Millon’s Personality Disorder Descriptions: Cluster A
Guarded, defensive, distrustful and suspicious. Hypervigilant to the motives of others to undermine or do harm. Always seeking confirmatory evidence of hidden schemes. Feels righteous, but persecuted. People with paranoid personality disorder experience a pattern of pervasive distrust and suspicion of others that lasts a long time. They are generally difficult to work with and are very hard to form relationships with. They are also known to be somewhat short-tempered.
Apathetic, indifferent, remote, solitary. Neither desires nor need human attachments. Withdrawn from relationships and prefer to be alone. Little interest in others, often seen as a loner. Minimal awareness of the feelings of themselves or others. Few drives or ambitions, if any. Is an uncommon condition in which people avoid social activities and consistently shy away from interaction with others. It affects more males than females. To others, they may appear somewhat dull or humorless. Because they don’t tend to show emotion, they may appear as though they don’t care about what’s going on around them.
Eccentric, self-estranged, bizarre, absent. Exhibits peculiar mannerisms and behaviors. Thinks can read thoughts of others. Preoccupied with odd daydreams and beliefs. Blurs line between reality and fantasy. Magical thinking and strange beliefs. People with schizotypal personality disorder are often described as odd or eccentric and usually have few, if any, close relationships. They generally don’t understand how relationships form or the impact of their behavior on others.
[Shrink’s note - these characteristics do not hold true for all people with the personality disorder in question. They are a general guide / generalization only.]
Don’t shy from your emotions, they are the sustenance of life. You need to rule your emotions and not let them rule you. Love as well as all the positivity of the world is within your kingdom. When interacting with others, don’t shy away from your emotions, let them have voice and express them fully. With that in mind, that doesn’t mean you can pile-drive over someone else’s. We can’t be afraid of expressing ourselves because someone might have a spirited, different response. By not sharing, you deny others the right to their own emotions. Today, do something worthwhile. Read a book to expand your vocabulary to express yourself. Decorate your room with things you find beautiful, organize to get rid clutter so you can focus. Purposefully thoughts and emotions are productive thoughts and emotions. Unexpressed or unformed thoughts and emotions are clutter, the white noise that won’t stop, the sand you trudge through. Clear your path and take it. Forward is the way, not backward.
(Amethyst, kyanite and quartz, interspersed with tulip petals)
“We were all created with the intentions of being great at something. Once you know what it is - own it. Don’t shy away. The universe will pick up the same speed it takes for you to change a negative thought into a positive.
Some negative thoughts are embedded into our subconscious - you have to consciously make an attempt to change those thoughts. When you keep your change of thought stagnate, you hinder your growth. Keep
your curiosity childlike by aspiring to know more. Then suddenly, you begin to do more. Then you become the person you’ve always wanted to be.” [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x].
Cleo: “Maybe you should forget about the fact that she’s hot and ignore her completely since she’s crazy?” Jack: “That seems like such an impossibility… Of course, I did make it seem like I did not think she was hot. She was the cute type of hot, you know? That’s a difficult thing to shy away from as a man.” Cleo: “You’re such an idiot, Squishy.” Jack: “You’re still calling me Squishy?! I guess Rabbit is sticking too then.” Cleo: “Whatever! I don’t even care.” Derick: “You’re both giving me a headache. Or maybe it’s the ice cream. I think it’s brain freeze, but I’m still going to blame you two.”
could u pls do a winwin as your friend w benefits like that ten one? 💘
This pure boy-
A/N: I try not to always make the friends with benefits fall for each other like a fairy-tale, but
It’d probably start out similarly to Ten’s
Tbh you have to be his absolute best [straight/bi] friend in order to gain access to the ‘benefits’ of friendship
He’s a real prince tho and treats you as a princess.
Unlike Ten, he doesn’t shy away from staying around you.
He’d continue to sling his arm around your shoulders, and even sometimes initiate closer contact & whisper to you gently- the actions would garner some unwanted attention as everyone begins to wonder what’s going on between the 2 of you.
I feel it’d kind of be one of those things everyone ends up knowing, just by deduction, but no one speaks up about it.
As a result of your intimate friendship he’d bug you a lot more, in cute and not-so-cute/annoying ways- calling you to interrogate you about the sweater he can’t find since you last came over & asking you to do his dirty work when he’s feeling lazy.
Even though you both find comfort in one another, the fact that you were friends with benefits would always itch at the back of your mind.
I think he’d get pressured into asking you out- at first you’d both just put on an act, not really caring to go on a double date with Doyoung, however I think as the occurrences grow more common he’d enjoy your company, beginning to ask you out to do more things on his own, just the two of you.
to anyone i’ve ever had a deep conversation with recently
I’m stuck having too many things to make decisions over. I have to choose to stay or leave him. To answer the phone or let it ring. To say something or stay quiet.
And speaking of saying things. I have so much in my head that needs saying. But no matter how I try to word all this stuff, it never comes out accurately, or clearly, or completely. I’ve tried art, music, writing, nothing I can draw or compose or say can fully describe this mess of my mind.
All this stuff, all these thoughts and emotions and chemicals bouncing around in my head, even I can’t fully understand them. I’m confused to the point of stress, the smallest thing could make me break, I already know this much.
Please talk to me again. I miss having deep conversations. And I promise I won’t shy away from them anymore.
Concept: an immortal who doesn’t shy away from photos or paintings. Draws self portraits on cave walls. Photobombs everything with a pout and a suave pose. Commissions numerous portraits of themself as a literary Romantic before faking their death. Tries to be at least slightly famous every time they have a new identity. Creates a conspiracy blog linking all their past photos together before mysteriously disappearing in mysterious circumstances. Mysteriously. Usually only disappears for 10 to 20 years after “"dying”“ before making another appearance. Everyone else in the immortal community lowkey hates them. “Ah, fuck. You’ll never guess who’s resurfaced again.” “Fucking… Dave?” “Fucking Dave.”
1. What have you eaten today?
2. Who was your last kiss with? Was it pleasant?
3. What color shoes did you last wear?
4. Who has made you laugh the hardest in the last week?
5. What is your favorite scent?
6. What is your favorite season? Why?
7. Can you do a handstand or cartwheel?
8. What color are your nails?
9. If you had to get a tattoo on your face to save your life, what would it be?
10. What is something you find romantic?
11. Are you happy?
12. Is there anything in particular making you happy or sad?
13. Dogs or Cats?
15. Which do you prefer:a museum, a night club, the forest or a library?
15. What is your style?
16. If you could be doing anything you like right now, what would it be?
17. Are you in a relationship or single?
18. What makes you attracted to the person you like right now?
19. If you could replace your partner/best friend with a celebrity of your choice, would you? Who with?
20. Are you holding on to something you need to let go of? If so then what?
21. How did you celebrate last Halloween?
22. Have you recently made any big decisions?
23. Were you ever in a school play?
24. What movie would you use to describe your life?
25. Is there something you have dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it?
26. Complete this sentence, “I wish I had someone with whom I could share…”
27. What are two things that irritate you about the same sex?
28. What are two things that irritate you about the opposite sex?
29. What is the best thing that has happened to you this week?
30. What is something that makes you sad when you think about it?
31. How long was your longest relationship?
32. Have you ever been in love?
33. Are you currently in love?
34. Why did your last relationship end?
35. What jewelry are you wearing right now, and where did you get it?
36. When was the last time you cried and why?
37. Name someone pretty.
38. What did you receive last Valentines Day?
39. Do you get jealous easily?
40. Have you ever been cheated on?
41. Do you trust your partner/best friend?
42. Ever had detention?
43. Would you rather live in the countryside or the city?
44. What do people call you?
45. What was the last book you read?
46. How big of a nerd/dork are you?
47. What kind of music do you listen to?
48. How tall are you?
49. Do you like kids?
50. Favorite fruits?
51. Do you wear jeans or sweats more?
52. What’s your earliest memory?
53. Ever had a poem or song written about you or to you?
54. Do you prefer to be behind the camera or in front of it?
55. Do you have a collection of anything?
56. Do you save money or spend it?
57. What would your dream house be like?
58. What top 5 things make you the angriest?
59. What top 5 things always brings a smile to your face?
60. You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told you if you are late one more time you get fired. What do you do?
61. 72: You are at the doctor’s office and she has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. a) Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? b) What do you do with your remaining days? c) Would you be afraid?
62. Give me the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word; heart.
63. You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere. You have to depart right now. Where are you gonna go?
64. Do you like the beach?
65. Ever sleep on the couch or a bed with someone special?
66. Do you have a middle name? If so what is it!
67. Do you talk to yourself?
68. Describe your hair.
69. What is the meaning of life.
70. What is your ideal partner like?
71. Do you want to get married?
72. Do you want to have kids?
73. Like or dislike your family?
74. Are you Chunky or Slim?
75. Would you consider yourself smart?
76. What would you change about your life?
77. Religious or Not?
78. You’re drunk and yelling at hot guys/girls out of your car window, you’re with?
79. You’re locked in a room with the last person you kissed, is that a problem?
80. Does anyone regularly (other than family) tell you they love you?
81. If the person you wish to be with were with you, what would you be doing right now?
82. So, the last person you kissed just happens to arrive at your door at 3AM; do you let them in?
83. Do you like when people play with your hair?
84. Do you like bubble baths?
85. Have you ever been pulled over by a cop?
86. Have you ever danced in the rain?
87. Do you trust anyone with your life?
88. What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?
89. If money wasn’t an issue, what top 10 places would you travel to? (You get to stay at each place for a week)
90. How was your day today?
91. Play an instrument?
92. Describe the what you think of the ocean.
93. Do you believe in aliens or ghosts?
94. Honestly, are things how you wanted them to be?
95. Do you have a mean bitchy scary side?
96. When are you vulnerable?
97. How much free time do you have?
98. Do you like to go hiking?
99. Odd or Even Numbers?
100. Would you ever go sky diving, bungee jumping , cliff diving, wing suit gliding, parasailing, snorkeling, or other extreme activities?
Some advice for aspiring animators from Rebecca Sugar:
1. Don’t shy away from finding inspiration for characters in yourself and the people you love.
“If there’s a character that you like in something else, they probably remind of you someone you know or yourself. So if you can zero in on that and then use that to make your own original character that has those qualities, but maybe even more specific to you, then do that.”
2. You can find inspiration through the things you enjoy, especially when you’re facing a creative block.
“I love to just put on music and draw, when I get stuck, sometimes I’ll do that. I like looking at art that’s not the medium of cartoons, and kind of absorbing that, and making cartoons while thinking of that.”
3. Even though it’s not the most exciting work, learn fundamentals and traditional drawing skills.
This is excellent advice Rebecca’s received from comic artists like Eric Larson, Mike Mignola, and Eric Powell.
4. And most importantly: Make. More. Stuff.
“And the ones that are working, you’ll quickly start to see like, This is what I want to do. You might not even know until you just do a lot of things, and then it will just come into focus.”
You will get better. Your life will change. Have patience. Things that are built quicker are destroyed just as soon.
This year you must take care of yourself and be careful to not give too much of yourself away. But don’t walk through life guarded, that’s never been your way.
Take the year a quarter at a time. Don’t plan for the whole year, you don’t know what life will be like 6 months from now.
Don’t focus too much on the planning because without execution, a plan is just a piece of paper.
You’re 20 now and that’s huge but don’t stress over trying to be ‘mature’ and adult like because you already are. Chasing bubbles doesn’t make you a kid, it makes you a person who knows how to chase happiness.
Get out of your house more. You need the fresh air, you need the sun. By now you’ve learnt, you don’t need to shy away from sunlight to love the night. You will always be a creature of the night with just a little bit of vampire obsession to make you creepy.
Snack. Don’t binge.
You may not exactly be where you want to be right now but if you study hard enough you soon will.
You had learnt at a very young age that there’s no excellence without labour. You strive for excellence and hence you must labour.
Don’t write too many letters to people because the first letter is lovely, the second is cute, the third is ? If they aren’t the right person.
Have faith. Sometimes that’s the only thing you have left but it does wonders.
‘NOW’ is your 2017 key word.
Don’t wait to do things you really want to because if you wait long enough, you don’t want to do anything.
There are nice people and there are sh*tty people. Just because you’ve come across a bunch of sh*tty people all at once doesn’t mean nice people don’t exist. They do. And you will find them.
But remember, all people are current assets. You’re the only fixed one. Invest more in yourself.
There’s so much more I want to tell you but from now I want to do less of talking and more of doing. I know you will understand, at least I hope you do.
i want to thank skam for the amazing way it potrayed mental illiness, it didn’t shy away from showing the true colours of it and it was heartbreaking yes and tragic yes again cause it’s actually a disease not a fucking tumblr aesthetic and skam showed us even at his best and at his worst. it showed us that ignoring your mental problem is just gonna make it worse. it showed us that people with mental issues can function just fine in real life and how many of us are able to hide it completely and now it all comes down to isak and every isak and if he will be able to deal with both sides of even cause if he can’t handle him at his worst this relationship cannot work and i really think that skam’s message at the end will be that acceptance cause this season is all about coming to terms with who you are that being gay or bipolar
Since his time spent in the bronze jar Nico can’t stand silence, there always has to be something in the background or else his vision will darken at the edges and this sickeningly heavy feeling in his stomach grows
Calypso cries almost every day, begging to be back at ohygia. The world moves so fast she can’t keep up. The cars, conversations, time, even the butterflies floating on the edge of the stream at camp half blood seem like they’re in a hurry.
The pain Reyna feels from her fellow legionaries and campers becomes too much for her sometimes. She shy’s away from Nico the most and immediately feels his sadness, she constantly reassures him and others not to worry. Reyna often takes long walks by herself, embracing the freedom it gives her.
Percy has a silent anger about him, he’ll let most things slide but when everything gets too much he’ll look at you with the most dead ass hateful glare you’ve ever seen. One time a cabin counselor told a newbie camper to ask Percy for a tour around CHB, this happened and the camper ended up crying and scared. A lot of people are careful around him now
Annabeth never really paid much attention to her well being, if she got sick or hurt herself she worked regardless because “there’s always something more important going on.”
Even after Ares’ blessing on Frank he still feels self-conscious about his weight. It’s always been something on the edge of his mind, growing up in middle school was especially hard and Frank sometimes catches himself comparing his body to Jason’s especially.
Rachel can go weeks without even thinking about her parents, when she casually mentions this to the others an awkward silence falls because almost all of them have lost a parent and don’t have the option of choosing to ignore them. There is a barely-there resentment in Hazel and Frank and Jason and Leo towards her
what it's like to be young, not a vet and have PTSD
- you never mention that u have ptsd to anyone bc ur either scared, ashamed, or u know they’ll say “but ur not a veteran”,,,, or all three
- constantly question the validity of ur disorder?? like doc r u sure ?
- not telling anyone that ur being triggered at that moment so u just suffer alone
- ppl getting freaked out or weirded out when u react to a trigger, shying away from u n acting like ur an alien
- basically feeling rlly alone a lot of the time,,
i can’t honestly still wrap my head around the fact that skam, in under 8 episodes, have shown a mlm relationship with SO MUCH attention to detail, and not only that, but prioritised isak’s self discovery in coming to terms with his sexuality at the forefront of the entire season, and then had even and isak’s relationship be the plot b focus that stems from that, and
skam have literally, in 8 episodes, established the perfect storytelling of a boy figuring out his sexuality and given us the portrayal of such a beautiful lgbt+ couple, that has dealt with every single aspect of them, in such a real, normal, raw manner, and in that, they’ve portrayed it with so much positivity and hope? from the physical side of things right down to the emotional side of things, and have dealt with issues head on and not shy away from doing so.
like, shows that i will not mention FAIL to do stuff like this 5 or 6 seasons in, and yet here skam is, in EIGHT episodes, just 8, knocking it out of the park, and we STILL have 2 more episodes left until this series ends.
skam has literally been a blessing, a revelation, a breath of fresh air in my life and i am so, SO, thankful for discovering this show that has made me so, so happy.
“It’s a nod to Trayvon, no question, Trayvon Martin and people like him. People like Jordan Davis, a kid who was shot because of the perception that he was a danger. When you’re a black man in a hoodie, all of a sudden you’re a criminal. That’s something we shouldn’t have to deal with, but we do. It’s a double standard. We can’t cover our head when it’s cold and raining because God forbid someone sees us and puts our life in danger. We wanted to pay homage to that—it’s not something we were shying away from.” ~ Colter
Luke Cage was filmed in 2014, at the same time Eric Garner was killed, and Colter spoke about the lack of justice that was served.
“When we were filming this, there were different things going on, Eric Garner, the policemen were acquitted. No one was brought to justice. There was no handing out of any sentence. There are a couple of other things that happened during the time we were filming. We were watching the news, and it was always someone being shot who was unarmed, and there is no justification for it. It’s mind-boggling.”
Holy shit Netflix originals. Jessica Jones approaches mental illness and rape culture. Luke cage going for black lives matter. This is awesome.