Heya guys, I’m tired and have just learnt a hard lesson on how to fail at composition. I hope you guys like this none the less. I’m very fond of Lance (Lance and Pidge). I wanna draw more of them. I hope those of you that have holidays this weekend enjoy them. In other news I’m still in New Zealand and I think I like this country a lot.
Please credit with @crossroad_c_pettigrew in the description if you repost on instagram.
Lance Analysis: sneaky boy values stealth and the element of surprise
ok, i’mma be frank. i have no idea where i’m going with this post, i just wanna talk about an interesting thing i’ve recently noticed with Lance’s character. this is probably gonna be a bit disorganized so i apologize but yeah.
Shush Lance, eat ur cookie, Hunks gonna save ur arse. Just experimenting with how to better compose a single comic panel and messing with a new style of speech bubbles. Please credit with @crossroad_c_pettigrew in the description if you repost on instagram.
- cue insecure Lance. You know that original story of the little mermaid where each step she took was like a thousand pinpricks of sharp needles on her feet, and she danced and danced all night long, ignoring the pain because she was dancing with her prince, and to turn herself into sea foam instead of killing her prince in exchange for her tail back? Yeah, that was totally Lance.
- he jokes around, making everybody laugh, annoys the hell out of Pidge and Keith… he becomes the Lance that the team needed. Not a sharp shooter. Not a capable fighter. Not a strategist. Not a good pilot. Not a person destined to be a defender of the universe. No, Lance became the jester. He became the person that changes the atmosphere when it was too serious or overbearing through ridicule and self deprication hidden beneath a clown mask.
- he convinced himself that that was his role to play and he was good at it. ‘Smile, Lance. The team needs an emotional punching bag and you got the short straw so suck it up.’ He says to himself when they’re in the common room and everyone paired up: Keith and Shiro all curled up in the sofa, whispering things to each other only they can hear; Hunk and Pidge huddled up in one corner tinkering and discussing robotics and the necessary code needed to make the thing work; Allura and Coran discussing diplomatic and trade advantages of the planet they will be visiting. And where was Lance, you ask? He was there, standing in one corner of the room wondering where he’ll sit. Just like high school all over again, oh where should the foreign student sit? The couple’s table? The nerd table? The class president’s table?
- They were about to land on the planet’s surface when they saw hundreds upon hundreds of Galra ships already waiting for them.
- They couldn’t form Voltron so close to the planet’s atmosphere for there may be collateral damage. So the Lions tried to lure the Galra ships away from the planet but it didn’t work. The Galra won this fight, thought Lance as he tried to clear an escape for the other paladins.
- But Shiro didn’t give up. He fought and he fought until he was surrounded by Galran forces. Shiro was caught and Keith screamed as his heart broke into a million pieces.
-Lance was the one who brought back the Black Lion but was unsuccessful to retrieve Shiro.
- The team was a mess, and Lance was there to take the punches. They blamed him for not fighting hard enough, for not making a clear exit for them, for not bringing Shiro back, for not taking the mission seriously… he took it all in.
- But despite everything, Lance was there to comfort his friends. He helped Pidge in completing her prototype, helped Hunk figure out the mechanics of Pidge’s invention, helped Coran in the castle’s maintenance, helped Allura broaden her search parameters, and lastly helped Keith mend his broken heart.
- He felt sick taking advantage of an emotionally vulnerable Keith but he was emotionally beaten too. Keith sought Lance’s humor to take some of the pain away and Lance was happy to oblige.
- Small touches turned to hugs and cuddles. Pecks on the cheeks turned to hot make out sessions, and eventually turned to sex. Lance indulged himself to enjoy these moments with Keith despite the Little Mermaid in him.
- But it didn’t las long.
- One night, after they cleaned up, Keith refused Lance to cuddle him. They sat on opposite sides of the bed and Keith decided to stop whatever they were doing. That Keith’s conscience can’t take it anymore, that he still firmly loved Shiro, and that he thought Lance could take Shiro’s place. He confessed that he sometimes- if not all the time- imagined Lance as Shiro and that he couldn’t so it anymore.
- To be honest, Lance already expected this but he didn’t know that it would hurt this bad. He allowed himself to feel love and gave love more than he should. He should know by now that it would bite him in the ass someday…
-Lance’s heart was beyond repair, so broken that the jagged little pieces no longer fit. He failed in making a clear exit, he failed as a Paladin, and he failed to make Keith happy.
- Lance snuck out that night, grabbing rations from the kitchen and said goodbye to Blue before buckling himself down in one of the fighter jets in the hangar.
- When they woke up the next day, Lance was gone. They checked the cameras and saw Lance take off into the night.
- They were now searching for two paladins of Voltron. They later found out what Lance did to the team’s dynamic, that without him the room is just cold and lonely…
- Days turned to weeks, turned to months, and still no Lance or Shiro.
- it was on day 253 when one beat up space ship crash landed on the castle’s hangar and there emerged Lance…
- he was bleeding profusely on one leg, limping as he shouldered most of Shiro’s weight who was equally as wounded. They were both battered and bruised, all violet, blue and broken bones. It was no mystery that Keith was the first one on the hangar, the first to rush towards them… and it was definitely not a mystery that Keith rushed to Shiro’s side.
- They were escorted back to the castle, but between the crying and the worrying, Lance was able to stealthily slip out of their grasps and limped his way to another fighter jet.
- when they were back in the castle ship, they noticed that Lance wasn’t there. They looked and looked and then realized that Lance flew a fighter het alone, heavily injured, and they have no clue as to why.
- Little do they know that he was captured by the Galra too… that after months of torture and illusions, Lance finally made a deal with Haggar: to let him deliver Shiro to the castle ship and in exchange, take Shiro’s place as their prisoner. Lance thought that it was a good idea for his friends needed Shiro. They needed a leader not a jester.
whew… i was feeling a little down and needed an outlet. Sorry for the Langst?
So I was waking up today ready for another day in the voltron fandom and planning all my lance au’s and then…BAM! 7 deadly sins AU?! This is how I think it would go.
What do you guys think? This is my OPINION please do not hate
I don’t know what happened. I was drawing an older hybrid Keith in a hybrid uniform and then older Lance turned up and there was a pair of Space Cowboys. *Shrug*. Please credit with a @crossroad_c_pettigrew in the description if u repost on instagram. Haven’t been producing as much art lately as I’ve been organising things for Comic Con. However once that’s all set I can really climb into some ideas I want to sketch out.
Unpopular opinion: I really don’t want Lotor to be manipulative towards Lance
I want a Lotor who falls for Lance and recognises Lance’s abilities as a pilot and a sharp shooter. I want Lotor to help Lance with his insecurities, and in return I want Lance to open Lotor’s eyes. I want the two of them supporting each other, I don’t want any of that “manipulating the weakest link” stuff. No, I want them to be as healthy as possible in any situation even if theoretical.
I want Lotor and Lance to get along despite differences. Seeing their personalities clash or connect would be amazing to me but only if it’s healthy.
Do I think this will ever be cannon? No. But if Lancelot ever IS cannon I kinda hope this is how it plays out.
My dice hate me and my friends try to comfort me about it
Context: So we were fighting a group of 4 skeletons and 2 zombies and my character is a Tiefling ranger who is supposed to be a sharp shooter with her longbow and a super good fighter in general. As we were level 2 I picked the archery fighting style so I get a +2 on attack rolls with ranged weapons. We also had just fought 3 imps where I missed every single shot…
DM: So, what are you gonna do?
Me: I’m gonna shoot that skeleton with my longbow (rolls a really low roll) FUCK I MISS AGAIN
DM: *giggling* yup you miss
*skeletons move within close range and slaughter my pet bear*
Me (on my turn): RIGHT I scream ‘NOOOOO’ like they do in films, I whip out my two short-swords and attack the skeletons in a mad frenzy (I roll low again on one but relatively high on the other) *sighs*
DM: In your fury you miss with one but hit with the other. Roll damage.
Me: (rolls low for damage) *mutters* what is happening?
*after the fight has ended; my friends manage to kill all of the monsters. Our dragonborn sorcerer somehow managed to hit me with his firebreath but I said it was okay because I’m a Tiefling so I have fire resistance*
Me: I sit on the ground, heavily depressed and pissed off, and begin to sob loudly about how much of a failure I am, with tears streaking down my face
High-elf Cleric: I go over to Beefling (me) and give her a hug, saying “It’s okay my child, we all make mistakes”
Me: I glare angrily at Al, appreciating his attempt to comfort me but as I’m antisocial af I hate the hug. (OOC) you know Tieflings have like blank eyes right?
High-elf Cleric (OOC): …no? They do? Like…no pupils or anything?
Me (OOC): Yah, and my character has like white/silver eyes
High-elf Cleric (OOC): shit that’s freaky. (IC) I quickly stop hugging Beefling and step away quickly, scared by her freaky-ass eyes
Half-elf Rogue: I tentatively give Beefling a comforting pat on the shoulder, keeping my distance
I am back. Here’s a merLance (based of the Voltron merfolk) been what I’m guessing is probably the queen most distracted guard ( also that armour is useless). I may do more like this for ’#MerMay’ Still struggling with my colour but i’m working on it. If there is a mistake then I don’t wanna hear about it 😓. For those of you that followed the progress of this peice in the ‘story’ posts, what did u think of that? Should I do it more often? As you may have noticed I’m back from comic con and for the next 11 days you have my attention and then I go to New Zealand to meet family. So in that time I’ll be drawing my arse off and trying to finish 2 mini comics for you while keeping up with my post every 2 days rule. For those of you that came to see me at comic con thank you so much, it was a pleasure to chat with all of u and Big Cheers for the support, hopefully I’ll see a few of you again at SupaNova.
If you’d like to repost then please credit with @crossroad_c_pettigrew in the description.