10 Characters Tag
rules: tell me your favourite character from 10 fictional works (shows, movies, novels, etc.) & tag people!
Tagged by @ice-tiger-kitten! Thank you :)
From anime, TV series and one book series, in no particular order:
- Yuri Plisetsky (Yuri!!! on Ice): Funnily enough Yuri Plisetsky became my favourite only after YOI had ended. Now I’m all about him.
- Severus Snape (Harry Potter): I’m not the type of fan to say that Snape was a good guy all along. He is mean-spirited, petty and even at the end his motives remain questionable. Still, he’s a brilliant character in my eyes and just so damn interesting.
- Vegeta (Dragon Ball Z): Psychopathic space prince who has murdered thousands and yet somehow ends up as one of the good guys. Let’s say I have a thing for the bad guy gone good trope.
- Nana Osaki (NaNa): She is my everything, I love her so much. Another character who tries to be the strongest version of herself but is actually quite fragile. The best well-rounded character I have seen in anime.
- Buffy Summers (Buffy the Vampire Slayer): The Chosen One. Perky and kicks your ass. Another character who is strong yet has this soft side to her.
- Officer Dale Cooper (Twin Peaks): I have only watched this show once, yet it’s my favourite. Its main character is fascinating to watch; gentle, kind, funny and a calm force within the madness that is this show.
- Don Draper (Mad Men): My second all time favourite show. Honestly I could have picked about three other characters for this spot (Peggy Olsen, Joan Holloway/Harris, Betty Draper/Francis) but let’s go with Don. Brilliant character writing; I just can’t dislike this guy even though he gives me plenty of reason to.
- Dana Scully (The X-Files): I live for her rolling her eyes and her exasperated “Mulder…”
- Hannibal Lecter (Hannibal): Man, cannibalism has never looked so classy and handsome. Jesus.
- Vanessa Ives (Penny Dreadful): Eva Green was robbed for not getting an award for this performance. She floored me. Again, amazing and interesting character.
I’m pretty sure there’s a common thread with all the characters I like, the key word being duality; (terribly) flawed characters that are sensitive somehow.
Tagging if you feel like it!