What I enjoyed the most about the trip was seeing more of the Pacific. I’ve only seen Santa Cruz, Monterrey, and SF, which I love but driving up one, all you see is ocean and the horizon. And right across the ocean is Asia. I feel like in America, especially the Bay Area, we live in a bubble and don’t get to see how big the world really is.
One thing that sucks about being mixed black/white is that I tan well during the summer, but lose it quick during the winter. The only reason I’m even writing this post is because some girl on FB is saying she hopes she doesn’t get dark this summer. She’s white. SMH. The only color she’s getting this summer is RED!
I have to take out a student loan….My first one in the five years I’ve been in college. Which isn’t too bad considering I know people take out thousands every year. Hopefully next year financial aid ozr better….
1. I’m almost 23 and still don’t have my driver’s license.
2. The reason I wanted to study journalism is because it involves writing, photography and traveling.
3. I’m helping with the production of my schools vagina monologues this year.
4. My favorite book as a kid was the Giver and I’m afraid they’re going to ruin it with this new movie.
5. When I was thirteen, I wore a jacket everyday, even when it was hot because I was that self conscience about my body.
Unrealistic images in the media can alter the way young girls view their bodies in the future.
hey guys! here the think to my latest column piece. All semester long I have been writing a column I called “Phenomenally Femininist.” I have discussed issues revolving around race, sexuality, gender and just dumb mysognist things. This column has definitely helped me develop a voice when writing opinion pieces.