I didn’t name myself after Roman Sanders although he was an inspiration. But there were other reasons I named myself Roman such as:
- It starts with Ro, so is reminiscent of my old middle name but not enough to remind me of it.
- I like studying ancient civilizations
- It sounds cool
- I just really feel a connection with that name. It really feels like it’s mine
- Nice manly name to go with my gender neutral first name
- It goes with my dad’s wish that his kids have not so common names
- THE CONTINUING GLORY OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE
- Pun opportunities.