TELL US MORE ABOUT THE BONE MAN
OH MAN HERE COME DEM BONES
1. Before being cursed with undeath, Bagga was on the fast track to becoming a pretty awesome Bard. With his older brother shouldering the responsibility of eventually leading the Lyon family and the House of Redmane, he was allowed to explore his passions in the scholarly and artistic pursuits. Since he died, he’s been reluctant to return to his old passion but some days he’ll admire a well made violin in the window of a shop. He plays the strings like an angel and has one hell of a voice. Total theater nerd.
2. His actual name is Atwell Kastores Lyon. His titles include Lord of the House of Redmane, Second Born of the Lyon, Favored Soul of Tamara, Giant Slayer, and Deputy of Bryn Shander. He took the name Bagga when his older brother started calling him a ‘Bag a’ Bones’ and the nickname stuck.
3. On the subject of names, the skelly man has a lot of aliases that he uses since being an undead is a big no-no. While he’s disguised he normally goes by Bagga but he’s got a lot of nicknames that he’ll answer to including- Stretch, Slim, Rook, Atlas, Shudder, Poe, and Grin. If he has to sign paperwork of any kind he’ll mix them up for a full name.
4. Bagga fucking loves horses. Horeback riding was one of his favorite things when he lived back on the family estate. Nowadays most animals can sense the death around him and are pretty averse to letting him get close. This makes him very sad. He just wants to pet the soft horsey noses and give them carrots.
5. Bagga is actually a huge damn goofball despite how reserved his paranoia of being discovered has made him. If he ever makes a close friend who is comfortable knowing what he is, he’d probably let loose with all of the skeleton weirdness that he can do because honestly though some of it is pretty fun. He’d let you wear his lower jaw like a tiara.
6. He’s basically trained himself to be touch averse since if anyone passed through the illusions he has on himself, they’d easily be able to figure out that he’s not much more than bones and fancy clothes. This doesn’t mean he doesn’t like to be touched, but it’s more instinctual for him to flinch away, even when he’s actively going in for a hug with a friend or to shake a trusted someone’s hand.
7. Bagga has found that one of his favorite things to do now is to wade into beaches or rivers and spend some time exploring the bottom. He doesn’t need to breathe at all and he’s accustomed to seeing in the dark. It’s like a whole new world down there and he’s always interested in the things he finds.
8. Since undead can’t sleep, Bagga has found himself with a ton of free time. He has a collection of books that he keeps in his bag of holding to keep himself occupied in the midnight hours. He’s also been working on cataloging the things he finds on his travels (and underwater) into a field guide, as well as keeping extensive journal entries. He likes the idea of one day publishing them in hopes that it might help him be accepted as he is.
9. Bagga operates under the motto that if he can help, then he should. He’s had everything pretty much taken from him since he went from a respected and well off noble family to being regarded as a monster and so he knows what it’s like to struggle. He’ll buy the homeless new clothes and dip into his coinpurse or offer to help a family around their property if he overhears that someone in the family is ill. He realizes that he’s practically immortal and doesn’t need the things to live that most do and he figures that if time is money then he’s the richest man in the world and lending some of it won’t hurt.
10. As much as he loves the idea of just settling down somewhere in peace, he can’t help himself. Gentle a soul as he might be, the pull of adventure is always in the back of his mind. He’s not a stranger to killing, especially when the opponents are wicked, and will fell an evil foe without remorse and sometimes a bit of satisfaction for a job well done. He’ll avoid violence when he can, but he’s a warrior at heart and sometimes that’s just how things work.