HELLO! ITS HAYLEY HERE AND ITS TIME I TOLD YALL ABOUT WHY THIS 2 AND HALF MINUTE SONG PORTRAYS LOVE SO FUCKING PURELY AND SO ADORABLE. SO FOR STOP THE WORLD LEE AND SHARON ARE ON CHAIRS SIMULATING THE DOVER FAULT AND LEE TAKES AN ACTUAL PICTURE OF HER (there’s a tweet somewhere stating this) AND THE LIGHTS CHANGE AND ITS SO FUCKING COOL. SHE STANDS STILL WHILE HE SINGS IMITATING A PICTURE AND ITS SO CUTE. AND HE LOOKS AT HER AND ITS SO PURE AND GOOD. HE THEN FREEZES AND SHE STARTS SINGING AND SHARON’S ACTING GIVES ME LIFE GOD DAMN. AND THE TURNTABLE STARTS AND THEIR ON CHAIRS AND THE REST OF THE CAST LOOKS AT THEM WITH SWEET LOVE AND DEVOTION, TOUCHING MY EMOTIONS. AND HE LOOKS AT HER AND THEN SHE CATCHES HIM LOOKING AT HER DURING THAT ONE BIT OF MUSIC BEFORE THE LAST STOP THE WORLD. AND THE MUSIC IS SO SOFT AND SIMPLE AND IT MAKES YOU WANNA SLOW DANCE AND HOLY SHIT I JUST REALLY LIKE THIS SONG OKAY???
anyone who has spent five seconds around me:
yes, you love Come From Away, i know, you love Come From Away so much, it's the light of your life, you love it so much, you just love Come From Away, i KNOW, you love Come From Away you fucking love Come From Away ok I know, I get it, YOU LOVE COME FROM AWAY. I GET IT.
I just finished listening to the Come From Away obc recording and hoo boy I was SOBBING by the end. I loved it so much, it was so powerful and beautiful and the whole cast is amaing.
Jenn Colella singing Me and the Sky hit me so hard, and the whole ensemble singing Something’s Missing had me in tears. The folk music vibes were just amazing. There aren’t enough words to express how much I adored it and I so wish I could see it live
• was bullied for being overweight
• didn’t get cast for SOM because she was overweight. (SHE WAS BETTER THAN KNOBBY KNEES GOD DAMNIT)
• got sexually assaulted by her crazy uncle. (She was hugged for longer than normal)
• had shit grades then turned them the fuck around
• wanted to be a nun
• thought she could only be an opera singer because of her weight
• she was the best manipulator when she was younger.
• when she got a romantic lead, she thought they were joking.
• she kept outing gay guys, earning her the nickname “the keeper of the keys” in college
• Petrina gave someone a vaccine shot and Sharon’s response was basically “Have you ever done that before???? Did you practice on anything?????”
• “right here on 45th- 45th? 45th street”
• she thought she couldn’t be Jennyanydots in Cats because she was too fat and she couldn’t dance.
• she closed cats.
• Her and Martha are so adorable holy shit
• Her and Diane have the best friendship
• she’s prettyyyyyyy
• Her kids are the best^tm
• she wrote for KRISTEN CHENOWETH
• She was in Avenue Q
• Only actress to appear in Cats, Phantom and Les Mis.
• WE NEED WRAP HER IN BUBBLE WRAP OKAY?
• IF YOU WANT MORE READ HER BOOK “TILL THE FAT GIRL SINGS”
(Y'all can add stuff I’m just at school and don’t have the book on me.)
me: *takes a deep breath* me: I lo- anyone who has spent five seconds around me: yes, you love Sharon Wheatley, i know, you love Sharon Wheatley so much, shes the light of your life, you love her so much, you just love Sharon Wheatley, i KNOW, you love Sharon Wheatley you fucking love Sharon Wheatley ok I know, I get it, YOU LOVE SHARON WHEATLEY. I GET IT.
So I’m creating a pick-me-up book for the Come from Away cast! Basically, if they messed up on a scene/song or if they’re just having a bad day, they can grab the book and look at all the things we the fans love about said song/scene or cast member. But, I can only think of so much for each song/scene or cast member. I was wondering if you guys could maybe send me some things that you love about Come from Away? Please DM me and don’t hesitate to reblog! I’ll be hopefully delivering this in March 2018, so no rush!