Snape x Lily confessions:
01) I think if Voldemort truly died the first war, or if Snape survived the second war, he would get over Lily. Being a spy and having to live a double life for years, putting on act so people wouldn’t trust him, he didn’t really have time to move on. Lily was his only happy memory, so he clinged to it. If Snape survived the war, he would, in time, get over Lily; as he would be finally able to live his life.
02) While I love Snape, I can’t pair him with Lily. I like Lily too, but they’re not good for each other. I see him going into hiding after the war, and eventually falling in love with a muggle doctor.
03) If Snape survived the war, I picture Lily appearing in a dream. She would be angry, but also happy for everything Snape did; but most importantly she would tell him to let go of her, and find someone he can share his love with. While she would be mad, I think she would want Snape to move on.
04) I have a lot of mixed feelings towards Snape. He did a lot of bad things, and he did a lot of good things. But I can’t stand how the “Always” quote is the one to constantly represent the fandom. I can’t believe that Snape spent years and years pining after Lily like that. I like to pretend that it isn’t referring to the unrequited love, but instead Snape feels guilt over how he lost his childhood friend and she died before he could make amends, so he wants to make it up to her in her death.
05) Lily did not drop Snape. She spent five years trying to maintain a friendship with him, defending him, and trying to help him; while he refused to listen to her unless it was something he wanted to hear, and got involved with dark magic. Him calling her a slur was not this sudden great opportunity to drop him, it was her final realisaition that he was not the same person she knew, and that it was not worth maintaining that friendship.