Because we talked about it before, ascended fangirl Shoko-tan also retweeted this cute fanart (and so did Junichi Masuda!). Although people back then thought it was just because the ending was based on her song/her love of Serena and Amourshipping wasn’t plainly obvious, before she shared her own fanart, I think.
- 1: Movie 20 is a parallel world that is split from the OS episode one, in a ‘what if the story took a completely different route because of the Ho-Oh feather’…
- 2: As Yuyama mentioned in the OHAOHA ANIKI show, Pikachu was chosen instead of the other three starters for the sake of the kids who were playing the RGB games (for instance, if Bulbasaur were the main star, what about the young children who picked up Squirtle?). It’s cute, Thunderbolt looks strong, plus it’s a bit more remarkable than the other ideasthe game developers had suggested him (“what about the monsters you can find in the beginning of your journey?” - Pidgey/Ratatta).
- 3: There are twenty times more Spearow included to the movie than in the original OS episode: they were 50, but now they are 1000 (lol what). Talk about wanting to kill Ash, huh.
- 4: Yuyama says that Movie20!Ash is more fashionable than OS Ash - his clothes are different and influenced by the design created by Sugimori: OS Ash has a different hat logo, larger jacket collar, thicker pants and his shirt is tucked in.
- 5: Although it is a parallel world, the trainers from the opening scene are indeed the trainers we see from Mewtwo’s first movie.
- 6: Yuyama says that Shoko Nakagawa was responsible for being the symbol of 20 years of Pokemon series with the role of Nurse Joy. Like kids admiring their school teacher, you could say that’s the kind of relationship kids in the series have with Nurse Joy. Shokotan grew up playing the first gen of the game and that’s why she represent Pokemon’s 20th anniversary by voice acting a “older sister” kind of role on this movie.
- 7: Ash doesn’t age. Quoting what Yuyama said, “time has not passed since the start of the journey. Ash is eternally 10 years old”. He has written and still writes Ash’s character by placing himself as a kid with the same age.