Some people have asked me how tall everyone ends up in Ordinary Heroes. Although I don’t have exact heights listed down, I can give you a rough idea of how the characters compare to each other. The following heights are for when the kids have completely finished growing (i.e., when they are adults):
- Diana is roughly the same height as Fang (~175 cm)
- Averia is roughly the same height as Lightning (~171 cm)
- Claire is several inches taller than Diana and is the tallest female character in the family (~183 cm)
The average American woman stands ~164 cm tall, so Diana, Averia, and Claire are all above average in height. This isn’t surprising, given that Lightning and Fang are both tall women. The big surprise is Claire. Serah is not particularly tall, but Snow is gigantic. Claire’s height is definitely something she inherited from her father. Although Averia will never admit it, it aggravates her that she ends up being the shortest. It doesn’t help that Diana reminds her of that whenever she has the chance.
If we look at the other kids, here are their rough heights once they’re grown up (i.e., are adults):
- Ice is a tad shorter than Snow (~198 cm)
- Alyssa is shorter than Claire but still much taller than Serah (~180 cm)
- Raine is slightly taller than Vanille (~163 cm)
- Peter is roughly the same size as Hope (~180 cm)
- Nathaniel is slightly shorter than Hope (~178 cm)
- Fraise is shorter than Vanille (~159 cm)
The Villiers children all take after their father. All of them are tall although not even Ice is quite as tall as Snow is. Serah is thus stuck in a house full of tall people as the only short person. Interestingly enough, all three of the Villiers children are also taller than Diana and Averia. That does not stop Averia from bossing them around or Diana from trying to turn everybody younger than her into her minion.
The Dia-Estheim children vary. The boys end up roughly the same height as Hope while Raine ends up slightly taller than Vanille. The stand out here is Fraise, who is by far the shortest of the kids in the entire extended family. This may explain why many of the people in her extended family are immediately protective of her. She starts off just about as small as Diana, but she never gets particularly large.
As an aside, we can also include Taren (the son of Lightning and Fang that appears in a relatively small number of AU snippets):
- Taren is reasonably tall for a man and ends up being the tallest person in his family (~183 cm)
In a height contest, the clear winners are the Villiers (and this is even with Serah dragging the average down) followed by the Yun-Farrons and then the Dia-Estheims.
Despite not being the biggest, Averia is nevertheless the unquestioned tyrannical ruler of the second generation. This is largely due to the fact that she possesses a truly terrifying glare and, as Diana puts it, is a master of unleashing pointy death upon her enemies. Averia is the one who takes after Lightning the most, and it shows.