Finally watched the ep so I can take part in the "who is LMD" talk! The reason why Daisy didn't take Ivanov away, it may be because she wanted to go back for him but RoboCoulson stopped her? and the sensor said 4 LMDs because of Coulson's hand that was switched on Robo version. While why I think Fitz might had been switched - no other reason to send Jemma away with a random agent, giving her and only her an alibi. But I'm ready to know if you have something to put down these theories of mine :D
I’ve gotten this ask a few times this week so I’m going to put a few links in this answer.
Why Daisy didn’t go back:
- HERE is a Meta I did on this one. But I think when she left the room she intended to go back but got gassed and swapped after she left the room. Fitzsimmons knew that Daisy had fought him…but its unclear if they think he’s on the submarine or dead. Jemma seemed to talk about him in the past tense in the peek.
- Out of everyone Daisy is who I am more on the bubble about than anyone else. It honestly depends on the day. I can make a very convincing argument either way for her being herself vs Robo.
- The hanger setting it off was meant to place that seed of doubt for us now. That seed that either Daisy or Mack could still be themselves if the sensor was still too sensitive.
- Robo Daisy could be a bit of a wild card. While I don’t think Radcliffe went to the degree he did with Robo May in terms of getting her the perfect decoy there will be a some of Daisy in there. If they are bringing the Inhumans to the base, placing them in danger, that goes against everything Daisy wants. Robo Daisy will also be grappling with the loss of her powers.
- I am going down with the ship that neither he or Jemma are LMD’s as of right now. They are going to screw with us and if IF we see a swap its not until closer to the end. But if I’m wrong I’ll own it.
- Here are a few of the Metas/Asks I’ve done as to why I don’t think he or Jemma is, its easier to link them rather than retype them since its ever evolving as we progress…so sorry for so many links :D.
They have now done the LMD twist twice now. We’ve had the long term with May and then the mass swap out with the team last week. Pulling that again with either one of Fitzsimmons is the same trick and throws away tons of character development. Same goes for “this was all in the Framework” for someone. Someone has to be safe to save everyone else and they have been building the whole arc for Fitzsimmons to come back and fix this together.
They also like to be a lot more sneaky with their twists. They’ve left enough false clues in order to distract us from what is really coming. Remember all those clues they left back in Season one about May really being Skye’s mother. Or Season 2 that Jemma had been Brainwashed by Hydra. I would rather see something like Robo May turning on the others and protecting her ducklings. Robo Daisy grappling with the sense of loss by not having her powers. I also bet the bigger twist will be the set up for C (come on AIM, Hydra, Papa FItz, knowing what Radcliffe’s actual plan is, or something with the Inhumans).