Then Vs. Now
Things I didn’t know back then, but I do now:
- To draw hair is not to draw all the different strands of hair. Hair is ONE entity, to be drawn as one shape.
- If you don’t get the proportions in your basic drawing right, no matter what you do, your final output is going to be awful (see left.)
- Smudge sticks are your best friend, USE THEM MORE THAN YOU USE PENCILS!
- Cheeks have shapes too.
- Draw shadows, not objects.
- Use the darkest, softest pencil you can get your hands on.
- 70 GSM printer paper DOES NOT last.
- Use a camera which doesn’t add a red coloured time stamp to the picture.
Hopefully, I’ll keep learning more :)