One fateful day in 2009, Andrew Hussie was waking down the streets of New York City, when a crying little girl came up to him and said “I want to make a webcomic like you!” And he told her to be true to herself and she could accomplish anything. But before he could finish speaking, the little girl had stolen his wallet, phone, and character designs right out of his purse and ran away. That girl, as u may have already guessed, grew up to be Michelle Czjakowski, the author and illustrator of Ava’s Demon
What if Faye was meant to be a deconstruction of the yandere archetype?
Like, IntSys looked at all the people who think a yandere waifu is a good thing and said,
“Okay, here’s a girl who has literally nothing else in her life except her boy and is clearly very mentally unstable as proven by her eagerness to murder people in his name. This is what you fucking weeaboos want. Are you happy, yet? You fucksticks.”
a loud laughter erupted from a section of the gryffindor table. james potter had cracked one of his famous jokes. sirius black was barking. remus lupin was howling. peter pettigrew was squeaking. even lily evans was giggling.
she had become quite chummy with the marauders after they stopped the silly bullying. she even helped them with pranks sometimes. james had lessened the flirting, too. she had become kind of an honorary marauder.
eventually the laughter died down. lily cleared her throat. suddenly he whole hall was looking at her.
well, it’s now or never she thought.
“james hat are you doing this saturday?”, she asked coolly, surprising her self. everybody hitched heir breath. dumbledore, not so secretly, passed mcgonagall a galleon, who was smiling happily.
“i suppose we are going to zonko’s for a bit.”, he replied unable to catch what she meant. the rest f the marauders seriously considered changing his middle name to ‘oblivious’.
lily almost facepalmed. “and what are you doing after that?”
“i dunno…”, he repiled.
everybody was hanging on to their every word. james was befuddled. the remus, sirus and peter were abut to tear their hair off. most people were imaging what they would do with their bet winnings.
“three broomsticks. 5 o’ clock. dress causal”, lily ordered and walked out of the hall.
the great hall erupted. people were cheering and hooting. the marauders (minus james) were screaming.
“did that… did she just-”, james started.
“YES, YOU FOOL! SHE ASKED YOU OUT! GO AFTER HER!” the marauders screamed.
Pairings: Mentioned Steve x Reader (Bucky and his niece, Isabelle Rogers)
Word Count: 913
Summary: Bucky spends the day at the park with his niece
Bucky looked down fondly as little Isabelle Rogers - the exact replica of Steve in every way - pushed herself up onto her knees, reaching for the zip lock bag resting in his lap, using her other hand to brace herself on his leg. The two of them were sitting in the park, each sharing one side of the hot pink blanket Izzy insisted they bring with them, a position Bucky would definitely not have found himself in except with the five year old beside him.
Izzy looked up to Bucky as she struggled to reach the piece of cut up carrot inside the bag, her blue eyes wide and her bottom lip pushed out into a pout. Bucky chuckled, shaking his head as he pulled the vegetable out, placing it into her open palm. “I bring candy and all you want are the carrots.” “Dadda say carrots are good for you,” Izzy replies. “Of course he did.”
As Isabelle crunched happily on the carrot Bucky reached into the second bag on his lap, taking out one of the gummy snakes he originally thought he’d be sharing with his niece and popping it into his mouth. He lent back on his elbows as he watched Izzy next to him, her blonde hair a wild mess of curls around her face, an open picture book lying in front of her.
You and Steve had gone away on a three day mission, leaving Izzy under Bucky’s watch. He’d been a little unsure of the whole thing when Steve first asked him to watch her, he’d never had to look after someone that was solely dependent on him, but now that they were two days in Bucky was more than comfortable being with her every minute of the day. So far they’d watched movies, had pizza, and made forts out of Bucky’s couch cushions. The picnic had been next on their to do list.
As Izzy continued reading her book Bucky looked around the park, his attention being drawn to the woman jogging past them, earphones plugged into her ears. Bucky kept his eyes on her as she slowed down towards the edge of the duck pond, stretching her arms up above her head. “Hey Izzy,” Bucky said, grabbing her attention. “What would I have to give you in order for you to go tell that lady over there that she was pretty?”
Bucky knew it was probably not a great idea using his niece as a way to talk to a woman, especially if it ever came back to Steve, but he’d hit a dry spell lately and he was all for trying to break it. Bucky looked back down to see that Izzy had crossed her arms over her chest, her cheeks puffed up as she shook her head. “Mumma said you’d try and use me to - to woo,” Izzy stated, catching Bucky completely by surprise. “Why can you not tell her she pretty uncle Buck?”
I was a teen and worked at McD’s (usually on grill) there was this girl
that would absolutely fly off the handle over anything/nothing all the
time. She was tiny, about 16, and probably thought she was a hot-shit
princess. I’ll call her Ship. She didn’t just yell and swear, either;
she would actually throw things, punch equipment, go into other stations
and knock stuff down, etc. It was crazy. I hated working with Ship and
Ship HATED me because I constantly pushed her buttons and made her fly
off the handle, especially when the owner was around. How? Pointing out
her mistakes, politely asking her what an order she entered meant, or
just looking at her silently. Seriously. It was almost fun.
One day Ship was in window 2 of the drive through handing out the
food. Window one entered “cheeseburger-no cheese.” This is a ‘grill’
order meaning it prints a little slip and you put that slip on the
wrapper to show its custom ordered. Now, I know Ship isn’t going to grab
anything without that little sticker, and she isn’t smart enough to
think about what the order is for.
I smiled and grabbed a hamburger wrapper and made a hamburger and put
it up, leaving the little receipt dangling from the machine next to my
head as if I hadn’t noticed. Ship is watching me as I make the next
order, and the next, muttering to herself, arms crossed, feet tapping,
and I can see the pressure building. She’s making little noises,
stalking away, coming back as the food pile builds.
Finally she snaps. She stalked over, got inches from my face, and screaming says “WHERES MY CHEESEBURGER!”
I feign innocence. I direct her to the screen (I cleared that order
several orders ago of course) and ask what she means. She grabs the
receipt and shoves it in my face, triumphant. “THIS CHEESEBURGER! MAKE
Without taking the receipt, I ask what it is. “CHEESEBURGER NO CHEESE!”
“Oh… well what do you call a cheeseburger no cheese?”
She just stared at me dumbly, so I walked over, picked up the
hamburger, and showed it to her. She got so angry she punched the backup
grill printer off the top of the counter onto the floor (where it
broke) and pushed over some other stuff in the grill. I told the owner
that night, he pulled the tape, verified she was the one that broke his
back up grill printer, and fired her.
Man I hope she’s in jail.
Edit: People keep asking why order a cheeseburger no cheese? My guess
is that the person didn’t order that, they ordered a hamburger happy
meal and the cashier didn’t know there was a separate button. There also
might have been some kind of sale for cheeseburgers or this was the 2
cheeseburger meal, although I’m pretty sure it was only one burger in
question. This was 1998-99. I don’t remember the menu and register well
enough to know for sure why the cashier did it. I don’t even remember
the girls real name!
Here’s some Genderbent!Marauder head cannons you didn’t ask for!
- Jamie Potter was that effortlessly beautiful girl that everyone wanted to be or be with.
- She was the sportiest girl going, too.
- She’d wake up at the crack of dawn to go for a run around the Hogwarts grounds in sun, rain, sleet or snow.
- She was a health freak for health sake (and not for beauty-sake like most people thought)
- In fact, she couldn’t give two hoots about looks.
- Her hair was usually messy bed-hair style; wild and unruly that she ran her fingers through quickly in the morning.
- But it somehow still looked as if it’s been styled perfectly that way.
- She had large, square, Hipster glasses before they became ‘cool’
- (She still think’s that she made them cool)
- She always wore colourful braces with her short school skirts, wore her tie loose and short and had her top button undone.
- She was the epitome of Geek-Chic.
- Jamie laughed loudly, joked constantly and her presence was always known.
- The only other person who could match Jamie on loud presence was Sirius.
- Jamie was head over heels in love with Lee Evans
- For a long time, though, Lee wasn’t interested in her because he believed that Jamie was a ‘mean girl’
- But that was the furtherest away from being true.
- Those were just the horrible lies that his friend Severa would tell him.
- It wasn’t until the end of fifth year when Lee saw Jamie in a deserted corridor with a first year Slytherin that was crying his eyes out did he realise he had her completely wrong.
- At first, he thought she had bullied the young boy to tears and went for his wand, until he saw that she was gently wiping his tears away and letting him cling to her shoulder.
- He hid behind the wall and eavesdropped on the conversation to find out that actually, Severa (who he was starting to figure out wasn’t the person who he thought she was), had actually bullied the young boy for being the ‘wrong sort’ for Slytherin.
- “Hey, hey now. It’s okay to cry. You’re not the wrong sort to be in Slytherin, kiddo.”
- “But … but … she’s right … I’m not … evil … or … Pureblooded”
- “That doesn’t mean you’re not a real Slytherin! And she’s not a pureblood, either. Do you remember the Sorting Hat’s song?”
- The boy shook his head and wiped his tears.
- “He says: in Slytherin, you’ll make your real friends, those cunning folks use any means to achieve their ends.” She smiled. “Does it say you have to be a Pureblood or evil?
- The boy shook his head.
- “Exactly! Because you don’t need to be either of those things. Cunning isn’t a bad trait to have, it just mean’s you’ve got a good brain on these shoulders.” She beamed, poking him lightly in the middle of his forehead earning a cute little giggle.
- “Thank you,” he sniffed and threw his arms around her neck.
- She hugged back just as enthusiastically.
- “Don’t you listen to that Severa. If she gives you any more trouble, you come to me, okay? I’ll drop some boogers in her potions for you.” She winked.
- Lee didn’t tell Jamie that he had seen that exchange until seventh year when they were finally together.
- He knew that that was the moment when he saw Jamie in a new light and had started falling for her.
- Sirius Black was the type of girl that boys would fight each other over but could never have.
- She had high cheekbones that could cut, stormy lined eyes that could kill and a wink that would.
- Sirius was a huge flirt, but she was completely unaware of it.
- It wasn’t until Petra told her that that was why unwanted guys were constantly fawning over her did the dam break and she realised.
- Then she made sure to only flirt with people to get her way (like with McGonagall) or who were her closest friends and knew that was just her nature and wasn’t meant to be taken seriously.
- However, when she tried to flirt with Rema, she would always get a little too flustered, blush profusely and wasn’t as smooth as she usually was.
- It took her nearly a year to realise why.
- She used to wear her hair loosely curled around her face until she met Rema, braiding queen extraordinary.
- Then she always had extravagant hair styles that involved braids.
- She had her hair half up half down, braided buns, French platted fringe, braided pony tails.
- If it was a type of braid, Rema had styled her hair that way.
- And Rema was the onlyone allowed to touch her hair.
- She just had a gentle, calming touch that made Sirius’ eyes flutter and breathing hitch.
- Rema Lupin was a natural beauty.
- She always wore her hair in two french plaits, or in a high pony tail.
- The only time she ever had her hair down or styled was only for special events like the Yule Ball (and Sirius’ and her first date).
- She loved to braid Sirius’ hair because it kept her hands busy and her anxiety under control.
- Her uniform was always pristine.
- She had her tie the right length, her skirt just above her knees and wore knee high socks.
- The socks always drove Sirius’ insane with lust.
- She always had to sit with her legs crossed and clenched in lessons and had to keep her fantasies of Rema in pretty black underwear and her knee high socks under control
- Rema definitley knew the affect they had on Sirius and wore a pair of them pretty much constantly.
- She would wear one of Sirius’ oversized band tees and black lacy underwear to bed with her knee high socks and braided hair
- It took Sirius a long time to calm down before she could fall asleep.
- It took even longer when they started sharing a bed and Rema would casually throw one of her legs over Sirius’ so she could feel the slither of Rema’s thigh against her skin
- Rema suffered with anxiety a lot and sometimes had to go and be on her own for awhile which her friends would respect.
- She could always been seen curled in the armchair in the common room in oversized jumpers that looked like a dress and the high knee socks reading a book.
- Sirius could never help herself when she saw her like this and would have to go and sit in her lap and cuddle with her, which Rema never minded.
- She always seemed like the studious, innocent one out of the group but she had the darkest humour and was the queen of Sass.
- She’d would always whisper sarcastic comments under her breath so only her friends could hear and would have to try and keep themselves under control lest they get in trouble for an outburst of laughter in lessons.
- They didn’t do very well with that and many detentions and points were taken because of it.
- And she just sat there with a killer poker face.
- And that’s why no one realised that she was the most devious out of all of them.
- Petra Pettigrew was the cute one of the group.
- She was the first one to have a boyfriend at the age of 15 and dated him for nearly three months until he expected her to do more than just kiss.
- That was when she realised that she was sex-repulsed.
- But that didn’t mean she didn’t have crushes on boys and didn’t want a relationship - because that’s exactly what she wanted!
- Just with someone who understood how she felt and that it wasn’t a ‘phase’
- She always had the best hugs and the best advice.
- She was the one who convinced Jamie that acting crazy in front of Lee wasn’t going to win his affections, and to just start acting like herself instead of showing off - which worked.
- She was the one who convinced Sirius’ to finally admit her feelings and ask Rema out on a date - which also worked.
- She was the one to comfort Rema when she suffered with anxiety about her scars, friendships and Furry Little Problem.
Daya’s “Sit Still, Look Pretty” is a completely awful song for a wide variety of reasons, but one line that has always driven me particularly insane is “Snow White she did right in her life with seven men to do the chores, ‘cause that’s not what a lady’s for.”
Like wow. Let’s ignore the obvious for second and pretend she didn’t just seriously say that ladies aren’t meant to do chores. I don’t care if you’re a lady or a gentleman, if there are chores to be done you are meant to do them. But no, what really bothers me is her choice to specifically use Snow White as an example. It makes me think she’s not at all familiar with the story of Snow White. Snow White did do the chores. In fact, that is an important part of her story and an important example of her autonomy and strength. In the story, Snow is a young girl fleeing from an evil witch who just tried to have her killed. She is forced to find someway to survive alone and abandoned in the woods. She comes across a lodging where there is potential for food, shelter, and some measure of protection from the witch. Upon meeting the owners of this lodging, she decides to think on her feet and negotiate a living arrangement. The dwarves are hard-working coal miners, but their busy schedules and dirty occupation have led to their house being a filthy mess. Snow sees this need and capitalizes on it by offering her services as a homemaker. She has no money but she decides to barter for sustenance and shelter with her skills, which shows bravery, resourcefulness, and exceptional fortitude in the face of daunting circumstances. She is certainly not less of a girl because she did chores.
But seriously that song sucks so much. “You get off on a 9-to-5/dream of picket fences and trophy wives”?? Are you dating guys exclusively from Mayberry? Who seriously thinks like this? Why would you release a song like that in 2016?
Sakura should no wether or not her husband has glasses. She should not need a picture from years ago to tell her that
Goodness gracious it’s really not that difficult.
No one said anything about the picture “telling” her that Sasuke wore glasses, I simply used it as an example to indicate that the possibility of her forgetting about it was zero because she had a picture right there, but that’s not even the point. Of course Sakura knew that Sasuke didn’t wear glasses, but she was dodging the question, just like she always dodged Sarada’s questions regarding Sasuke; it’s what she had grown accustomed to doing because as it was agreed, they would try to reveal as little as possible.
As you can clearly see, she initially straight up answered that he didn’t wear them, but then she retracted a little bit, and opted to give a more ambiguous answer, because this had become a habit:
That’s what she always did so as to reveal as little information as possible. I mean what? Do you think that just because Sakura never straight up answered Sarada’s questions about what Sasuke was doing, it meant that she didn’t know the answer? Because that’s the seriously flawed logic you’re using here.
Poor Noah. He seemed so…broken. He really liked this girl. They had on;y been dating for a few months but he had began to fall for her. His texts were so sad. He was usually happy and upbeat but that was not the case today. A few minutes later, I heard a car pull up.
I opened the door and stepped out onto the porch. I watched as he got out of the car. He looked like a wreak. He was wearing baggy sweatpants and an old t-shirt, his eyes were bloodshot and puffy, and his hair was a mess. It looked like he had been tugging at it in frustration. “Hey, come here.” I said, opening my arms for him.
He ran into them gratefully and buried his head in my neck. He started to sob and my heart shattered. “It’s okay. I’m here.” I hated seeing him like this. He didn’t know but I’ve been in love with him for years. He calmed down a bit and pulled away, wiping his eyes and sniffling. “Here. Come inside.” I pulled him gently to the couch. We sat and he looked at his hands. “She meant a lot to me.” I frowned at his words. He was seriously heartbroken.
“I wanted to surprise her with flowers so I showed up to her house without telling her. I walk in and there she was, bent over the counter with another man.” He says softly. “I’m sorry Noah.” He shrugs. “She obviously didn’t realize how amazing you are. She didn’t realize how lucky she really was to have you.” I say, grabbing his hand. ”Thank you Y/N. That means a lot. This is why you’re my best friend.” He says. I try not to let ,my reassuring smile slip. A best friend. That was all I was ever going to be to him. Nothing more…
Whatever he read in her expression made his shoulders sag. he smiled ruefully. “Thank you for warning me. You could have opted to say nothing.
“You were the only one who bothered to take me seriously,” she said, smiling with the warmth she meant. “I’m surprised you even believe me.”
“Do me a favor, Celaena,” Nox said. The sound of her name startled her. He brought his mouth close to her ear. “Rip cain’s head off,” he whispered with a wicked grin.
Nox left early that night, slipping out of the castle without a single word to anyone.
I’ve been fascinated with her since I was about 5 years old. For a young, curious girl there was something captivating about a woman whose charisma and intelligence managed to change the course of history in a time when women were still supposed to be demure second class citizens. I’ve also always been particularly interested in women who were made out to be villains and manipulated in to being scapegoats for the faults of their husbands or male counterparts: Marie Antoinette, Lady Jane Grey, Anne, Cleopatra. I even did a dissertation at secondary school on Livia Drusilla, Emperor Augustus’ wife, who was portrayed as a murderous, social climbing psychopath.
She was fiercely intelligent and not afraid of showing it. She was known to be quick witted and highly accomplished for her day. In other words, she won people over with more than just her sexuality.
She could have let herself be a pawn but instead she took the situation her father had created- pushing her to be a mistress to the king- and turned it in to something she was happy with. Basically she refused to let herself be manipulated because she was a woman.
She wouldn’t sleep with Henry until he was committed to making her his wife. Not only does it take a hell of a lot of guts to turn down the most powerful man in the country for years but it also flies in the face of this image of her being a homewrecker. She wouldn’t be his mistress, despite all of the accusations of her being a “slut.”
She was a dedicated reformer. It’s possible that she promoted the reformation because it promoted her position, but nonetheless she was a passionate believer in reforming the church and making religion more accessible.
She did a lot for poor and vulnerable people. Much like Marie Antoinette, her charitable work and her dedication to helping people is all but ignored in favour of the more scandalous parts of her life. For example, she had a big fight with Cromwell because, after the seizing of the church’s assests, Anne wanted the money to go to charity whereas Cromwell wanted it for himself and the King.
She was highly influential over Henry’s choices and was a brilliant politician. To some that might seem like a bad thing, but I personally think it’s bad ass that her intelligence and ambition meant she was taken seriously as a decision maker and she was instrumental in a lot of agreements, like the alliance with France
She had no issue telling Henry he was wrong, which was dangerous for a wife. They argued quite a bit but she was astute.
She was a devoted mother. In that time, women maintained a certain amount of distance from childrearing and Anne was unusually involved in Elizabeth’s life.
She was hated by a hell of a lot of people, watched her brother and friends be executed and was accused of things like incest and witchcraft, but she maintained her dignity above everything. She had an enormous amount of strength
I think this quote from Eric Ives, a historian, sums it up for me:
“A woman in her own right—taken on her own terms in a man’s world; a woman who mobilised her education, her style and her presence to outweigh the disadvantages of her sex; of only moderate good looks, but taking a court and a king by storm. Perhaps, in the end, it is Thomas Cromwell’s assessment that comes nearest: intelligence, spirit and courage.”
Request from @modified-wonderland:
Hey! I’m not sure if you’ll like this idea, but how about a situation where the reader is trying to steal from Killian’s ship. He catches her only to find out the item she was trying to steal was to locate/kill someone who hurt her: Killian’s sworn enemy, Rumplestiltskin.
Note: Hope you enjoy! <3
Killian Jones x Reader x Rumpelstiltskin
Disclaimer: None of the GIFs used are mine. All credit goes to their creators <3
It was here
somewhere, it had to be, there was no way you were going to risk your life
raiding a pirate ship only to find nothing. You knew that the whole crew of
this ship were currently drowning themselves in ale in a tavern close-by so
they weren’t going to be back anytime soon which meant you could search every
single crook and cranny that could possibly hide the item you were looking for.
“What you seek is a gem. Its beauty
will draw you in but a warning to you my dear…it is dangerous. The magic held
within it is enough to bring the Dark One himself down so use it carefully.”
You had gone to see the ‘village
crazy’ because you had just about reached rock bottom and the old woman seemed
to be the only option you had left. Although she was unable to see physical
things around her due to the injury she sustained after being caught up in one
of the fires the Evil Queen had started in the village she was able to see a
whole lot more than the average person.
She had a strong connection with the
spiritual world and there had also been rumours that she could see into the
future too. So you would take each and every word she said to you seriously….if
it meant you could finally get your revenge.
“You will find it hidden in the heart
of a ship that holds a skull and crossbones and bears the name ‘Jolly
Roger’….lay your eyes upon that ship and you will find what you desire.”