Am I the only one pissed off that it’s 10 EPISODES and we are getting nothing! Dealing with some irrelevant ass little girl, taking up the time they could be using to figure out who the FUCK A.D is ….now we only have 8 left. Marlene is killing me.
So, all these years—the liars HAD NOTHING to deserve these threats…like yes, I genuinely thought after the CeCe reveal A.D. Would be someone we already knew from before—and was there from the beginning..bitch; I HAVE EVERY RIGHT to be pissed at Marlene…and with all bullshit everyone saying “you’ll be satisfied” no, I’M NOT. Aria, Emily and Hanna aren’t connected basically. No REASON for them to go through hell. Basically ‘that night’ is a fucking waste. And Marlene fuck off with your freaking spin-off. Only reason had me continuing to watch was Troian’s acting.
- Altaïr really hates the cold. ‘Cold’ is in this case any temperature below 30 degrees Celsius. He always forgets to pack extra blankets and extra warm clothes when travelling. Maria thinks it’s adorable. She always ends up bringing extra blankets “just in case”, but never uses them because she doesn’t mind the 'cold’.
- Ezio is bisexual. Not 50/50, I think, but more like 75% women and 25% men. There was definitely some attraction between him and Leonardo. Also, Ezio stayed with Leonardo when he was in Florence/Venice (in ACII). Leonardo would make sure that he ate and slept properly.
- Edward sings along with his crew, but he doesn’t know all the lyrics, so sometimes he’s just like “la la la”. Adewale doesn’t really know what to think of it.
- Haytham likes philosophy, especially the Stoics, but completely fails at being stoic (in the original sense of the word).
- Shay is afraid of heights after nearly dying by falling off that cliff. Viewpoints and such are alright, but he’s not going to jump off them. He climbs down.
- Aveline and Élise (Lafleur, not Élise de la Serre) became best friends, calling each other “ma petite amie”, which translates to “my girlfriend”. I don’t know whether they become a thing romantically but they call each other this.
- Connor’s really good at cooking. Ideally, he gathers the ingredients by himself, but he often has to ask people at the homestead for supplies if he didn’t have the time. Also, big group meals at the manor for Connor’s new family.
- When he was a child, Arno used to climb everything, driving everyone (such as that stupid butler) completely insane. Élise often joined him and dared him to climb things that were nearly impossible to climb. Arno always tried and often succeeded. This is how he got so good at climbing.
- Jacob and Evie sometimes try to dress up as each other. When they do so, they parody each other. For instance, “oh I’m Evie Frye let me sit still and look at this boring book all day!” “Oh I’m Jacob Frye I’ll ruin the entire British economy in five seconds!” The first time, Henry had no idea what they were doing.
- Desmond, Lucy, Shaun and Rebecca were intending to have a party for the four of them, once they had the time. Then Lucy died and Desmond ended up in a coma. Rebecca suspected that there wasn’t going to be a happy end anymore, but Shaun kept hoping. When Desmond woke up, they initially thought that Shaun had been right.
Emily is characterized as a young talented athlete with a promising future in swimming all the while questioning her sexuality who turned into a confident strong woman who sometimes faces slumps but bounces back and trusts her heart. Always the loyal one. In this season we see her begin to question followed by confirming her sexuality and being more confident in it. I’ll always be an Emaya fan, got to respect a first love with so much chemistry. Although I did feel in the beginning that Maya sort of pressured her into coming out at certain points, I feel like when that moment came it was great. I’m glad she told her dad first, I love how she always had the daddy’s little girl dynamic. Even though Pam is my favorite PLL mom, I was irked when she didn’t initially accept her daughter but I was like yaaaas when she stood up for her against Paige’s dad. Which brings me to Paige in the first Paily encounter. I’ve disliked Paige from the beginning I can’t like someone who attempts to drown someone I like so much. Emily I’ll chalk that little fling to being young and naive. Worst season for Emily fashion wise but character wise, fantastic.
Emily decided to give Samara a chance which I think would have been a good relationship had it not been for A ruining things prematurely. ANYWHO, how creeptastic was the fashion show. Other than that, A really worked hard to not only keep her in Rosewood, but ruin her future as well. I’ve said from the beginning that Emily and Hanna get physically hurt worse, hate it or love it its my opinion and thats how I feel(Ali excluded, only speaking of the core four). Once Emily got the all clear from her mother to stay in Rosewood, A decides to replace her muscle rub with HGH leading to an ulcer. That was wild. Bravo for Maya coming back, I think they would still be together had she not got killed. I’m glad that at the end of the day they knew how they felt about each other, regardless of the tragedy that would soon follow, more cool dad points for Wayne Fields for helping her search when Maya went missing. Again I hate that at a point in this season the parents took Dr. Sullivan’s crap advice and made them split up for a short time but all the girls played up a great set up to catch A. Granted, once again, Emily was physically harmed. Then the whole almost died due to being locked in the barn thing, if it wasn’t for Ali she would’ve been done-zo at 16. Mona was def off her rocker at that point.
The summer they spent apart doing their own thing seemed to work the least in her favor, due to her not knowing how to grieve properly. I find it odd that the new A came for her first by the whole drugging and placing her at Ali’s grave. This is the season where Paily officially kicked off and although I’m not a fan, they had their share of good moments. When Nate came to town I knew something was fishy. I still to this day don’t know why Maya’s family didn’t give her information about funeral arrangements etc considering they were together but I digress. I wasn’t entirely surprised when he came unhinged and almost killed her but damn “the lady killer” episode was one of my favorite summer finales.
Only thing that really happened to her individually was her taking her mom’s pills and ‘’someone’’ calling social services. Emision had a nice little reunion though. Mama Fields struggled by almost getting ran over in her own living room, it broke my heart watching her break down in the hotel.
I knew she’d be too quick to welcome Alison back and then she was lashing out at everyone else who thought otherwise. Then Ali started disappointing her and then she started accusing her of being A. I feel like most of this season everything she did was Ali related. Paige punked out and left. Then when Ali was found innocent via the liars, she felt like she owed her an apology. I think Ali could chop her arm off and shed still forgive her.
Once out of the dollhouse, she fell right back into the whole dating anyone who walks past her by starting something with Sara Harvey, even though she was a complete stranger that you invite to live with you. I think she should’ve focused less on helping her and more on helping the other girls then she wouldn’t have felt so blindsided by Cece revealing that Sara was red coat(she deserved to be hit btw). Five years forward she comes out the least successful with practically nothing going for herself and the worst of it all is that Wayne Fields is dead. Out of all the PLL dad and they kill Emily’s dad, not Hanna’s piece of shit dad who doesn’t support her or Byron who cheats but somehow manages to divorce and get his wife back or Peter who has secret kids, they kill WAYNE. damn them. I wasn’t going to touch on the whole eggs thing because I knew AD would find a way to f that up. If my eggs were destroyed I’d have plenty more things to say.
I dont hate the whole Sabrina thing and if Emison wasn’t endgame I’d want them to work it out. I don’t know why she feels so compelled to let Paige know everything but whatevs. Although it’s kind of rude of me to say but I’m glad she hit Noel when he was coming at her and Hanna, even though he ended up falling and getting his head chopped off. Emily is once again there for Ali, and regardless of if the baby is Emily’s, I have the sneaking suspicion that she’s going to help her raise the baby.
Fave moments so far:
Her coming out
“You don’t have a monopoly on pain, Spencer”
“So Meredith is our alibi? see you in jail”
When she found out about her dad’s heart condition after he saved her at the school.
Her showdown with Sydney
Season 4 when her highlights were poppin’
What I want for her in the final 10 episodes:
Her to finally be happy with one person as opposed to bouncing from girl to girl, how emission evolves, the aftermath of AD and the liars friendship afterwards.
I love the contrast between these two moments, lol. Hunk and Shay look so cozy despite the less-than-ideal circumstances, whereas Keith and Allura are both just like “WTF just happened.” :-P
(Please do not turn this into some kind of ship debate in the comments: That’s not what this post is about and I’m honestly not interested in seeing it. I think both are good moments in different ways.)
next thing to discuss, alison lauren dilaurentis. in lamest terms, the woman who bounces back from everything, the strongest woman emily catherine fields knows. this scene, was so secretly beautiful. immediately we’re tossed into random banter between the two women and alison is so genuinely happy in this moment it’s child-like and you can physically see how happy, giddy, emotional this was to her. you can hear it with the flirtatious sound of “I thought he was a.d.” we are literally shown the moment alison decides, with pure relief and within herself, that she not only loves emily but that it was time to let her know.
what I love is how this time it wasn’t so heavily emotional, like we saw with her mini confession to paige. alison’s moment of telling the woman she loves how she felt, was so positive and, free nothing less. alison dilaurentis had the strength to do one of the hardest things, to let her guard down and just let herself feel something good again. alison has lost so much, the most she’s ever felt is angst, pain, grief, guilt. with emily, she gets to experience happiness and genuine love. this relationship is so beautiful. in the way they protect, compromise, and push.
sasha’s acting was so beautifully done. the small smile when she sees she caught emily off guard with her “I love you.” you can see her change into a little appropriate cockiness when she gives a small knowing smirk and sets the teddy aside, her “you told me not to do this until I was ready ”, the breath of pure relief when she gets to look at her love, finally being able to say those words aloud, likely felt like freedom. her gentle yet unspoken “oh, darling” that she only says with her subtlesmile before she verbally says “this” and gets to kiss her. that freedom, of just loving and being, is so unbelievably beautiful.
and alison lauren dilaurentis radiates beauty, when she finally lets herself be free.