Alright. So I watched the episode last night, have talked with my best friend about it and have read countless posts about how so many people think Moftiss was queerbaiting and how it was not a good episode.
I’m sorry, but after sleeping on it, I think that last night’s episode was really, really good! I may be in the minority, but Moftiss has said that they weren’t going to tell the Johnlock story, like in the screenshot below. I know, I was kinda hoping that we were going to get a kiss as well, but Moftiss did what they wanted to do, not what we thought they should do. They’re the writers of the show, let them tell the story that they want to tell. We still have our imaginations and can still put John and Sherlock together in our minds and our creations. It may not have actually happened, but the writers can’t take our imaginations away from us. So don’t hate on the writers just because they didn’t include Johnlock.
Anyway, last night’s episode was really good!
1. We finally found out who “Redbeard” was and how he wasn’t a dog, but a person, and not only that, but SHERLOCK’S BEST FRIEND! Sherlock had a best friend when he was a kid! Who would’ve thought!
2. We get to see more of Mycroft and Sherlock’s relationship. Like when Sherlock told him that he did well playing a character (I can’t remember the name of Mycroft’s character that he played).
3. Sherlock finally says “I love you” to Molly Hooper! Yeah, we all would’ve preferred it if he would’ve said it to John, but again, we’re finding out that Sherlock has feelings!
4. The Holmes parents make an appearance! They finally find out about their daughter and what she is.
5. The ending. John and Sherlock put the flat back together and they were happy and their lives were back to normal, solving cases and taking care of Rosie together!
6. We see Rosie again!
7. We finally see Jim Moriarty! I don’t know about you, but I kind of missed him. It’s too bad that he helped Eurus make this sick minded plan to torture her brothers, but he had some pretty cool scenes, like when he got off the plane. :)
8. Sherlock calls Greg GREG! He actually remembered his name for once! xD
All in all, it was a dark episode, but Moftiss did tell us that this series was going to be darker than the rest. I enjoyed it, it kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time.
I do sincerely hope that they do a series 5, but with Ben and Martin’s schedules being so busy, I don’t think that there will be any more. If you find evidence that there will be a series 5, please tell me! Until then, I’ll be rewatching these episodes again and again.
What if the entire show is actually from Mycroft’s memory?
After Sherlock is killed in the final confrontation with Professor Moriarty (Jim’s brother), Mycroft steps down from his government job and moves into the country near his parents, living a solitary life, blaming himself. When he is older, John and Mary’s grown daughter seeks him out and asks to hear the stories of Sherlock Holmes.
The final scene is the Watson daughter laying her hand over his.
She smiles softly and says, ‘They never blamed you.’
For the first time in twenty-five years, Mycroft manages a small smile and the burden on his heart is eased just a little bit.
And as the Watson daughter walks out to her car, she hears music coming from the house and smiles. Through the window, we can see Mycroft playing Sherlock’s violin with a sad smile on his face.