did someone say deaf autumn headcanons
• autumn didn’t perfect lip reading until she was about 14. she would get help from the local bodega owner down the street, he had a deaf daughter and saw a lot of her in autumn.
• she decided she didn’t want a hearing aid because she didn’t need one. she was fine with the constant hum in her ears, although she always yearned to know what gunshots really sounded like.
• the reason why she walks barefoot around the safehouse is to feel the vibrations of everything around her. she got over the teasing almost as soon as she joined the crew, mostly because she would stare at steven until he got uncomfortable and left.
• despite all their jokes, the crew actually kills anyone who tries to undermine autumn in any way. not that she can’t do it herself. but it’s always satisfying when some asshole makes a deaf joke and james shoots them in the ear. she feels the vibration, sees the pain, and feels pride.
• cib likes to practice guitar when no one else is around. he began doing it around autumn because she couldn’t actually hear the sound of wrong notes. he quickly realized she would know when he had fucked up, because she’d shoot him a raised eyebrow.
• it was steve’s idea to start learning asl, autumn had never asked him to. still, it was sweet when he’ d tried to communicate with her in really slow sign language. now, telling her to watch her fucking mouth with quick hand movements is almost second nature.