Pregnancy headcanons for Kiyoko, Yachi and Saeko please?
Okay soooo since Admin Emma over at @hq-cuties-pls has officially announced her pregnancy I feel like I can properly answer this now since I’m using her experience heavily as a reference - Admin Dad
- One of those women that has the legendary female empowerment pregnancy (like Beyonce). She has that stereotypical pregnant “glow.”
- Never complains about her nausea or back pain, because even though she’s a glowing fertility goddess that first trimester is still rough
- She mostly suffers from exhaustion and can accidentally fall asleep whenever she’s sitting for prolonged periods of time. She took an accidental trip up the coast due to konking out on the bus one day.
- As mild and ideal as her pregnancy was, labor comes hard and when she’s alone. Kiyoko will fight through the pain and get herself to the hospital with enough time to spare like the boss she is. But once she’s in that hospital bed all bets are off and the screaming can begin.
- After labor when she’s holding her baby she’ll laugh and kiss them musing how the whole experience wasn’t so bad in the end.
- The exact opposite of Kiyoko when it comes to complaining. Her boobs are itching and you’re gonna know about it.
- Her already large breasts are going to grow beyond her control. By the end of her pregnancy she’s wearing makeshift cloth bras from cut oversized t-shirts, and she doesn’t give a single fuck if her boobs pop out.
- Her hormones are completely out of control. Not only is forgetful pregnancy brain running rampant, not only is she crying at the drop of a hat, but her sex drive is through the roof.
- Saeko definitely goes through an existential crisis when it sinks in that she’s going to be a mom. At one point in the third trimester she tries to leave, just leave and quit. But when the baby comes all her worry disappears
- Immediately after giving birth Saeko has her s/o bring her sushi. And after baby eats for the first time and they’re back from the hospital, she’s definitely cracking open a beer.
- Poor Yachi is nearly inconsolable when she finds out she’s pregnant–because she’s a nervous wreck. She’s convinced that vending machine coffee drink she had four days before she took the test has irreparably damaged the embryo and she needs to be talked down
- Yachi is the most adherent to the rules of pregnancy books and guidelines and follows them to a T. Even if she has an unbelievable craving for just a spoonful of cookie dough, she’ll take the tears over risking any complications
- She’s also horrified at first when she has the unusual (or really, less advertised) side effects of pregnancy, like excess saliva production and a metallic taste in her mouth. After a minor freak out and intense research session, she finally calms down.
- She doesn’t gain much weight anywhere on her body aside from her stomach, making her look like a child who stuffed a watermelon up their shirt.
- Late third trimester Yachi turns feisty and occasionally downright mean, and everyone is terrified of her during labor. Yachi falls head over heels in love with her baby and the two take a little hospital nap together.