is a misanthrope who advertises for a foreign room mate so that they won’t speak Korean and he won’t have to talk to them. What gets is Takuya, a Japanese guy who is traveling the world. Takuya is determined to get Joon Jae to come out of his shell.
- Pros: Its fucking hilarious. Takuya is the biggest tease on the face of the planet. He does something provocative, and Joon Jae just looks up at the sky like “Lord why are you testing me?” The show itself also represents a big step forward for Korea, where couples living together out of wedlock and homosexuality are somewhat taboo.
- Cons: They are one of several couples, so the show doesn’t focus entirely on them.
14) Skyfall: I GET A LITTLE BIT GENGHIS KHAN —— DON’T WANT YOU TO GET IT ON WITH NOBODY ELSE BUT M E (oo-oo-oo) WITH NOBODY ELSE BUT MEE-E-E-E
@c9-smoothie this one is for you fam.
Its James Bond baby, spy Shenanigans are happening, as per usual. Baddie of the moment Raoul Silva kidnaps 007 and ties him to a chair. So we’re off to an excellent start, and THEN Silva pops a button on Bond’s shirt and slowly pushes the fabric aside, running his fingers over the scar tissue and groaning sympathetically. “See what [M]’s done to you?” he says.
“Well,” says Bond, deadpan and unruffled, “she never tied me to a chair.”
“Her loss.” says Silva blithely, running his fingers across bond’s exposed chest appreciatively.
“Are you sure this is about M?” Bond asks, the corner of his mouth lifting in an almost imperceptible smirk.
“Its about her,” Silva says, “and you, and me.”
“You see, we are the last two rats. We can eat each other, hmm?” smiling tightly, “or eat everyone else.” he says, running his hand up Bond’s clavicle and under his chin.
“How you’re trying to remember your training now.” Silva says, his smile morphing into an open mouthed grin as he rubs his thumb over Bond’s throat, “What’s the regulation to cover this?”
“Well,” Silva purrs, running his hands down Bond’s spread thighs, “first time for everything, yes?”
Now it is Bond’s turn to smile.
“What makes you think this is my first time?”
- Pros: TURN DOWN FOR WHAT?
- Cons: Its only one scene, but to be honest that alone is worth the price of admission. I’m not a James Bond fan at all, but this? This is art.
Please reblog to spread the word!
Coming attractions I’m adding on mobile like haaa: Murdoch mysteries.