So, first of all, HYPE. Although I never stopped being Hyped but. MORE HYPE. Before I start talking at all about the teaser trailer, I gotta say, I’m glad WP are taking their time refining and bug-fixing to make a great game for us to enjoy, and knowing how far along it is and how close the release date might be, we’ll wait to see how it comes out!
Okay so the teaser, first we start with what seems like Joey peeping into the attic of the house through a hole. That already makes me feel we’ll get the little tease of knowing where to go but forbidding us from seeing what’s behind the cool curtain until we find the key that opens the door there.
There are a LOT of guns, some sarcophagus, tons of horse imagery, statues in the background, mirrors, Jake sure loves tossing stuff he finds during his adventures around the house! The multitude of items frame the centerpiece of the portal quite well, and the eerie glow gives-
Okay, wait, what the FUCK JAKE.
DO YOU SEE WHAT I’M SEEING?
WHERE THE HELL DID JAKE GET THE CLOCK?!
We start /well/ if this is the kind of shenanigans Hiveswap has prepared for us, oh my god. This means that by this point in the timeline, Jake had access to SBURB stuff, though, so that’s an interesting thing to have in mind.
The camera zooms on the portal, and then Joey appears, reaching over to expose it, before cutting to the title. Hiveswap.
Can I say, I’m really glad about the direction they took with the 2D stuff. Everything looks so good, Joey’s expressions and movement are so sweet. I love her already.
The next scene cuts to Jude using a flare gun (Which we see later in his inventory) likely to warn Joey or to use it as a distraction somewhere else? The pile of leaves right under the window makes me think he’ll have to hop right off the window and into it in the future. There’s also a fountain on the wall that looks like a Lich, further confirming Jake’s already gone hunting to the Medium by this point. Also, the sky, the clouds, the background, looks absolutely GORGEOUS.
Then the flare lands in front of the house, and here we can see a few things. First of all, the statue. Of course. And also, I bet Jude cut the bushes to look like Nessie because he’s a cryptid fan. However, there’s a thing I just realised. I don’t know if this was a detail in the prior trailer or not but…
Doesn’t the house look just… Not taken care of? The previews of the inside, all the stuff just thrown everywhere, I assumed Jake was just kinda like that, messy. But the look of the house on the outside, with the broken pillars and the vegetation growing everywhere. The broken glass is likely from the monsters, but otherwise…
Jake. How long have you left those two poor kids alone? Not to say, wherever ‘Hauntswich’ is, there doesn’t seem to be a soul ANYWHERE in the surrounding area except for their creepy neighbours.
Next, Joey is crawling through the vents, either to get in or escape from some monsters, and while happy, soon the vents shake and her expression shifts. The way her expression dynamically changes like that, I love it, makes me think a lot about some Homestuck panels. That being said, either the vent is shaky, there’s something BIG and lumbering down the halls of the manor, or the damage to the house is more extensive than it appears.
Then, oh boy the UI looks neat! Worried Joey wanders the halls of her basement, I presume. The X at the top-left might be to make the UI disappear, or perhaps a quick quit to the game? Options on the top-right, help… Then, the inventory seems managed with Captcha Cards, of course. Easy to access and drag around to combine with stuff. Then there’s her battle… Stances? Weapons? There’s what seems like a ‘stomp’, her normal shoes. Then ballerina shoes, and her flashlight.
This makes me wonder how the combat system is. Furthermore- Joey seems to have the shoe selected! What’s that for? Maybe to hint that’s what you want to do in a sneak attack? Or is it not the weapons, and just something more like her ‘stance’? But if it was her stance, wouldn’t the flashlight be the one chosen right now? We’ll see how that works.
Of course, more to the right, there’s the character… Selector? Right now we have Joey, and you can talk with your Jude with a Walkie-Talkie. Straight-forward enough.
Also Jake, please.
Jude’s side of things isn’t looking too hot. That mansion looks fucking MASSIVE. It looks more like a village, but everything’s too… Bunched up together for that to be the case. Lumbering shadows, just there. Staring. The view is amazing, but very, very eerie. Here we see he only has a flare gun- Which we see him using earlier. Again, straight-forward enough.
Now is when things start getting interesting.
First of all, the new design of the Cherub Key is amazing. Cherub Teeth are the fangs, with the Calliope-Caliborn spiral in the middle, and the snakes coiling up. But also-
IT’S ALIVE? JESUS THAT’S CREEPY.
Creepiness aside, I like this much, much more. The one preview we had when it was still 3D had Joey actually reaching in to turn it on herself, just out of pure curiosity. In this situation, however? She’s being /dragged/ by the key, forced to open the portal, not by her own volition. This makes much more sense narrative-wise, and also makes me wonder if the key itself is a Juju. The lollipop forced Jane to lick it after all, and Jake has the CLOCK, so a Juju key with a Juju teleporter? Yeah, that fits.
The cherub snake-beams activate and… Okay, while the glow of the energy is red on the Caliborn snake and green on the Calliope one, both the eyes AND the sparks around the energy are green on both sides. Maybe the teleporter uses First Guardian energy in some capacity?
Finally, we switch to the Trolls! Xefros is a cutie, and that’s some RADICAL VIOLET BLOOD riding a… Bronze grub. That sure’s a way to promote the drink. Anyone can decypher what the can says?
Then we have a first GOOD look at Xefros’ Hive! There’s a picture of the Sloth Lusus, Xefros and Dammek. Cute. Also there’s a tree going through the entire top, maybe his hive is like Terezi’s? It could be, his Lusus IS a Sloth, and Joey switches with Dammek, so it’d make sense Dammek is the one with the more urban hive.
We see an Alternian Phone, some videogame, with HEXAGONAL DISCS. I don’t care if it’s more bug-like, that’s so incredibly inconvenient and asinine, Hussie, What Pumpkin. >:V Then of course, theres Trizza broadcasting her memes permanently on the TV, and the first look at Xefros’ weapon of choice! Which seems to be a… Cricket bat? Cool.
Then Xefros slams the can of soda against his forehead to crush it. Nice.
This is a lovely look at the urban look of Alternia. It’s curious, Trolls are nocturnal so I expected to see more activity at night. Then again, Drones have been taking Trolls to cull, so it’d make sense if they’re all hiding.
ALSO DAMMEK’S LUSUS! They’re riding it around :D Likely going from Dammek’s place and towards Xefros’ if he does live in a tree-Hive. The background of the Alternian Landscape is absolutely haunting.
We have a VS Screen! Not only that, but Joey’s reaction to each enemy and situation seems to vary from one to the next. That’s a nice touch.
Joey, you’re being unnecessarily extra. That’s Jude’s pigeon though, and the bat monster seems surprised by Joey’s dramatic entrance!
Okay so, the thing at the bottom seems like it’s maybe the battle system? The right arrow points at Joey, so maybe it’s her turn and when it’s the monster’s it points left. Then the three spikes at the top might expand into something like. Abscond, Abjure, Aggrieve? Again, I have no idea how the system will work. Also, the bat seems confused and bouncing around. It’s hard to tell if this is RIGHT after the Vs Screen, and being surprised made it flip the fuck out, or if Joey did something that confused it and made it bounce around.
The state of the kitchen really drives home the fact Jake has been an absent father for a VERY LONG TIME. Have they just been ordering noodles to eat all this time? I can see some adorable pictures on the fridge.
There she goes. What do you wanna bet that in Hauntswitch Act 1 we get a scene exactly like this but with Dammek’s silhouette going down the red shaft?
Me too, Joey. Me too.
Finally, “The door is nearly open” seems like a reference to the little line on the Hiveswap page: “First thing’s first. You need to open the door.”
Conclusion: I NEED THIS GAME NOW. Patiently waiting for it to come out, still very hype.
My charms came in this week, so I’ve put these up in my etsy store!
It’s Joker/Shadow Mishima and Akira/Mishima! (I really wanted a joker/shadow mishima charm hehe…) It’s on 2 inches of clear acrylic, double-sided~
I actually didn’t print a lot but I underestimated the strength of the Mishima Boys orz… so I don’t have much in stock right now (like less than 5 right now lmaooo), but I’ll definitely do another print run soon for these, so don’t worry if it’s sold out…I’LL BE BACK WITH MORE! I’m just glad there are more people than I thought who likes this ship HAHA
I’m selling it for $8USD + shipping!
The store link should be at the bottom corner of this post for mobile users or top right corner for PC users(green etsy button) or if you can’t see it, click here (only works for PC users)! Have to do all these weird linking around because tumblr will hide any post with external links :’)
Reggie x Reader: Fingers and thumbs, baby. (Epilogue)
A/N: SIKE BITCHEEEES. Y’ALL REALLY THINK I’D LEAVE IT LIKE THAT!? HELL NAH YOUR MOTHER HAS RETURNED TO PROVIDE LOVE YA XXX
Plot: When Reggie and (Y/N) have been bestfriends their whole lives but the universe had other plans.
Samantha stole another glance at the tall, gorgeous
boy that seemed so keen on listening to everything that was coming out of their
boring professor’s mouth. He was popular and friendly but still somehow
remained a mystery, always kept to himself. Everybody was practically in love
with him because aside from his well-built physique, friendly nature, and
willingness to help those who need it he had this certain aura of vagueness
around him which seemed to drag everyone in, makes them want to unlock more. As
if there is so much more to be discovered aside from the glimpses of
personalities he shows the world but nobody ever had the chance to be that
close. Everybody knew him but at the same time nobody actually did.
When their professor finally ended his
discussion Samantha stood up, ready to take the first step to become the first
person to have the honor of actually knowing Reggie Mantle.
He looked at her before gracing her with a
smile, making her heart beat twice as fast. “Hey, Samantha,” He adjusted his gym bag on his shoulders, probably
preparing himself for his daily training.
actually, I was wondering,” she closed her eyes for
a second to gather some courage. “Would
you – would you like to get some coffee with me? Some time? If you’re not too
She swallowed as she waited for his
response, afraid to look at his face for any sign of rejection. Then she heard
a sigh and knew it was game over. She
heard the stories, the rumors, how no one stood a chance because:
Sam,” Reggie really sounded sympathetic and she
hated it. “I – I have someone –“
smiled, sadly, successfully cutting him off. She looked up at him despite the
“What a lucky girl.” She whispered more to herself than anything but
Reggie seemed to hear it.
Reggie smirked before shaking his head. “You got it all mixed up, Sam.”
Reggie said. “I’m the one who got
He patted her head before walking away.
her name?” Samantha asked. Curious as to who got this
beautiful boy’s fancy and got him hooked that he couldn’t even look at another
girl ever again. Reggie’s mind immediately went to the memory of your smile, the way you’re hair danced messily in the
wind when you were in the passenger seat of his car, the echo of your laugh in
his room as you wore his shirt while running your hand across his hair, your
beautiful 5 o’clock shadow as you stared outside the windows of Pop’s with the
neon lights making you look ethereal and seraphic.
Samantha noticed that Reggie’s mind seemed
to disappear to a happy place because he beamed, almost shining with happiness.
Another glimpse, she thought, Reggie
was really full of surprises and secrets.
I tell you, I might have to kill you.”
All the boys stared as Cheryl and (Y/N)
walked together, with their arms crossed, talking quietly among themselves. How
the meanest and nicest girls of the entire building managed to become bestfriends was beyond them but they
would be lying if they say they weren’t a sight to behold. Especially (Y/N),
known to be the kindest soul to ever grace their halls, who was always willing
to extend a helping hand and always treat everybody with respect. A lot of boys
tried to win her heart but none was very successful, in fact not qa single one
even came close, because aside from the Red Widow by her side, a nickname she
earned because of her careful yet poisonous words and her dedication to guard
the little angel of New York University everybody gets the same response from
her every time: a kind rejection. The
kind of rejection that makes them feel bad for even trying and putting her
through the dilemma of even rejecting them.
One poor soul gripped the bouquet of roses
in his hands before daring to walk towards their table and try his luck, eyes
on the back of (Y/N)’s head. He gave himself a mental pep talk trying not to
chicken out but all of those words of inspiration and prayers were obliterated
when he caught Cheryl’s eyes.
Cheryl seemed bored and emotionless, head
resting on her palm, as she stared at another clueless boy trying to vouch for
her bestfriend’s affection. She gave him the smallest glare, which usually
meant ‘scram’ or ‘fuck off’, and smirked as she saw him make a 90 degree turn before
walking out straight out the library.
stop scaring people.” (Y/N), who apparently wasn’t
really focusing on her advanced reading, chuckled. “You’ll never get a boyfriend if you keep that up.”
Cheryl scoffed and flipped her long, almost
fiery in this lighting, red hair.
“Nobody deserves me, darling, and we both know it.”
we don’t,” You stared at her. “You should give them a chance.”
rich coming from you, sweetie.” Cheryl shot back making you blush. “Why don’t you give those unfortunate souls who are just begging for a glance from the angel of
their dreams, a chance?”
You blushed even more. “You—I – You know I’m not into that, Cherry.”
yeah, who you tryna fool?” Cheryl smirked, crossing
her arms across her chest and leaning back on her chair. “And please, he was carrying roses, how cliché right? The right man
would know you’re more of a sunflower girl.” She smirked. “Too bad the right man is in a far far away
You managed to give her a glare despite the
heat on your face but she just laughed at your effort in looking mad. You just
rolled your eyes, heart beating a little too fast at the memory of him.
just, such a good friend.” Cheryl dramatically fanned her face, as if she was about to cry,
speaking a little too loudly in the library. “That bastard better be fucking grateful and buy me a
Victorian-inspired mansion for all my effort in making sure his lil’ lovebird
doesn’t get snatched by worthless peasants.”
stop,” you whined trying to remove the attention
away from the two of you, knowing nobody would have the guts to try and make
her quiet but you.
gonna guilt-trip him his whole life, you just wait.”
don’t even know if he is still single.”
I mean have you seen him? Boy’s like
that doesn’t stay single for very long time in college.”
I know him, and that boy is about as gone for you as you are for him,” Cheryl stated confidently. “And
if you weren’t sure he is single, why are you still rejecting everybody left
and right? Unless …”
are crazy.” You shook your head, not wanting to
feed yourself any more false hopes. You don’t even know where in God’s green
Earth he was staying at right now. You haven’t talked for almost four years
now. You could but you decided not to because getting a little taste of that heaven will make you want him and
miss him more and you don’t want to be running back to him when you are this
close to your goal. That reunion will have to wait, and it seems like he was
thinking the same thing, too.
treating himself well?
surrounded by good people?
remind him of you? Even for just a second?
“(Y/N),” Cheryl was staring at something in her phone, eyes wide in shock.
Whatever it was must be something big to actually surprise Cheryl. Cheryl
shoved her phone at you as you read the article about a certain raven-haired
boy that just won the Nationals in Indiana. “Point six hundred million for Cheryl. God, I hate being right all the
You ignored her as you read how Reggie
Mantle, the captain, basically carried the whole game towards their victory
with his agility, strategy, and strength. You reread the last paragraph of the
is not only a spectacular athlete but he is also an outstanding student with
his top marks which will result to the possibility of him graduating as the top
of his class. How he managed to balance his responsibilities, Reggie Mantle
gave us an answer that left more questions than answers:
could say I have a pretty solid foundation and inspiration.” He said with a
grin. “Though she is probably studying hard in New York too.”
is this mysterious lady that snatched Reggie Mantle’s heart? The world may
man,” Reggie returned back to Earth when he heard
his roommate, soon to be ex-roommate, in their toga with a big grin on his face. “I’ll see you around, yeah?”
Reggie took his hands and gave him a
half-hug and a pat on the back. “I’ll
Jake plopped down on his bed, one last time
probably. “Can’t believe you’re going
pro, man. That’s big.”
know,” Reggie chuckled, picking up a football from
the ground. “Even I still can’t believe
as for me it’s the boring old office work.”
Reggie gave him a look before throwing at him
the football which he caught with a lot of effort. “Shut up, Jake, you got a girlfriend who’s smart. She got you.”
Jake smirked. “Yeah she’s still pretty bummed about not getting that journalism job.
She really wanted it.”
can’t believe someone actually beat Janine. Must be some miracle.” Jake’s girlfriend, Janine, was like a machine when it comes to her
studies. So it came as a shock to everyone when she came barging in their room
crying about how she did not get accepted to her dream job.
she told me it was taken by some monster that graduated from New York,” Jake
chuckled. “Kept whining how the world is
unfair cause the said monster was drop dead gorgeous, smart, and is now holding
her dream job by the neck on her first try.”
wait, back up,” Reggie stood up. “Did … did Janine say what the name of this
said New York monster was?”
Jake seemed to think for a second and
Reggie was literally on his tiptoes from the suspense. “I forgot man, I guess it was (Y/N) or something? I forgot the last
Jake was cut off by Reggie’s jaw dropping
in shock before genuinely laughing. Throughout their four years of being
friends Jake has never seen Reggie this happy, even during his championship
game. Reggie looked at Jake who was looking at him as if he grew a second head.
shit! I’m so sorry, man.” Reggie laughed once more,
patting his shoulders sympathetically. “In
behalf of her, let me apologize.”
do you mean?” Jake asked, genuinely confused.
New York monster that took the job from your girl?”
“That’s my girl.”
You just finished face timing Cheryl that
was now living in London for some business transaction and she couldn’t stop
bitching about the rain ruining her hair, which, in turn, just gave you
something to laugh about.
morning, stranger,” your favorite barista greeted
you as you leaned in the counter.
outsider,” You greeted her back. “Can I get my regular and a muffin?”
muffin, you’re being a rebel today, huh?” she
snickered as she handed you your favorite drink and a fresh muffin.
like to remain unpredictable.” You said as you
handed her the exact amount and placed a twenty on the tip box.
you tomorrow, outsider.”
You sighed as the hot drink touch your
tongue, fucking heaven. As you were about to go in your car you felt a small
tug on your coat. You turned around and saw a cute little kid that had gorgeous
curly locks hiding a sunflower behind his back.
there little bud.” You leaned down to minimize the
distance between you and the kid. “Are
you lost?” You looked around you. “Where’s
You were cut off when he suddenly shoved
you the sunflower in his handsand ran before disappearing right around the
the …” You cracked a smile despite your confusion
and saw a small card tied around the sunflower with a note that read:
more from where that came from.
Just as you were about to look for the
little boy a tall figure suddenly appeared from your peripheral view. And just
like in your wildest dreams, there he
was: standing in front of you, beautiful as ever, holding a bouquet of sunflowers
and wearing that smirk that made your stomach flip in the most beautiful way
possible ever since you were kids.
Before you could utter another word he sped
up his last two steps and cradled your face with his free hand for a kiss. A kiss, a kiss that you have imagined
over and over again, a kiss that was foreign yet so goddamn familiar from the
amount of times you have dreamt and daydreamed about it. A kiss from Reggie
Mantle was all it took for your heart to beat the same irregular beats that was
reserved only for him.
I took you a moment to recover from the
shock but when you did you wrapped your hands around his neck and pulled him in
deeper. You waited too long for this kiss and you never wanted it to end and he
probably had the same thought in mind. But sadly, like everything amazing, it
had to, or else you were gonna die from lack of oxygen.
Reggie leaned in your forehead and laughed
just as you started to giggle. “I guess
you missed me?” you whispered.
have no idea, pup.” You started tearing up, not
believing that after all these years he was finally here in your arms, looking
at you with the same dark eyes and intense gaze that makes you want to melt.
love you.” Reggie made her forget her train of
thoughts with those words. “If the kiss
didn’t make it clear enough. I, Reggie Mantle, is in love with you and swears
to be in love with you in this lifetime and the next.”
You couldn’t help but laugh. Pulling him in
for another kiss. “Promise?” You
offered him your pinky.
He laughed, crossing both of pinkies and
pushed both of your fists and thumbs together.
“Promise.” He gave you another peck. “And,
I believe you owe me a date.”
do I now?” you teased, giggling when he tried to
kiss your neck. “Where would you like to
waited for years for this date, pup,” he said
letting go of your face as he opted to wrap his arms around your shoulders as
you wrapped yours around his waist. He gave you the bouquet which you held with
your free hand. “I’ll go wherever the fuck you want.”
News! After dating for three years and being
engaged in one, star football player, Reggie Mantle and his fiancé’ the award
winning journalist and published author, (Y/F/N), has officially tied the knot
in secret in their hometown, Riverdale, with only a chosen few people present,
one note-worthy guest was Mrs. Mantle’s best friend, Cheryl Blossom, the CEO of
Blossom Inc. and world-renowned author
of two award-winning novels in her spare time. It was said to be a big event
despite the small town in Riverdale as stolen shots were taken of the grand
wedding for the official photographs of the wedding was announced to be kept in
private and not to be publicized in the request of the couple.
This power-couple had been best friends
their whole lives and decided to tie the knot right after Reggie Mantle
surprised his, now, wife with her dream house in California where they were
rumored to finally settle. The couple is about to head into their 2-month
honeymoon that will be spent in different cities around the world that they
have planned to visit ever since they were kids.
After you’re done crying and emptying your
box of tissue we dare you to find us a more perfect couple, we’ll wait.
(Y/N) was breathing in the fresh air from
the morning breeze. She stared at the view from her balcony: the trees, the
lake, and the city far, far away. Reggie really thought everything through when
he built this house just for her. He built her a home where she is safe,
contented, and happy and she could never thank him enough.
She jumped a bit when she felt a fluffy
blanket, which turned out to be her robe, being wrapped around her by none
other than her husband. Even after a
year and a half of being married she still feels giddy thinking about Reggie
being her husband. Finally.
okay?” Reggie whispered, afraid of breaking this
serene moment as he hugged you from behind and gave you a peck on the side of
You decided to face your husband and give
him a proper good morning kiss, wrapping your arms on his waist as he wrapped
his arms around you. “I feel perfect.”
You nuzzled your face on his warm neck relishing on the comfort only he can
give you. You looked up at him and saw him looking out at the view before
turning his eyes on you making you wonder what you did in your past life to
have a man like him to keep forever.
“We’re in love, aren’t we?”
He chuckled at your question before leaning
hooking a stray hair in your ear. “I
can’t speak for you but you got me pretty hooked, pup.” You looked up at
him through your lashes to give him a glare as if to say ‘are you fucking kidding me?’ and Reggie grinned, the same boyish
grin from when you were in Riverdale, giving you another kiss
don’t have to worry about that for a very, very long time, pup.” Reggie sighed, pulling you closer to him, as if that was possible.”Your heart won’t break around here. I’ll
make sure of that.”
You squealed when he leaned down and hooked
his arms at the back of your thighs and sat down, taking you in his lap. You
watched as the sun rose quietly, sharing the morning coffee you made to help
you get ready for the day, small kisses and giggles shared every now and then
and in that exact moment you realized you could stay there forever and already
find the life that was your definition of perfect
But then on cue you heard the familiar
wailing of your two other babies on their bedroom making you giggle and Reggie
groan, leaning on your shoulders. “Oh
stop it, you were the one who was begging me for a baby.”
for one baby, pup. Just one, I’m blaming your fertile ass for this.” Reggie complained but was still ahead of you towards his babies room. He loved being a father
and everybody knows it. When you were
pregnant anxious would be an understatement when defining Reggie as he watched
your every move and made sure you were eating only the best to make sure his
babies would grow to become ‘as strong as me and as beautiful as their mother’.
Heck, nobody could touch you without receiving a glare from Reggie which in
turn would result to you smacking him in the head as he pouted but still
continued to follow you around like a lost guard dog.
we could blame you fucking me 12 times a day, every day? How about that?” You
(Y/N/N), “ Reggie said as he cradled Cherry on his
right arm and picked up the older twin, Jason, on the other. “My babies can hear you.”
they’re your babies now—“
BITCHES!” You heard the all too familiar slamming
of the door open and Cheryl’s voice from below. “WHERE ARE MY DEAR DARLINGS?!”
can’t believe I actually gave that woman a spare key.” Reggie sighed, making you giggle. “Since when did she arrive from London?”
on now,” you said as you took Cherry from Reggie
making him pout. God, his daughter had him whipped. “Let’s go down before Cheryl wrecks havoc in here too.”
gotta share everything with her,” Reggie complained
to a now sleeping Jason, as he went downstairs and saw Cheryl with a dollhouse
and a toy car that looked too expensive and too realistic to be owned by a
couple of 7 month old babies .”One day
I’ll just snap and assassinate her, I swear to God.”
heard that, you ass!”
needed to hear it, satan!”
You couldn’t help but watch as Reggie and
Cheryl bickered back and forth while Jason was silently sleeping in his crib
and Cherry was babbling nonsense while sitting comfortably in your lap.
here Poison Ivy wanna-be, you’re spoiling my kids and they don’t even have the
mental capacity to be spoiled yet.” Reggie
am their godmother I can do what I want because I am richer than their father.”
me,” Reggie seemed genuinely offended and you
couldn’t help but laugh. ‘Who’s richer than who’ has been a small game in
between Reggie and Cheryl, heck, even Archie, who is now an international song
artist, and Moose who is an owner of a couple of successful gyms would join
every now and then.
I guess nothing really ever truly changed.
Reggie and Cheryl just can’t admit they love each other with a gun aimed at
their heads, you were still hopelessly in-love with your husband, and he still
looks at you as if you were the reason the sun continues to shine every
morning. Only now you had two little angels to call your own and more money
than you can spend.
Not bad for a shy girl from Riverdale who
was secretly in love with her bestfriend.
You looked at your family, once more.
Leaning back, placing Cherry on your chest, you sighed in contentment.
Not bad at all.
A/N: I’m gonna miss writing this so fucking much. Fuck.
This is part one of two, featuring Genji, Hanzo, McCree, Soldier 76, Reaper, and Torbjorn. Hopefully part 2 will be done and posted tomorrow with the rest of the guys. Going underived a read more because it got a little long
- He probably went looking for you and that was one reason for his being a playboy. He was trying to meet as many people as possible to try and find you
- But he doesn’t meet you until after he found peace from Zenyatta teachings. At this point he’d already given up on ever finding you
- As a cyborg, he gained the ability to see a few colors he couldn’t before
- Part of him worries that he won’t be able to see the addition of new colors when he meets his soulmate
- But it’s not long after Winston recalls everyone from Overwatch and he’s meeting a couple new recruits. He’s shaking hands with them and when he shakes the 2nd to last one the world bursts into color
- Turns out that he didn’t need to worry about knowing whether or not he’d be able to tell when he met you
- The two of you just stand there staring and holding each other’s hand. He’s wondering if you’re put off by his appearance until you throw your arms around him and say “I’ve been looking for you for so long”
- Hanzo is the opposite of Genji. He doesn’t want to meet his soulmate because he knows he has to marry for the good of the clan, no matter who his soulmate (there have Shimada’s who take their soulmate as a lover, but Hanzo wants to give them everything or nothing)
- He meets you anyways, before either of you are prepared for it. He’s dragging Genji out from a party and bumps shoulders with someone. The world bursts into color and both of you stagger
- Genji thinks Hanzo suddenly feels sick, and since he is concerned from him gets him out of there. It isn’t until later when Hanzo has recovered a bit that they realize that it was Hanzo’s soulmate. But neither of them know who it is and Hanzo has no desire to find out or so he tells himself
- The world is color now and it’s makes things more beautiful and more horrific for Hanzo. He can see the color of the cherry blossoms but he can also see the color of Genji’s blood when he kills him
- It’s years later when he finds you again, after he has forgiven himself and joined Genji at Overwatch. They return to Hanamura and this time, when he brushes shoulders with you, the colors don’t appear but they do get brighter. He hadn’t even noticed that in the years since your first meeting that they had dulled
- This meeting goes much better and the two of you have done some not-so-good things in yours lives, but you have each other, finally
- In Deadlock, it was considered a weakness if you looked for your soulmate, or decided to associate with them if you did
- It wasn’t until he joined Overwatch and learned that that wasn’t normal for the rest of the world that the thought of finding you and actually having a life with you crossed his mind
- He started looking for you whenever he could, meeting as many people as possible
- But Overwatch gets disbanded and he goes on run and he still hasn’t found you
- He stops looking because he doesn’t want to drag you into the mess that is his life
- One day he’s running from some cops and he runs into you, literally
- The world bursts into color. That you have pretty hair is the first thing that pops into his mind
- But unfortunately for him, you’re a cop so you arrest him, soulmate or no
- But he breaks out of jail, and of course he doesn’t do the sensible thing and run but shows up at your house and makes you coffee
- You talk to him and at first it’s just a way to stall until you can arrest him again but he’s charming and kind and you just kind of let him go
- He texts you as he travels around the country and calls you when he can. He even visits a couple times. Over time the two of you develop a friendship and then a relationship and when Overwatch reforms you join and you and Jesse get the chance to actually try being a couple
- Spoiler alert: You guys are perfect for each other
- So Jack was probably pretty idealistic when he was younger, so he was very enthusiastic about meeting his soulmate and he looked for you wherever he went
- Years passed and he became Strike Commander Morrison and he gave up on finding you. He accepted that he probably was never going to meet you and he accepted that even though it pained him
- He meets you after he becomes Soldier 76 and he’s fighting Los Muertos. You’re a civilian and he tackles you to block you the gang’s weapon fire
- The moment he tackles you, both you’re visions of burst into color
- He’s been trained to well enough that he doesn’t stop fighting but doesn’t mean he’s not shocked. Immediately after the fight he vanishes again
- You’re shocked that your soulmate is an infamous vigilante
- He reappears that night in your apartment. He doesn’t know what to say but he knows he can’t leave
- You’re still mildly freaking out at his identity. You freak out even more when he tells you he’s Jack Morrison
- He tells you about the fall of Overwatch (as much as he knows anyways). It all comes out in flood, he’s been alone so long that he’s forgotten how good it feels to have someone to trust. And he does trust you, even though he just met you
- You listen to all he has to say. You remember when Overwatch was a force for good and saved the world. You decide you believe him, he’s your soulmate what else are you going to do?
- He stills goes off to try and find out the whole truth of what happened, but he keeps in contact and comes to see you. It doesn’t take long until he’s referring to you’re house as ‘home’ even though after Overwatch fell he said he’d never have a home again
- Gabriel is more idealistic when he was younger so he definitely search wherever he could for his soulmate. But he wasn’t expecting them to find you in the middle of a war zone
- You’re one of the many nurses helping the civilians injured by the Omnic War
- But when both of your visions suddenly turn colorful, you’re more surprised than he is
- You weren’t expecting the great Gabriel Reyes to be your soulmate
- Both of you are very busy with the war but it doesn’t mean that you don’t make as much effort as possible to get to know each
- This relationship continues after he becomes the head of Blackwatch
- It continues right up until the explosion at the Swiss Headquarters when he dies and you’re vision goes back to black and white. Over the next few weeks your ability to see color seems to fade in and out, finally seeming to settle on being able to see a few washed out colors. You don’t know what it means but you’re determined to find out. After all, if you still seeing colors then he can’t really be dead, right?
- You go his funeral, both the public one and the private one for his closest friends. Angela doesn’t meet your eyes at either one
- You spend the next few years secretly looking into what really happened when the base exploded
- Talon notices, and they don’t like it so they send a few agents to ‘deal’ with you. Unfortunately for them, they send Reaper, not realizing that you’re his soulmate (you kept that fact hidden). The moment he realizes it’s you he kills the other agents before you even realize that they’re there. He doesn’t plan on revealing himself to you, but he didn’t know that the closer he got the brighter your vision became (after Mercy revived him he was still able to see in full color). He’s hiding in the shadows behind you when you turn around and say “Gabriel? Is that you?”
- So he reveals himself to you and steps out of the shadows. You stand there, staring at each other until you reach up and gently remove his mask. He looks different, there’s scars and bits of his flesh drift away as smoke, but it’s him and you missed him so much
- You join him in his quest to find out the truth about who betrayed Overwatch. You have to relearn each other all over again, but neither of you really mind
- There’s a reason that Torbjorn seems to be married to his turret
- He met you when you were kids, about 5 or 6. You went to school together and one day playing tag at recess he was ‘it’ and tagged you
- The world burst into color and both of you started crying because it hurt your brains to process all the new colors and neither of you knew what was going on
- It doesn’t take long for the teachers to figure out what happened and call both your parents
- It’s rare to find your soulmate so young, but you’re parents are thrilled that you won’t have to ever wonder who your soulmate is. Plus, both pairs of parents know each other and know that they’re good people
- It takes a few years for you both to realize what being soulmates means, but the two of you have already become friends.
- That friendship only grows as the years go on
- You both join the Ironclad Guild and help design the Titan class omnic (the giant one that Torb is fighting in his comic)
- The two of you are incredibly skilled and talented engineers, some of the best in the world
- One day you head to Russia to act as a consultant for the Volskaya Corp.
- A few days after you’ve left, Torbjorn’s vision fades to black and white, the color slowing draining away. He doesn’t know that you’re bleeding out in the snow in Russia, one of the first victims of the Omnic War.
- A few months later Torbjorn will join the original Overwatch Strike Team to fight back against the omnics
firstly thank you so much to @citrontart for dealing with my questions and @vipera for testing it, it’s still not perfect but for my first bodysuit i think i did okay. there still seems to be some problems in the back with shadows but i can’t stare at this any longer omfg.
comes in 12 neutral colours aka “what colours does forever 21 sell their bodysuits in” base game compatible & custom thumbnail top category