Something that I feel is under-explored is the fact that Jack is a queer history major. And he went to a very LGBTQ friendly college.
Basically imagine Jack being forever annoyed when people assume that historical figures were straight.
So, with the wonderful help of my dear irl bff @ohsobittle, let me tell you a story. (seriously follow her she’s The Best and we are essentially a matched set)
- it really all just starts when they Jack is a little tipsy and hanging out with The Boys and Bitty (of course). Bitty is the DD for the night.
- “Y’know, John Laurens was really cute.” “Who?” “John Laurens. Alexander Hamilton’s boyfriend.” “….what?”
- (Bitty is on Jack duty. tipsy Jack will probably wander off and go try to teach a class if left unsupervised.)
- “No seriously John Laurens was really cute. And so was Alexander. You know his eyes were actually /violet/? Like. Bittle. You don’t understand. Pull up a picture.”
- (Shitty points out that Jack isn’t usually into gingers and Jack throws a pillow at him)
- “no but he was described as having a peaches and cream complexion like what the fuck”
- and then of course Holster is like “I didn’t know they were in love” and Jack is like “oh my god their letters, man, their LETTERS”
- *cue theme music and History Shit With Jack Zimmermann* (credit to ohsobittle for that one)