1. Life will break you down until you’re crawling on your hands and knees, until you feel like you are Atlas holding the world upon your shoulders, until you feel like the raging inferno inside of your chest is going to combust. These are the moments that will forge you in a fire and make you more unbreakable than diamonds.
2. We are made of stardust, at least that’s what they say. I remember someone told me that every atom in my body once belonged to a star that exploded. At night I stare at my hands and wonder when I will erupt. I know now that I cannot trust anyone else to keep me whole in the darkest hours of the night but my own two star infused arms.
3. You will fall in love, and that is okay. Sometimes we need to fall in love to remember that there is good out there. Fall in love with the boy who opens the door for you, fall in love with your boss who works too hard, fall in love with the woman who hands out roses on that one street corner, fall in love with yourself.
4. They weren’t lying when they said we accept the love we think we deserve. I grew up being told I was a mistake and so I adopted the idea that no one could ever love a mistake. I was wrong (they were wrong) and now it’s up to me to prove them wrong. Don’t believe the things they said, you are so much more than the toxins they tried to poison you with.
5. Close your eyes, count to ten, and open them again. You are not alone. I know it may feel like you are the only one, but believe me when I say that you aren’t. I was where you are, and now I have talked to more people that have been through much worse than I than I would like to admit to. You are never alone, not really.
6. Music can save. Play it as loud as you can with the windows down as you drive (probably a little too fast). Play it while you are at work and while you are in the shower and play it when you want to give up in the middle of the day and when you want to give up in the middle of the night. Just play the music that tugs at your heartstrings, it may save you.
7. Nothing in life is easy, not really. You will catch a few breaks here and there, but the rest of the time you will find yourself fighting tooth and nail to make it back to the top. Don’t give up, I almost did this year and if I had I wouldn’t be able to witness what the sun looks like shining in her eyes.
8. You will have scars, and that’s fine. We all have them but it’s up to you if you want to hide them or show your battle wounds to the world so they know how strong of a warrior you are, so they know not to fuck with you.
9. Watch the sunrise, and watch the sunset. There is something about the sun that screams life; let the light bleed into you and consume you until you shine with it. Sometimes it’s the simple things we are missing in life that we need the most.
10. They will say they love you and then they will turn around and break your heart. You cannot compare your life’s worth to the empty spaces that were once filled around you. People will leave (willing or not) and life will go on. Let life go on.
11. If you are under the impression you are broken, then it is up to you to decide if you are or not. It took me years to admit that I was never quite whole, but when I did it was the most freeing feeling ever. Brokenness does not take away from perfection, and you are the very definition of perfect.
12. It’s okay to let people in, you don’t need to cage yourself away from the rest of the world, don’t forget to live your life while you pursue safeness.
13. Hobbies will save you when all else fails you, find a hobby and stick to it. When the world feels all too loud, a hobby can make you go deaf.
14. The moment you realize Wonder Woman or any other superhero you idolized as a child is not going to swoop down and save you is when your life changes. You have to be your own hero in this world. Stop waiting for someone to save you and go save yourself.
15. They are gone, she took her own life and he died in a car crash and she died from cancer and he left. You cannot live your life counting how many people that held a piece of your heart vanished, I’m not saying to forget about them I’m just saying that it’s okay to say goodbye.
16. It’s okay to cry; cry in the shower and in bed and in your car, being sad is okay as long as you don’t let it consume you.
17. Smile as much as you can even on the bad days.
18. For God’s sake, don’t let them ruin you. You are so strong, you’ve made it this far and that means you can make it another day. If you can get through today you can get through tomorrow and every day that follows. If you feel like you can’t get through the day then sit down and don’t move until the light is peaking in through your window.
19. Never say never. If you think you can’t do something try anyway, this is your life, you are the main character of your own story, but you are also the author of your story. Write it however you want, but don’t give up halfway through.
20. Just don’t take your life. While this is something I learned this year I’m also writing this as a reminder to myself and to you. Don’t do it, please. There can be more to life then what you are feeling right now, don’t rob yourself of the beauty of this world. Don’t give up, no matter how much it hurts.
An open letter to myself, and to you. (Sometimes I write until I run out of words) ALightLitInTheDark
do you want clear skin? good grades? the sun to shine 25/8? then watch monsta x’s new mv, beautiful, over and over and over again and make sure to vote for them constantly so they can get the first win they should’ve gotten ages ago.
15.09.2015 - YG releases iKON’s Warm-up single “My type”
iKON stays number #1 on national and international charts for more than 10 days (takes place of songs that stayed on #1 for weeks)
15.09.2015 - iKON hits melon roof for the 18th time leaving bands like exo with 15 hits and beast with 16 hits behind (first ever rookie band to hit melon chart on their debut)
26.09.2015 - iKON wins on MBC “Music Core” with their warm-up single “My type” (first rookie band to win without promoting)
27.09.2015 - “My type” hits 6 Million views on youtube after only 12 days
27.09.2015 - iKON’s first win with “My type” on Inkigayo
01.10.2015 - YG releases iKON half album + 2 title track MV’s (rythm ta & Airplane)
01.10.2015 - iKON’s half-album clinches the #1 spot on the iTunes chart of 11 countries
03.10.2015 - iKON holds debut concert “Showtime” in front of over 13,000 people (tickets were sold out in seconds)
04.10.2015 - iKON performs their officially debut stage on Inkigayo
04.10.2015 - iKON’s second win with “My type” on Inkigayo (just 3 days after their official debut)
05.10.2015 - iKON takes #1 spot on “Melon popularity award” for the first week of october
8.10.2015 - iKONs #4 win in total after debut. This time on M! Countdown for “Rhythm ta”
5-10.10.2015 - iKON Half Album is #1 on “Tower Records” Japan’s Top 10 KPOP Albums for 2nd week of October!
12.10.2015 - iKON wins “Melon weekly choice awards” for the 3rd time
27.10.2015 - iKON achives a Trophy all-kill for “Melon weekly popularity Award”! 5 weeks = 5 trophies
28.10.2015 - iKONs half album (with 26.000 copies) on #16 of “Worlds Top 20 most selling albums” (even before artists like Sam Smith)
30.10.2015 - iKON is nominated for “Best new male artist” for MAMA 2015
07.11.2015 - iKON wins Melon Music Award for “Best new male artist”
11.11.2015 - iKON gets #4 on “Top 15 total downloads for male idol groups 2015” with 1,537,095 downloads in total & gets #9 on “Top 15 downloaded songs by male idol groups in 2015” for “my type” with 720,225 downloads right after EXOs “Call me baby” with 728,526 downloads
24.12.2015 - iKON takes No.1 on seven music charts with new songs of their debut full album
24.12. 2015 - “DUMB&DUMBER” takes No.1 on Melon, Korea’s biggest music-streaming website, as well as Soribada and NAVER Music. “I MISS YOU SO BAD” is in the top on Bugs, Genie, and Mnet, and “WHAT’S WRONG?“ on Olleh Music
24.12.2015 - iKON is stays No.1 on iTunes chart of Asian countries including Macao, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam
28.12.2015 - iKON banner is open on iTunes main page of USA, Japan, and Pan Asia countries Hong Kong, Indonesia, Macao, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
30.12.2015 - IKON receives the “Best Group Award” at Netease Attitude Awards
6+7.01.2016 - All tickets for iKONCERT (10,000 seats) sold out in exactly 10 minutes (for both days)
07.01.2016 - iKON’s first full-length album debuts at Nr. 2 on Billboard’s “World albums chart”
08.01.2016 - „My type’ ranked #3 place on Music Bank (even 5 month after release)
13.01.2016 - iKON releases their debut Japanese album, “Welcome Back” (japan debut)
14.01.2016 - iKON wins #1 on M!Countdown (dumb & dumber)
14.01.2015 - iKON wins the “Best New Male Artist” Award at the 2016 Seoul Music Awards (4th Music Award win in total)
14.01.2016 - iKON’s japanese debut album “WELCOME BACK” sales 53,207 units on its first day
15.01.2016 - iKON takes No. 1 on the Oricon Charts in Japan (at the same time as their japanese debut)
20.01.2016 - iKON wins “Rookie of the year” at Golden Disk Awards 2016 (5th Music Award win in total // 4th time to win “Rookie of the year”)
21.01.2016 - iKON wins #1 on M!Countdown (dumb & dumber)
27.01.2016 - “My Type” hits 20 M views on Youtube
28.01.2016 - iKON wins #1 on M!Countdown with “Dumb & Dumber” (3 weeks in a row/triple crown)
17.02.2016 - iKON wins “Best New Male Artist” at Gaon Chart Awards 2016
17.02.2016 - iKON wins “Artist of the Year” for September 2015 (digital) at Gaon Chart Awards 2016
17.02.2016 - iKON reportedly 1st ever group to have a “Rookie Award Grand Slam” since SHINee 8 years ago!
29.02.2016 - “Rhythm-Ta” hits 20M views on youtube
02.03.2016 - “Airplane” hits 10M views on youtube
10.03.2016 - “Apology” hits 10M views on youtube
23.03.2016 - iKON wins “Album of the year by media” at the QQ Music Award
23.03.2016 - iKON wins “Best new force group” at QQ Music Award
28.03.2016 - YG releases ‘Welcome Back - Complete Edition’ Album in Japan
30.03.2016 - iKON ‘Welcome Back - Complete Edition’#1 on iTUNES Japan Album Chart (KPOP) even before Bigbang
01.04.2016 - iKON sets a record (among rookie groups) by surpassing 120,000 sales of their albums
15.04.2016 - iKON wins “Asian most popular korean group” at China Music Awards 2016 exactly 7 month after their debut!#7MonthWithiKON
30.05.2016 - YG releases #WYD MV (no promotion only for fans)
30.05.2016 - #WYD first genie roof hit 2 hours after it’s release!
30.05.2016 - #WYD ranked #1 on Melon only 2 hours after it’s release
30.05.2016 - #WYD is ranked #1 on 7 Music sites only 3 hours after it’s release
30.05.2016 - iKON ranked #5 “2016 RELEASES WITH THE MOST 1ST HOUR LISTENERS” and #1 in male groups
01.06.2016 - #WYD hits 1 M views on youtube, only a day after it’s release
06.06.2016 - iKON wins “Melon popularity award” for the1st week of june
11.06.2016 - iKON with #WYD at #2 on inkigayo (without any promotions during their asia showtime tour)
13.06.2016 - iKON wins “Melon popularity award” for the 2nd week of june
23.06.2016 - iKON ranked #9 (with dumb&dumber) “Top 10 Artists with Highest Scores on MCountdown (All Time)”
29.06.2016 - iKON wins 1st episode of “Heroes of Remix” with cover of “beijing beijing”
12.07.2016 - iKON wins 3rd episode of “Heroes of Remix” with “Master chou” x “Rhythm Ta” remix
24.07.2016 - iKON wins 5th episode of “Heroes of Remix”
28.09.2016 - iKON releases “Dumb&Dumber” mini Album in Japan / over 38k copies sold on the first day
28.09.2016 - iKON topsthe ‘Oricon daily CD single rankings’ with “Dumb&Dumber” JPN mini album ( placed first on oricon chart twice in less than a year) + tops ‘Billboard Japan single sales chart’
18.11.2016 - iKON wins“Best new artist award”at Japan record awards (JPN grammys) second Kpop group to win that award since Bigbang 7 years ago
21.11.2016 - iKON wins ‘Tencent QQ Music Star Award’ at MMA 2016
26.12.2016 - iKON ‘Welcome Back’ album wins in rookie category of “Best selling album”at ‘49th ORION annual ranking 2016′
26.12.2016 - iKON made over 640M Yen ($5.6M USD) from DVD’s, single album & full album. Concerts NOT included (they held 30 concerts alone in Japan for 2016)
29.12.2016 - iKON’s ‘Welcome Back’ Album on #3 of Orion Best selling K-pop Albums in 2016 with over 90k sold copies
05.01.2017 - iKON at #2 in Top 10 M!Countdown highest scores for 2016 (boy groups)
29.01.2017 - iKON at #5 with ‘My Type’ (1,613,177) in Top 40 most downloaded kpop boy group songs 2013-2017 (Right after exo and bigbang)
10.02.2017 - iKON confirmed to have a Japan Dome Tour in the middle of 2017. Break EXO’s record as the fastest non-Japanese group to make a dome tour after debut (exo = 3 years after debut // iKON = 1 year after debut)
24.02.2017 - iKON ‘My Type’ at #5 ‘Most downloaded boy group songs(2013-2017)’ with over 1.6M downloads. The only rookie group in top 10 (bigbang on 1/¾ & exo on 2)
26.02.2017 - iKON receives 2 awards from 'Japan Gold Disc Awards 2017. 'New Artist of the year’ & 'Best 3 New Artists’
22.05.17 - iKON releases two MV’s ‘BLING BLING’ & ‘B-DAY’
22.05.17 - ‘BLING BLING’ hits 3M views only 24h after its release! ‘B-DAY’ hits 2M views
22.05.17 - iKON single album at #1 on iTunes World wide charts in 10 Countries
23.05.17 - iKON ‘BLING BLING’ & ‘B-DAY’ go straight to #1 & #2 spot at Chinese QQ MV charts
And the “monster rookies” continue to take over the music world.
Hi Everyone! So, like I said in my summary post after finishing all the fills for the Rise of the Guardians kinkmeme, I’m making lists of my favorites from each category/ship in the masterpost list.
Below, I’ve listed the twenty gen fics that, per my own personal rubric, I consider to be the best/my favorites. (Not all categories will have a top twenty! The gen category was really large.) I also have a couple honorable mentions because I make my own rules for these posts.
The fics are listed in chronological order, with the oldest at 1 and the newest at 20.
‘Gotten’ (gen) (7/19): The Guardians are surprised to find that Pitch actually takes care of the children the Boogeyman “gets.” (Well, Sandy isn’t surprised.) Pitch ends up sort of shanghaied into being a Guardian (maybe).
I’m Fine (gen) (8/1): Everyone except Jack is sick with bad colds, and he has to take care of them. Pitch shows up trying to be evil but he’s sick, too. There’s a cuddle pile and implication that Pitch is more often “that weird guy we know” rather than the ultimate evil.
Rabbit Starts Autumn (gen) (2/17): I like this one because it gave me the chance to try writing Bunny and Pitch as older folkloric figures, and come up with a myth about the origin of autumn and spring.
I and You (gen) (4/9): A gen exploration of eldritch Pitch encountering eldritch Jack and them getting along for a little while. It’s independent of the Eldritch Abomination Polyamorous Whatever AU.
Child Jack to the Ice Tower Came (gen) (7/2): This is an AU where Jack gets ice powers as a human, is cast out of his village because of that, and goes to seek out General Winter because there’s no where else for him to go.
Birth of the Drowned Boy (gen) (9/10): Another genfic with eldritch Pitch and (newly) eldritch Jack. I think I like exploring the ambiguity of what it means to have a body as a Guardian or similar.
The Myriad Forms of Monsters (gen) (10/10): A character study of Pitch, which touches on what he likes to do and doesn’t like to do as the Boogeyman. Avoids the idea that his fear is useful in any practical sense.
Three’s a Crowd (mostly gen) (2/6): Okay, I’m kind of surprised this ended up on my list, because it’s not a trope I usually work with, but here it is. To his surprise, Jack discovers that he’s pregnant and Pitch is the other parent. Magical sand can do that, here. But…who else got hit with nightmare sand? Maybe this is crack.
Skip To The End (gen) (3/18): North knows that the beings that usually try to destroy Christmas always fail and usually also end up with a change of heart at the end. When Pitch shows up at the Pole with an evil plan, North welcomes him and lays out an argument why they should just skip to that end.
One Chance/Second Chance (gen) (6/12): Sandy guards Pitch at the Pole while the other Guardians try to figure out how to get Kozmotis back. Sandy has some surprising words of comfort for Pitch, who knows he isn’t Kozmotis and doesn’t want to be.
All There (gen)(7/27): Jack takes some pretty brutal (but not graphically described) vengeance on Pitch for killing Sandy. Like, this is a pretty dark story, but I like it because, well, there were so many prompts about Jack going dark and joining Pitch, but it seems to me that after Sandy, Jack could have gone dark–but against Pitch.
Coming To His Senses (gen)(12/5): Jack’s been using a dead body and dead senses for a long time, and when he becomes a Guardian with believers, he returns to bodily life. The sensory input overwhelms him, but the Guardians take care of him and he learns more about the special connection between them.
The White Wolf (gen)(10/3): Jack dies while hunting a wolf that attacked his village and the moon makes him a voluntarily shifting werewolf. He becomes a local legend and is woven into Little Red Riding Hood variations. I like this one because I got to include fake scholarship with it.
There Will Be Time (gen) (5/16): This didn’t make the initial list because it’s not really narrative. It’s musings on North and Bunny (separately) and how very old they are and how multiple their pasts are.
Honorable Mentions The Second: Human Stories
I didn’t want these stories to take up spots on a list that I really wanted to focus on the Guardians, but I still quite like these stories below that focus on human characters brushing up against the world of the Guardians.