There are so many conflicting opinions on my dash in light of the recent news article about Liam and personally it’s important to see the variation in interpretation, the possibilities of outcomes, all those things. It is important to some days to see the various opinions – even if they are incredibly biased, maybe in a good way maybe not so much.
However, it is really important to acknowledge that:
1. Mouthpieces present lies and exaggeration to sell narratives ( you can always skip over the unimportant bits, anyway) BUT EVEN SO, using that as some sort of a moral save to not be concerned over Liam is not a good way to go about justifying it, especially because,
2. Liam slogged his ass for 5+ years for a massive – in size as well in magnitude – ungrateful community. I’d say there is a lot of truth to his struggles
3. Besides, from what I have repeatedly observed over the years, it’s not like there was anyone questioning the veracity and relevance of authenticity of accounts vilifying Liam from these very mouthpieces. If anything, everyone is always ready with their pitchforks ready to attack Liam, so what gives? Is consistency not the forte of the season?
4. Liam’s issues are his and his alone. Making this about the other members (past/present/current/former, whatever, for the sake of simplicity I’m using it as all inclusive term which considers all 5) does not exactly qualify as being supportive, no matter how hard you try to convince yourselves it does. I mean if you couldn’t have made their issues about Liam and compartmentalized it just fine then maybe extend the same courtesy to Liam?
5. There is nothing that suggests Liam’s dropped brand new information. Yes, there might be an expansion but he has talked about his struggles on multiple occasions (pretty sure he was the first to talk about the issues too) and enough times to invite unfair and ridiculous hate, even. Reminds me of the multitude of comments under the “Drop the Mic” video expressing anger and sadness but more over shock over Derulo’s “it’s the one you never see” line. What befuddles me is why the shock? The fandom is comfortably guilty of ignoring everything Liam related – like oh, I dunno, the time he openly talked about his struggles but people were busy misinterpreting the comments to their ship – and so was/is their old team and consequently so was the media. At least Jason genuinely meant no harm…
Disliking Liam and remaining indifferent enough to not feel for Liam is one thing but can we drop these accessory excuses? It’s 2017, for crying out loud.
Liam’s love and passion for music and his love and commitment to fans tested his perseverance, really. And in spite of everything that went down, I can constantly say my guy was always the life of every show.
wait what did t*yler swift do to kanye?