tbh one of my favourite kinds of deancas aus are ones where they’re super angsty but in the end they end up living in a little apartment and waking each other up at 3am because of nightmares and cuddling and going for walks in the rain and being attracted to each others’ art and having simple life things together he lp me
1. Hating Sam/Jared
Okay, I have no idea where this one started, but honestly I don’t care what you ship if you hate on either of my tol cinnamon roll babies, YOU WILL BE FACING MY WRATH. ALL 5'2 OF IT.
2. Hating the women that they were with.
Personally, I love Jo and Lisa. Cassie was just there for an episode, so I don’t really have any opinions on here.
I don’t like Meg for other reasons (her character inconsistency was annoying and her voice got on all my nerves) but hating her just because she kissed Cas is pretty shallow.
3. Two hot men kissing.
Right. This. Look, if the only reason that you ship them is that it would be hot to see them kiss, I’d just like to tell you that YER A FUCKBUTT, HARRY. Other people can probably explain this better, but you’re fetishising a whole community and you need to stop. Now.
4. Hating on their wives.
This is probably more of a Cockles thing than a Destiel one, but most of the Cockles shippers that I’ve encountered were all awesome people, so I’ll say it on their behalf, we don’t hate Danneel and Vicki, okay? Seriously, why would anybody, when they make Misha and Jensen so happy?
5. Making everything gay/The gay agenda
No. No. Say it with me, no. We do not ship them because they’re both men
We ship them because they have amazing chemistry and it makes sense that Dean and Cas be together. And it would obviously be the bisexual agenda, if it was an agenda. Which it’s not. At all. *Cackles in the distance*
• What Destiel is about
1. Unconditional Love
2. Dean finally realizing that he's not damaged and deserves love. Also realizimg that he’s not the perfect manly man soldier that John raised him to be, and that’s okay.
3. Cas understanding that he will always have a home with Dean (and Sam, by extension)
4. Two people who help each other to be better people.
5. Two people who constantly screw up, but forgive each other, because that’s what love is about.
6. Seeing people at their worst, and still loving them. (Dean forgiving Cas after he becomes God and Cas telling him that he deserves to be saved)
7. Unconditional love (I’m sorry, I’ll never be over the “I’d rather have you, cursed or not.”)
8. Both of them, giving up so much for each other.
9. Sticking up for each other
• Obviously I can’t speak for the entire fandom, but these are my views, and generally the views of people that I’ve encountered. Thanks for taking the time out to read it!
college roommates!dean and cas fucking during a floor meeting, and we all know dean makes a lot of noise when he’s getting fucked so cas has to kiss dean constantly or cover his mouth with a hand or stick some fingers in his mouth in order to quiet him down so not everyone will hear them down the hall
college roommates!dean and cas fucking in between classes so dean always shows up five minutes late with sex hair and a grin on his face, wincing a little when he sits down
college roommates!dean and cas pushing their beds together and cas fucking dean across them
college roommates!dean and cas attending a formal event together and then afterwards when they get home cas takes off his tie and ties dean’s wrists to the bedpost with it and fucks him
dean blowing cas while he studies for a big exam; dean climbing into his lap to ride him when he aces it
tipsy saturday night fucks where they fall asleep right afterwards
sleepy sunday morning fucks before breakfast and the day of homework begins
This scene immediately screams “ROMANTIC TROUPE”, where - as @dudewheresmypie put it brilliantly - the usual, cliched, ‘I can’t let you do this. It can’t go on any longer. I can’t sit here and watch you fall in love with somebody else when I’m already so in love with you.’ would occur.
Take another look at the first gif with me.
Dean body language, as well as the tone of his “Cas wait” does NOT suggest he’s about to make a comment about his attire. He looks tense the entire time and as if he’s having a mental battle with himself.
Then we get to the second gif.
And this is how i believe the chronological order of his mental argument goes:
1) Looks into Cas’ eyes then down to his lips
Reminisces on love for him.
2) Nods and says “I can’t let you do this.” with determination in his brow.
Wants to tell him that he loves him not to go and to stay with him in a 'no homo’ way.
3) In the split second with his eyes closed he bails because he doesn’t think he’s worthy of love
“Nope, can’t. Quick new excuse”
4) Opens his eyes to see Cas’ Gas 'n’ Sip jacket
Quick, he’s going on a date, say some shit about his clothes.
5) stares at his body
“The longer i stare the less suspicious he’ll be”
6) “You’re gonna wear that? On a date?
But i’m not done.
Look at Cas here.
Unless it’s just me, i don’t need to wear shippy goggles to recognise the looks on his face. He doesn’t just look like he’s waiting to hear the quick wit of Dean he knows all too well, even if he is pop-culture savvy now. He genuinely looks like he’s waiting for his big movie blowout.
This short scene breaks my heart and i really hope Dean the writers grows the necessary balls needed to man up to his feelings