earlier I had an exam in my textile history class and the girl to my left was obviously stumped because she was fidgeting/tapping her pencil on her desk furiously and I was like dam what is she stresst about, so I looked over and saw that she was on a short response question about silk production and all she had written was “The worm” and idk why it was so funny to me but I couldn’t concentrate for the duration of the test and I think I failed
1.Sort out your priorities. Make time to honestly reflect on your life, and to think about what is important to you. Where are you going? What do you want? What are the steps that will take you there?
2. Focus on the essential tasks. Next, think about your short term responsibilities. Ask yourself: “Out of all the tasks that I have to do, which will get me the greatest return for my time and effort?” Make a list of these types of tasks — they’re your most important things to do this week.
3. Eliminate what you can. Now look at your list. What on the list is not essential? Is there anything there that you can drop from your schedule, delegate to someone else, or put on a “waiting list”. Often when we review these non-essentials later, we find they weren’t necessary at all.
4. Do essential tasks first. Begin each day by doing the two most important tasks. Don’t wait until later in the day as they’ll get pushed aside to make time for other stuff that arises throughout the day. You’ll find that if you do these tasks right away, your productivity will really increase.
5. Eliminate distractions. If you allow yourself to be constantly interrupted by email notifications, IM, cell phones, social media and so on, then you’ll never be productive. Turn them and, if you can, disconnect yourself from the internet.
6. Keep it simple. Don’t waste time on applications that are meant to organise your schedule. Make a simple to-do list with a word document, or with some paper and a pen. Then get started on whatever work you had planned on doing.
7. Do one thing at a time. In most situations, multi-tasking slows you down. You can’t get things done with a million things demanding your attention. Focus on what’s in front of you, to the exclusion of all else. That way, you are likely to achieve more, in less time, and with less effort.
8. Make time for honest reflection. At the end of the day, reflect on what you have achieved. Make sure you affirm yourself for your hard work. Think about possible changes you need to make - and commit to keep going, and aiming for your goal.
Opening his eyes just made them spike with pain from the light. He winced and closed them again, but turned his head towards Loki. He felt… fizzy, all over, as if something in his very skin were trying to escape.
“Loki,” he whispered. “I’m not sure…they kept asking questions about magic…”
♔—- Light hurt the swordsman’s eyes, that much was obvious by the way Fandral immediately closed his eyes the moment he opened them. His reaction mirrored that of anyone who woke up to a bright light, but it seemed much harsher than the average moment it took for the eyes to adjust. Loki recognized this reaction because he’d been through it and it left him wondering… just how long had Fandral been left in the dark? How long had they robbed him of his eyesight?
“Okay,” Loki murmured softly. “Were they trying to force you to use your magic so they could witness it? Or did they just want information from you?” He leaned more towards the former for the simple reason that Fan clearly went through more than just a questioning. He’d been hurt, tortured, and possibly even experimented on.
“You know what? It doesn’t matter. We can talk about it once you’re safely away from here. I’m going to get you down.” With a swift burst of magic, Loki removed the chains from Fandral’s wrists and body. The poor warrior fell forward, no longer having the support to keep him upright, but Loki caught him. “We need to get you home.”
“I only suffer from an infliction of my own Loki, you cause no harm to me.” Tom said firmly moving to hug him. “Loki, you’ve done some terrible things in the past but the fact that you feel guilt over the idea of causing another pain is growth, it shows you are not a monster but in fact a being who has made mistakes but has a big enough heart to still care for others.” He added cupping his face and tilting Loki’s head up so their eyes met. “Not once have you ever harmed me or caused me any pain Loki. You are no monster.”
♔—- This was the closest the two had been in some time. Loki, of course, had hugged and been hugged by Tom. He was physically close to him almost always when the actor had been affected so greatly by that car accident they were in, but this was the first time Loki felt… emotionally close through the physical contact, and Loki allowed Tom to direct his vision upwards so they were staring at each other. “You truly believe that?” Loki asked. “That I can come back from everything that I’ve done?” If Tom didn’t believe it, he probably wouldn’t have let Loki move in with him at all, but still… “And you hold no ill will towards me at all? How is that even possible?”
the world rebuilds its defences, with fragile hands that shake against the ocean tide, the world mends its broken bones and kisses its own bruises. the world does not burn or freeze, crumble or flood. there is time. there is time. there is still time.
So this date happened last year and put me off tinder for awhile, I talked to this guy for a few days before giving him my number and he seemed very sweet and nice so when he asked for a date I saw no reason to say no. He came to my door and walked me to his car, now this guy wasn’t the best looking but I was holding out hope for some personality. He drives us to the restaurant, in complete silence, no music, nothing, I try to talk to him and he gives me short responses. We get to the restaurant and trying to find anything to talk about was like pulling teeth this guy had no personality to save his life. I excuse myself to the bathroom and call my best friend begging her to get me out of this awkward situation, which has her laughing her ass off. Fast forward to the end of the most awkward meal I’ve ever had in my life and another silent car ride back, he asked me if I’d like to see him again… Which was replied promptly to a no thank you, he gets upset and demands for a reason why and will not let me out of the car until I told him, which just pissed me off, so I told him “honestly you’re not attractive and have the personality of a brick, delete my number.”
So in short, I called my friend in the bathroom begging for help, got none, got pissed off and wrecked this guy’s life.
“Need I say any more than all that watermelon shit I bought and not even a flinch.” He said gesturing to the watermelon pillows now in the living room. “My family thinks I’ve gone obsessed with watermelons-my sister even asked if it was a new fetish.” He huffed crossing his arms like a child. “You prank me and I can’t even get back at you.” He pouted.
♔—- “Ah,” Loki said with a hearty laugh. “So you decided to try to pull a few pranks on me and you didn’t take into account that I might not fall for them? Thomas, I’m insulted that you didn’t take my prankster king reputation more seriously. Besides, I looked fabulous in that tube-top, and those pillows? The most comfortable pillows I’ve used since coming to Midgard. Why would I get upset?” He couldn’t even wipe that shit-eating grin off of his face.
I love Artemis Fowl… but Holly is the exact kind of “strong female character” that disappoints me. She uses “like a girl” as an insult, and she has to show that she’s “not like other girls.” I’m glad that she’s strong, and independent, and assertive, but I’m not glad that Eoin Colfer made her need to put down other girls to be like this.