• “Don’t mess with Texas” they repeat. Over and over, you don’t know why or what it means but you don’t question it. You fear what will happen if you do.
• It’s summer again you don’t remember when the last time it wasn’t summer was. It’s getting out of hand your ac is screaming.
• “The stars at night are big and bright” you chant with the others and clap 4 times “deep in the heart of Texas.” When did you learn this? When did anyone learn this? But you don’t question it. No one questions it.
• You pledge to Texas right after the US, you fear what will happen if you don’t. What wrath it might invoke.
• There are bluebonnet on the side of the highway. They weren’t there yesterday. They call you. They beckon everyone to take pictures. You don’t dare pick one, no one does. “It’s illegal to pick the state flower.” Is repeated in whispers. You don’t know what happened to the last person who said it was ok to pick them no one does.
• Homecoming, it’s always homecoming. The mums are everywhere some girls you see are more mun than girl. You fear they are being consumed by the ribbons. You say nothing. “Are you going to the homecoming game?” Of course you are everyone does. Though you don’t understand this tradition, it’s key to not infuriate some sleeping football god.
• Baseball, you don’t play sports, never have. You’ve never even watched a game of baseball but you know all the rules. Of course you do this is Texas.
• There is a gun being passed down in your family, “you will get it next” they repeat “it’s a great honor” you don’t question it. Because you know it will anger the spirits if you don’t continue the tradition.
• There’s a new Wattaburger. you don’t remember it being there before. You don’t remember its construction. It’s always been there hasn’t it?
• You don’t have horses. You’ve never ridden a horse. But you know how. It’s in your blood.
• You don’t remember the last time you weren’t sweating. You swear you would make a deal with a demon for some rain. You almost resort to going to the crossroads. They say it worked last time. You know children who have never seen rain.
• You don’t remember buying cowboy boots. But they’re there in the back of your closet. They always have been.
• You enter the diner, everyone stares at you. The waitress has red lipstick on her teeth. No one points it out. She calls you “hun”
• Everything is deep fried, you begin to wonder if you are deep fried.
• Everything is shaped like Texas. The shape has lost all meaning.
• “Everything is bigger in Texas” they cheer like its a good thing. They momentarily forget about the things that lurk outside your house at night. Those are bigger in Texas too.
• The bugs seek shelter in your home. People say they’re just looking for water. But is that all?
• “Bless you heart!” The old ladies cry. They sound angry, you are embarrassed though you don’t know why. “Bless you’re heart!” Rings over and over.
• There’s another Baptist church on that street corner. Was it always there? Of course it was. But something tells you it wasn’t.
why did you kill my parents, my adoptive parents, your son, all the other women, imprison the women of Haven, commit genocide of the native alien race and then slowly kill off every man that disagreed with you?
i came out tonight to have a fun time and I honestly am feeling so attacked right now
[16:23] <Himiko> Wadanohara AU where meikai saves the blue sea by performing a chaos dunk
[16:23] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Now we know what the cast pearl truly is*
[16:24] <Himiko> Shit
[16:24] <Himiko> I have to draw this
have fun thinking about tiny carver hawke reading epic novels about heroes with fancy shields and nice swords and when he’s like 11 pesters his dad to buy him some training gear so his dad gets him a longsword that’s a bit too big and an old shield only to have carver abandon the shield 2 days later and wreak havoc upon the hay training stacks malcolm set up for him by using the longsword (improperly) as a greatsword while leandra complains that malcolm bought him a real actual sword and hawke is just so proud of their baby bro