DIY: T-shirt to T-strap halter
1. cut the T-shirt. make sure the shirt is large enough. the large bottom piece will be used for the main part of the top, so be sure to make it as long as possible by cutting it at the underarm area.
2. take the sleeves and sew the “top” of the neckline, leaving a 1" gap
3. using excess fabric from the chest part of the shirt, make the back of the top. i included a zipper in mine. sew the front piece to the back piece of the shirt.
4. with another piece of excess fabric, sew a tube that is about 6" long and about 1" wide. this will be the piece that connects the neck piece to the shirt.
5. connect the tube to the top and to the neck piece. to clarify; the “neckpiece” refers to the piece ribbed Tshirt that was cut off from the neck area of the shirt.
6. it should look like the sixth picture.
7. Now attach the bottom of the shirt to the top. Since the bottom is a larger circumference than the top, pins are needed to pin down the pleats made. I made four pleats; two in the front and two in the back of the shirt.
8. done :)