Here’s a really long list of a ton of the more simple/generic AU’s I’ve seen floating around. I made this list for personal reference and figured having so many all in one place might be helpful to others, too. I tried my best to alphabetize but I can’t promise it’s entirely correct. Hope you enjoy!
-1920’s -1920’s con artist -1940’s noir -1960’s -3DS friends -6 weeks to live
-A Walk to Remember -Accidentally falls asleep on stranger -Accidentally hugging stranger thinking they’re someone else -Accidentally read their journal -Accidentally swapped items and have to return it -Accidentally take each other’s bags -Action hero -Addicts -Adventure -Affair -Afterlife -Airport -Airport bar -Aladdin -Alchemists Alice in Wonderland -Alpha/beta/omega -Alternate history -Amnesia -Ancient Egypt -Ancient mediterraneans -Ancient orientals -Ancient slavs -Android and human -Animal -Angel -Antique shop -Apocalypse -Archaeologists -Architect -Around the world -Arranged marriage -Arthurian era -Artist -Assassins -Asylum -Author and fan
-Babysitter -Back in time -Bakery -Band/musician -Bank robbers -Bar -Barista(s) -Battle of the bands -Bayside -Beach -Beauty and the Beast -Childhood friends reunited -Big Brother -Blind -Blind date -Boarding school -Bonnie and Clyde -Book club -Bookshop -Borrow payphone money -Both cosplay same character at con -Both stood up for blind dates -Break up -Bride Wars -Brothel -Bucket list -Butler
-Camp counselors -Camping -Carnival -Castaways -Catfish -Catfish uncoverer -Celebrity -Centaur -Changeling -Charmed -Cheerleading -Childhood companions -Cinderella -Circus -Civil war (American or otherwise) -Civilian and agent -Clubbing -Coffeeshop -College -College roommates -Comic artist and assistant -Conartists -Cop/detective -Costars in a movie -Cowboy -Craigslist meetup -Crashed their car -Crime spree -Criminal -Criminals on the run -Cruel Intentions -Cruise ship -Cursed -Cyber date -Cyberpunk -Cyborg
-Death race -Demon -Demon and angel -Detective -Deserted island -Destructive relationship -Disneyworld cosplayers -Dinosaurs -Disturbia -Doctor(s) -Doctor and patient -Doctor Who -Dog walker -Domestic -Dragon -Dream -Drug smugglers -Drunk calling the wrong person -Drunk texting a stranger -During war
-Edwardian era -Egyptologists -Elements (earth, water, fire, air) -Elf -Elizabethan era -Enchanted -English class -Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind -Eternal winter -Explorers (any time period)
-Fair -Fairy -Fairytale -Fake family -Faking It -Family doctor -Famous and fan -Farm -FBI -Festival -Fight Club -First time -Flower Shop -Forbidden romance -Foreign exchange program -Forest -Fortune cookie -Fortune teller and customer -Found their dog -Found their phone number in a library book -Fraternity -Freakshow -Friends with benefits -Fugitive -Futuristic -Futuristic resistance
-Game of life and death -Game of Thrones -Game show -Gang -Garden -Gardening -Gay for pay -Genderbend -Genderswap -Genie -Gets into a cab to find someone already in it -Gets lost at airport -Girl/guy next door -Ghibli movie -Ghost Adventures -Ghosts in love -Go to the same support group -Gods/demigods -Government spy -Greek God and Roman counterpart -Gypsy
-Hair stylist/makeup artist and actor/model -Halloween -Halloween party -Haunted -Haunted house -Have to take pictures for photography project -Heaven vs. Hell -Help moving -Heroes -Hidden talents -High class thieves -High School -High School reunion -High School teachers -Hiking -Hipster -Hitchhiker -Hitman -Hogwarts -Homeless -Horseback riding -Horror -Host/hostess and customer -Hostage -Hotel staff and guest -Hotel workers -Huge blizzard and only one hotel room left -Hunger Games -Hush Hush
-Jane Austen story -Journalists -Jurassic Park -Jury -Just keep running into each other everywhere -Juvie
-Kidnapping/ransom -Kindergarten teacher -Kiss bet -Kissogram -Kitsune
-Lab partners -Labyrinth -Laundromat -Law firm -Librarian -Library -Life guard -Little mermaid/merman -Looking for Alaska -Lose virginity bet -Lost -Lost at sea -Love triangle
-Mafia -Magic -Maid -Mailman and person who receives a lot of mail -Makeover -Marriage -Marriage contract -Masseuse -Masquerade -Mechanic -Medieval -Med school -Meet in diner at 2am -Mental hospital -Mermaid/merman/merfolk -Met at Comicon -Met on Tumblr -Met through online rpg -Military -Military school -Mindreader -Mirror world -Mistaken identity -Missed the same flight -Model -Modern royalty -Modern Tangled -Monster hunters -Monsters -Mortal Instruments -Movie rental shop -Movie star -Movie theater job -Murder mystery -Music bar -Music conservatory -Music teacher -Musician and fan -Mythology
-Nanny -Neolithic/tribal -New guy/girl -New Orleans -New neighbors -Nightmare on Elm Street Nuclear apocalypse -Nurse(s) -Nurse and patient Nursing home -Nymph
-Ocean -Office -Once Upon a Time -One’s blind and falls in love with the other’s voice -On of them is turned into a child -On opposite sides of a war - POW or spying -Orchestra player/pianist and concertgoer -Out walking their dog who starts chasing another person’s dog
-Pacific Rim -Paired together during an ice breaker -Pandemic apocalypse -Paralysis -Paramedics -Parenting -Park -Partners in crime (literally) -Partners in dance class -Past lives -Patients in mental hospital -Patients in same hospital ward -Pen pals -Personal trainer -Peter Pan -Pet runs away and other person finds it -Phantom of the Opera -Phone sex worker -Photographer -Photographer and model -Pilots -Pirate -Pirate and mermaid -Pixie -Poetry class -Pokemon -Police -Porn star -Poses nude for art students -Pretty Little Liars -Prisoner and guard -Prisoners/escaped prisoners -Private detective and client -Private investigator -Prohibition era -Project partners -Prom -Protester and police -Prostitute/escort -Public demonstrations -Punk rock
-Ranch -Reality TV show -Rebels against the government -Rebellion -Rehab -Reincarnation -Restaurant -Reunited -Rich family and servants -Riding the same bus -Riding the same bus multiple times -Rivals -Roadtrip -Roadtrip, serial killer -Roller derby -Robot -Roommates -Royalty and servant -Runaway royalty and confused commoner -Runaways -Running late for the same flight
-Sailor and mercreature -Sandman -SAW -Scavenger hunt -Scifi -Scream -Screenwriter and director -Sculptor -Selkie -Serial killer -Servant -Sex pact -Sex shop -Sex shop owner -Sex tape -Sex worker -Seven deadly sins -Shakespeare play -Share same layover -Sharing an umbrella -Siblings -Siblings best friend -Sits next to each other at an orchestra -Sits next to each other in theater -Sits next to each other on turbulent flight -Sitting by same wall plug -Skateboarder(s) -Skipping school -Slayer(s) -Sleepwalker -Sleepwalker in college dorm -Small town -Snowboarder(s) -Snowball fight, hits passerby -Snowhite and the Huntsman -Soldiers on opposing sides -‘Sorry about stealing your wallet last year, no I wasn’t drunk’ -Soul mates -Soulless -Space pirates -Space travel -Spartacus -gladiators or freed slaves against the Roman army -Specialty shop -Spectrumswap -Spin the bottle -Spring break -Stage magician and audience participant -Stardust -Step-siblings -Stranded -Steampunk -Strip club -Stripper -Struggling artists -Student and teacher -Study abroad -Stuffed animal becomes a person -Sucked into a video game -Suddenly become disabled/handicap -Suddenly caught in the rain -Summer job -Summer school -Superhero -Supernatural -Supernatural hunters -Superpowers -Surfing -Survivor
-Tailor and customer -Taken hostage at bank robbery -Tattoos and piercings -Tattoo parlor -Teacher and student -Ten Inch Hero -Terminal illness -The Breakfast Club -The Labyrinth -The one that got away -The Princess Diaries -The Vow -Theme park -Theme park mascots -Theme park workers -Theater -Therapist and patient -Therapist and patient in mental institution -Thieves on the run -Time traveler -Titanic -Tourist -Train ride -Translator -Trapped in an elevator -Trapped on a deserted island together -Treasure hunting -Triplets -Tutor and student -TV host -Twins
-Undercover lovers -Undercover stripper -Underwear model -Underworld -vampires vs lycans -Use someone’s charger -Use someone’s hotspot
-Vacation -Vampire -Veronica Mars -Vikings -Violinist(s) -Virtual world
-Waiter(s) -Wake up together in Vegas -Wedding -Werecat -Werewolves -What Happens in Vegas -White House -Wild West -Witch trials -Wizard AU where one accidentally apparates into the wrong house -World War II -Writer and editor -Wrong bag
Hi I was wondering if you can do a prompt in the future where bughead had a baby but they break up so she never told jughead about their baby.
Betty had to hold back tears of laughter as her two year old son tumbled face first into the sand before popping back up and putting his tiny hands on his hips, turning back towards his mother with a look of complete dissatisfaction.
Veronica openly laughed beside her, getting up from the bench and lifting the dark haired toddler into her arms
“Not even a tear? You most definitely are my godson.” She nuzzled the little boys neck before dropping down next to Betty and handing him her phone to play with.
“He’s getting so big.” Veronica ran her hands over his soft, baby shampooed hair, her nose taking in the familiar scent and sighing “instill love that smell”
“I know, it’s the best. You don’t know how many times I’ve tried sneaking him into bed at night just so I can cuddle” her son was already fiercely independent and loved sleeping alone in his half crib, although on occasion he would fall asleep wrapped up in his mothers arms and stay there the whole night.
Hunter Jones was the worlds best baby, maybe Betty was biased but the hundreds of people who had the pleasure of meeting him would agree. He was sweet and quiet and even as an infant he hardly ever cried, he was talking now, although he couldn’t quite string together full sentences he sure did try.
Looking up as if he knew they were talking about him, Hunter held the phone out to his mom, clearly disinterested he crawled down and headed back for the sandbox, a look of complete determination of his face. Betty bit back the pride she felt and handed Veronica back her phone.
“He hates technology, doesn’t even like the tv, only when I put on Winnie the Pooh. He gets that from..” she trailed off, the familiar ache still pounding in her chest when she thought of Hunters father.
Veronica placed a soothing hand on Betty’s arm
“Any word on him?”
Shaking her head, Betty looked back to her son.
Jughead Jones had run away three years ago, leaving Betty Cooper pregnant, terrified and alone. There had been no way to find him, he had erased his existence form the map, he had no idea she was pregnant, Hell, she didn’t even know until after he was gone.
Things were rough the first few months, Alice Cooper was overbearing to say the least, she wanted Betty under her watch every hour of the day, Hal Cooper had completely cut off his daughter, refusing to look at her when she was in the same room. To say things were tense was an understatement, but then something amazing happened.
The flower shop Betty had worked her entire high school experience was like her second home so when the women she called her boss found out she was pregnant she sat Betty down and handed her the keys.
“I know this may not be the future you planned but I never had children and I always wanted this place to be handed down to someone who could take care of it, I think it’s time for me to retire. It’s all yours, there’s room up above the shop, you can set up a nursery for the baby and run my store. That is is you want it”
Betty had cried for hours before gratefully taking the keys and moving her things in the day of. That’s where she lived now, it was a beautiful place and she loved running the shop. Veronica was currently home on spring break and Archie was due home this afternoon.
“Momma!” Hunter called from his place in the sand, he picked up a shovel and scooped the soft tan substance into a pile, his face so proud both the girls were swooning. He really was going to be such a handsome boy when he grew up.
“That’s so good baby! It’s a sandcastle!” She glanced over at Veronica and the girl nudged her head, she knew nothing could keep Betty away from her son. Betty nearly tripped over herself, moving to kneel by the sandbox and pulling her water bottle out of the diaper bag
“See love, if you put a little water it’ll stay in a shape, just like your play doh!”
Hunter gasped his eyes coming up to stare at his mother like she hung the moon and stars
“I love you.” The raven haired toddler said, his chubby hands coming around his mothers neck as she laughed heartily.
Hunter said “I love you” to his mother more than he said anything else, the little boy adored his mom and everything she did was the best thing in the world.
“I love you too baby.”
“Bets! Ronnie!” The familiar voice had Betty turning around, a smile instantly lighting her face as Archie came running towards them, heaving Hunter up and placing him on her hip she moved to meet Archie, her smile instantly fading when she saw the sheer look of terror on his face.
“Archie? What’s the matter?” She asked as her son rested his head on her shoulder, her hand moving in soft circles on his back to soothe him, Hunter was very good at reading people and if someone else was upset, he was bound to feel the same way.
“Betty..I..” he stuttered and was quickly cut off by a sharp gasp coming from Veronica
“Oh my god.” She said on an inhale, her eyes wide as she stared at something behind Betty’s back.
“What?!” Betty whisper shouted, trying to Remain calm for her son, she turned around slowly, adjusting hunter. Her heart nearly fell out of her chest when she turned around.
There, standing before her, in the middle of Riverdale park was Jughead Jones, he looked almost exactly the same except for the addition of some muscle mass and his missing beanie.
“I tried to warn you. I ran into him at the airport, I texted you but..” Archie said from beside her.
Betty was too busy staring at Jughead to take in what he was saying, his eyes were trained on Hunter and Veronica instantly moved forward to protect her friend.
“Id like to say it’s great to see you again but that would be a lie and I don’t lie in front of children, let’s go Betty” Veronica hissed, her eyes lethal as she glared at Jughead.
Betty nodded solemly, tightening her grip on Hunter as she turned to walk away. Before she could leave Jughead Gripped her forearm
“Bets..” he begged, his eyes pleading with hers
Betty pulled her arm away as if she had been burnt.
“Is he.. is he mine?” Jughead asked, tears visible in his eyes. Even after all these years, the sight of him in pain was enough to make her weak, her own eyes filled with tears as she nodded slowly, Jughead exhaling sharply as he stared at Hunter.
The toddler seemed to sense his mother was upset and he placed a messy kiss on her cheek
“Don’t cry mama, I love you.”
The tiny voice of her two year old son shook Betty out of her daze and with one final look at Jughead she said
“Leave me and my son alone. We didn’t need you then and we don’t need you now, so stay out of our lives.” She whipped around, Veronica draping an arm over her shoulder as Betty held back the stinging tears.
Jughead stood in the center of the park watching his son and love of his life walk away.
Archie moved beside him.
“I know you had a reason for leaving man but… that’s your kid.”
With that Archie walked off to catch up with the girls.
Jughead stared down at his hands, clenched into fists, a habit he had picked up from Betty, Archie was right
I'm tired, kinda sick, hungry, and forced to be at school. Could you write me some cute headcanons? I don't care what they're about.
((girl… you can have as many headcanons as you desire. now let me introduce you to alabama native!peter simmonds and new yorker!jason mcconnell 🙌🏼))
• peter actually enjoys college football and is most likely an alabama fan
• his family lives in a small but very rich town where there’s nothing but big, fancy homes, each sitting on 50+ acres of land
• you wanna talk about living in bumfuck eqypt? come to alabama, where it takes you 30 minutes to get to the nearest gas station and another 20 on top of that to get to walmart
• he has a horse named hamlet :) hamlet tries to bite jason the first time they meet (he’s a jealous horse)
• peter says “y'all” and “bless your/his/her/their heart(s)” all the fucking time and everyone thinks it’s a compliment at first, but jason knows the truth
• matt thinks peter’s accent sounds funny when they’re like 11 or 12 and he makes fun of him for it, but peter just claps back and asks him why his hairline is already receding
• THE PASSIVE AGGRESSIVENESS AND PETTINESS OF THIS ALABAMA GAY BOY IS INCOMPARABLE
• jason is just… so enamored with this little southern firecracker and can’t get enough of him
• all of peter’s old friends from back home know about him being gay and beg him to bring jason to alabama so they can finally meet him and threaten jason’s life if he hurts their best friend
- “did they threaten you in any way, honey?”
- *laughs nervously* “nope! they were nice!”
• peter drives a truck (cue jason drooling everywhere) and definitely has some mean ass road rage because everyone drives like they’re in the fucking fast and the furious down here, especially on backroads
• driving down backroads and there’s so. much. green. and so. many. ANIMALS. especially cows. jason’s in heaven.
• going to bonfires with peter’s childhood friends
- jason just thought he could handle his alcohol
- he is a lightweight compared to these people
- peter tried to warn him…
• jason swears he’s dying of a heatstroke every second he’s outside
- “sweetheart, it’s only 85°”
- “HOW ARE YOU NOT DEAD YET?!”
• getting caught up on all the small town gossip because honey, there is A LOT of gossip
- jason can’t keep up with aunt betty sue’s ex-husband’s affair with his brother’s wife
• peter defies the stereotype of southerners speaking slow and low and jason didn’t think he could talk any faster. boy howdy, was he proven wrong.
• THICKENED ACCENT WHEN PETER IS HOME (cue more drooling jason because that accent does some things to his soul)
going to the lake or the river for the day
- peter driving a boat (jason: 🤤)
- peter skiing and wakeboarding
• local diners with the best food jason has ever tasted
- “why am i just now eating cornbread?! this shit’s amazing!”
• fourth of july date 😍
• going on horseback riding trails once jason finally gets the hang of sitting on the saddle without falling off
• STARGAZING IN A FIELD
• dealing with that one homophobic kid that peter hated growing up
• jason beating that guy’s ass for being a dick to peter at a party (ง •̀_•́)ง
• sneaking into bars to go listen to bands
• peter singing at a bar one night like he used to do every summer
• HOME COOKED FOOD
• going to atlanta baseball games together
going down to gulf shores together to peter’s family’s beach house
• no cell service = high strung jason
• outside concerts galore
• these two idiots actually getting to love each other and not be harshly judged like people assume (because, contrary to popular belief, southerners are not as publicly nasty about homophobia as people believe)
• peter: “we need to have sex in the truck bed”
- “because… aesthetic, baby”
- turns out it’s kind of uncomfortable but they laugh about it
• peter is damn good at cooking (obvs) and jason finally gets to see peter really cook with an unlimited amount of food unlike back at school
• peter teaching jason how to cook 😌 it turns out to be a disaster, but at least he tried
((ok…. now let’s talk about new yorker!jason for a minute…))
• hockey fanatic and more than likely a rangers fan
• probs a new york mets fan when it comes to baseball
• prefers walking everywhere because the subway and taxis are gross af
• most likely lives in a nice loft in tribeca or somewhere of that nature
• he takes peter to his first broadway show, a baseball game, AND a hockey game when he comes to visit during spring break
• shopping spree in soho 😏 jason does not even give a shit about how much peter spends and just lets him loose in every store possible
- try to prove that he does this out of spite against his parents by maxing out all of their credit cards
• “so living here is why you walk so fast… WILL YOU SLOW DOWN?!”
• peter will never be satisfied with domino’s pizza ever again
• jason is a walking encyclopedia of new york city
• peter really really REALLY likes jason’s yankee accent when he sees him in his element 😛
• jason likes being super high up on skyscrapers and it scares the ever living shit out of peter
• so. many. PEOPLE. what the FUCK.
• peter freaking the fuck out at seeing every single one of his favorite celebrities just… walking by him…. jason is used to it at this point.
• JASON SCORES SEATS AT NEW YORK FASHION WEEK PER HIS MOTHER AND PETER IS DEAD TO THE WORLD
- “that’s it. i’m never going back to alabama.”
• peter is not used to all of the sirens, car horns, and yelling people when he sleeps, but jason is knocked the fuck out and sleeping like a baby
• jason always gives money to street performers when he can because he’s a nice person and peter is all 😍 because of it
• jason makes fun of peter for hating the cold
- “peter, it’s only 40° out”
- “IT’S DAMN NEAR FREEZING YOU ASSHAT STOP LAUGHING AT ME”
((this post could go on forever, but here’s some of he best ones 😌 hope you have a better day, my dear! 💕))
Here are some scans from the LSOH program book. I don’t have access to a good scanner, so the quality isn’t great (especially the text), so I might update with new scans once I’m home for spring break.
Summary: Coffee shop!AU – Ivy, Margaret and Betty fell ill at the same time and the four Pevensies have to spend their spring break running Uncle’s Diggory’s coffee shop in Coombe, Cornwall. For @riptidethepen
Character A and Character B had planned a vacation to the beach/lake/mountains/etc. over spring break, but when they arrive there, the weather is absolutely rotten. So, the two of them end up exploring historical museums and laughing over cheesy gift shop items.