1. When she’s going from the top of a building to the ground floor, she never takes the stairs, or the elevator. No, she jumps, and lands with a MASSIVE smile on her face.
2. Will occasionally use her lasso to swing from things and pretend to be Batman.
3. Switches languages mid-sentence whenever she’s talking to Billy, just to see if he can keep up. He always can.
4. Whenever a group of children starts playing near her, she automatically and without fail joins the game. Parents have stories of the time they met Wonder Woman patiently listening to their children explain the rules of freeze tag.
5. Is well aware that she is the only woman that Hal Jordan finds too intimidating to flirt with, so she aggressively flirts with him instead just to watch him get flustered.
6. Worst puns in the Justice League. In 600 languages.
7. Makes frequent “when I was your age” jokes that refer to ancient historical events that she could not possibly have been there for.
8. Curates multiple fandom blogs on subjects as diverse as Greek tragedy, Star Wars, anime, and board games. Spends her monitor duty updating those blogs instead of working because “Athena will tell me if anything happens.”
9. Anytime a mythological figure is mentioned, no matter from what mythology or whether they’re real or not, responds, “oh yeah, they owe me money.”
10. Keeps stealing Bruce’s planes, because they all have cloaking technology that renders them near-invisible and she claims she “couldn’t tell the difference.”
I’m going to be collaborating with @chromapulse on some of these from now on, so if you’re enjoying this you should watch their blog too.
Shazam!, the story about a boy-turned-Earth’s mightiest mortal, looks to be the next DC Cinematic Universe movie that will go before cameras, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.
David Sandberg, the filmmaker behind upcoming Annabelle: Creation, is directing the feature project that hails from Warner Bros.’s sister division, New Line. The project is looking to go before cameras in January or February 2018 with a likely release in 2019, according to sources.
Peter Safran, who worked with Sandberg on the Annabelle sequel and is also producing Aquaman, is in negotiations to board Shazam! as producer.
It is unclear whether Dwayne Johnson, who has long been attached to play Shazam! villain Black Adam, will be involved with Shazam! but he is attached as star and producer of the Black Adam spinoff that is being developed concurrently to Shazam!
Warner is feeing revived in its DCU with the stunning success of Wonder Woman and earlier this week slotted two DC movies in the release calendar for 2020. It has several movies teeing up on the runway but at this stage, Shazam! will take off first. Flash was delayed due to it lacking a director while a sequel to Wonder Woman is only in the early treatment writing stage. Joss Whedon is overseeing post-production and re-shoots on Justice Leagueand won’t be ready to tackle a Batgirl film until after that movie is out the door. A sequel to Suicide Squad, which is closing in a on a director, is eyeing a mid-2018 start.