What happens if you make a comission, but they don't like the finished product? (I had to design something for more people, but kept contact with only one of them - turns out one of the others wasn't really impressed)
They have to pay something for your work either way.
At least thats what i do with my comms.
These are my terms of service and warnings I have public to everyone before they commission me: https://sta.sh/01om0e8rto3y
You should prob clarify your terms before doing commissions.
- They are commissioning you for your style / aesthetics.
- If you’re making up the design and they don’t want it, they don’t have to keep it… but they do have to pay you for the time you put into it still.
- How much work and time do you think you’ll put into the design? Make a base price that they must agree to pay before or after it’s done (whether they like the design or not), so you get SOMETHING out of your work if they don’t like it in the end.
- Some people do like XX amount per hour worked on the design.
- Basically you just have to reach an agreement with the other person that XX amount will get payed in the end.
I personally (stated in my link I’ve given), tell the commissioner that what they give me is what they get. No changes unless they want to pay more for edits. (Though I haven’t done custom designs in a very very long time).
I’m sure there’s other artists out there too though that can give better advice than me xD.