I am being weirdly productive this evening. =.= Anyway, this ask is referencing this comic here. Hanzo doesn’t know what you’re talking about, you are all making a big deal out of nothing, and denial is most certainly not just a river in Egypt.
Since the MBTI system has been in place, there’s been the unavoidable “classifications” of the 16 types. The most widely accepted one is the temperaments (NT, NF, SJ, SP) It works, but definitely has its flaws. Like, do ISTJs and ESFJs really have THAT much in common other than being law-abiding citizens guided by stability? If so, then why aren’t INTJs and ENFJs pitted in the same category? My favorite personal way is the “Pi/Pe/Je/Ji-Dom’’ system. I find that the personality types within these groups tend to operate on a day to day basis more similarly and display more similar behavior. For those who never heard of it, it goes something like this: Perceiving dominants (IxxJ, ExxJ, IxxP, ExxP). The judgment functions then become secondary (Thinking and feeling). So I thought I would summarize them each with their own nifty little title. Disclaimer: This is just my opinion, not gospel, so go ahead and criticize.
Pi-Doms (ISTJ, ISFJ, INTJ, INFJ): The soldiers
-Pi-Doms’ name of their game is ’‘stability”. Their Dominant function absorbs information subjectively and constantly wonders what is the safest route to make it through this life. ISxJs will use their personal experience and compare it when faced with anything new, INxJs will analyze what is beneath the surface of what they are seeing and set their sails for the best path accordingly.
- Their auxiliary function becomes their tool in making their way into this world. IxFJs will tap into the social atmosphere and easily fit in society, even helping their fellow men. While IxTJs will look at the world wondering what is objectively the best course of action in making things happen.
- Their tertiary function is how they make their personal judgement of things. IxFJs will analyze what makes sense to them objectively, while IxTJ will ponder about their inner motivation and what personally matters to them.
-Their inferior function is a danger zone where they feel everything will spiral downward really fast if they tap into it. ISxJs worry that every new event will lead to disaster and have a hard time dealing with the unexpected, whereas INxJs find the real, immediate sensory world to be somewhat unreliable and dangerous.
Pe-Doms (ESFP, ESTP, ENFP, ENTP):The livewires
-Simply put, Pe-Doms are like letting a kid loose at the zoo, amusement park or toy store and telling them they have “carte blanche” for 24 hours. So of course they will try to squeeze in everything they can during that time period, metaphorically pulling on every lever in sight to see what will happen.
- Their auxiliary function serves as judgement to decide what they put priority in; emotional matters (ESFP, ENFP) or technical matters (ESTP, ENTP).
- Their tertiary function helps them not to get too carried away with things. ESFPs and ENFPs will wonder what is the best logical course of action (Te) while ESTPs and ENTPs will remind themselves that they belong to a social system and other people matter.
- Their inferior function is like a parent nagging at them, in other words, it breaks their fun. For ENTPs and ENFPs Si is like Mom reminding you to take your sweater outside because it’s cold, even if you don’t want to. While ESTPs and ESFPs, have their Ni dads reminding them to check both sides of the street before crossing it.
Je-Doms (ESTJ, ESFJ, ENTJ, ENFJ):The leaders
- Je-Doms’ first priority is organization, whether it be people or things. They thus, “attack” the world aggressively which can make them overbearing at times, but in reality they are the pillars of this society. They all evaluate what needs to be done effortlessly and make it happen.
- Their auxiliary function serves as to what route they want to make this happen with ESTJs and ESFJs preferring their personal experience and what has been known to work, whereas ENTJs and ENFJs prefer to focus on the unknown and forge a path to safety.
- Their tertiary function is better known as the “fun” function. It allows them to let loose and throw their cares away, which they desperately need after all this focus on leading. ESTJs and ESFJs will want to explore new interests in life whereas ENTJs and ENFJs will just…..give in to what they want to do now. But in both cases, they did their homework, and most likely deserve it.
-Their inferior function represents a repressed child crying for help. For ESTJs and ENTJs they have to remind themselves what they emotionally want whereas for ESFJs and ENFJs, they have to learn to take a step back and objectively analyze what’s going, disregarding how they feel about it.
Ji-Doms (ISTP, ISFP, INTP, INFP): The nomads
- Ji-Doms are all about one thing: Their personal needs and expression of said needs. They focus mostly on their individuality regardless if it fits within the social mold. IxFPs judge things on what makes sense to their inner values, and IxTPs judge things on what just……..makes sense, period.
- Their auxiliary function allows them to express themselves. ISxPs are more visceral and what to experience life first hand on their own terms. They have a tendency towards a “flashy” appearance (i.e. tattoos, latest designer clothes) INxPs however, have a penchant for a more provocative, upbeat appearance (Purple hair? Why not? It’ll get people guessing…)
- Their tertiary function is really interesting. It makes them take pause and ponder about the deeper implication of things (ISxPs) or remember what has always mattered to them (INxPs). In both cases, it serves as a “safety” zone.
- The inferior function is what all Ji-Doms seem to rebel against. IxFPs find that Te is suffocating and destroys their individuality and freedom whereas IxTPs find that Fe forces them into being someone that they are not.
Azriel, still limping, merely nudged Cassian and extended another option.
“This is Truth-Teller,” he told her softly. “I won’t be using it today - so I want you to.”
Elian’s eyes widened at the obsidian-hilted blade in Azriel’s scarred hand. The runes on the black scabbard.
“It has never failed me once,” the shadowsinger said, the midday sun devoured by the black blade. “Some people say it is magic and will always strike true.” He gently took her hand and pressed the hilt of the legendary blade into it. “It will serve you well.”
“I-I don’t know how to use it–”
Cassian gawked at Azriel, and I wondered how often Azriel had lent out that blade -
Never, Rhys said […]. I have never once seen Azriel let another person touch that knife.
Elain looked up at Azriel, their eyes meeting, his hand still lingering on the hilt of the blade.
WHEN ELRIEL SHIP SETS SAIL and ELUCIEN SHIP REMAINS AT THE DOCK.
Inspired by the song ‘How Far I’ll Go’ from Disney’s Moana
This is one of my favorite, if not most favorite, Disney movies. In particular, this song struck a chord in me. I can relate to the feeling of being called to something, but unable to find the confidence to set sail toward that calling.
For Moana, it was the Sea that called her - that beckoned her to greatness like her ancestors. For me, it is becoming a pharmacist. Years ago I tried to prepare myself for pharmacy school, but could never truly take the plunge… and ever since I have been coming back to it, over and over… And now’s my time. The wind is in my sail and I’m headed off to see how far I’ll go.
I made a spread to help me pinpoint some of the feelings I have over the matter, and thought I’d share it with you all. It’s developed to help you take a good look at what’s holding you back from letting yourself follow your calling, and how it will be once you accept that calling in earnest. Hopefully it will be insightful and enlightening for you as it has been for me!
1. The Road That Leads Back
What keeps pulling me back? What do I need to realize about this that makes it integral to my path?
2. I’ll be Satisfied If I Play Along
What it will be like if I don’t go after my calling. Will I be satisfied?
3. What Is Wrong With Me?!
Why can’t I just move on? Why can I not make a decision to go through with it or be satisfied with where I am?
4. So Come Find me!
How to give in and let my calling engulf me.
5. The Wind In My Sail
A message from the Universe, hope and endurance to fill my sails and carry me forward!
6. The Line Where The Sky Meets The Sea
The true heart of my calling and why it’s so alluring to me… What makes this path worth braving the treacherous waves?
7. How Far I’ll Go
A glimpse of what will happen once I set sail toward my calling and how I will be changed throughout the process.
This is one of my original spreads. If you use this spread for any promotional services please credit me accordingly!