10 Impressions after 3 weeks of my Introduction to Linguistics Course
1) I fucking love neurolinguistics - its so interesting.
2) Linguistics is really cool.
3) Like really cool.
4) Linguistic Relativity is very interesting and apparently something I’m good at understanding.
5) I am very conflicted about the idea of Universal Grammar.
6) Nim Chimpsky.
7) I am persuaded to believe that Genie couldn’t learn grammar partly due to her abuse, not simply because she missed the critical period.
8) Muthafuckin Nicaraguan Sign Language is a bamf.
9) fuck prescriptivism.
10) this is definitely the major for me.