Seven for Sunday
1. I’d like to offer up my standard apology for not being around. 😏 I’ve been working crazy hours (15.5 one day), my kids are home for the summer (yay!!!!!), Nick and I are heading up the girls basketball booster club, which is a lot of work, and I haven’t been feeling well.
2. I finally went to the Electrophysiologist (specializes in cardiac electrical disorders), and they’re going to schedule an EP study soon-“a minimally invasive procedure that tests the electrical conduction system of the heart to assess the electrical activity and conduction pathways of the heart.” If it’s WPW again, they may be able to ablate extra fiber path(s) then. That would be ideal.
3. Not exercising, not sleeping well (tachycardia at night, despite all my meds) and a lot of stress eating have all added up, and I’m almost the heaviest I’ve ever been. I hardly recognize myself and feel so uncomfortable. I’m not fat shaming, but this is not healthy for me. I have to figure out how to fit better eating into my life.
4. I did get out of the house this weekend, which is good. We went to a send off party for a friend who is joining the marine corps and visited my in-laws. Yesterday, my niece played in two all-star softball games. My parents were there as well. It was good to see my mom and have a benign interaction with family. It’s important to me to support my niece. She’s been through too much trauma in her life.
5. It’s hard fighting depression without exercise-the go-to weapon in my arsenal. I’m feeling very frustrated and helpless about quite a few things, and I need to turn that around.
6. I have a pinched nerve in my neck that is giving me back and chest pain and sending shooting pains down my arm. Because of the blood thinners I’m on, I can’t take much for pain, and all I have in the house is Tylenol. Luckily my sister is something of an amateur pharmacist. She gave me some muscle relaxers and hydrocodone, which is one of the few pain medications I can take. I took one of each about an hour ago, and now my entire body is tingly, and sleep is seducing me into its depths. I’m going doooownnnn.
7. This all sounds so negative, but I’m hopeful they can zap my heart back into shape, which would end a lot of discomfort and allow me to exercise again. Please cross your fingers for me. Also, my boss is hiring me an assistant at work, which will make a huge difference. She starts tomorrow. Last, I am so happy to have my kids home!!
Miss you most of all, scarecrow. The drugs are definitely kicking in. Have a good Sunday, friends!