Holy shit, Liz. This is a long fucking post. And just so you know guys, you don't have to do this. Though it would amuse me.
Rule 1: Post the rules
Rule 2: Answer the questions the tagged set for you, then make 10 new ones (Liz and I had trouble with these. If you want to answer the ones I did along with the ones I posted feel free, if not, no skin off my teeth).
Rule 3: Tag 10 people and link them to your post.
Rule 4: Let them know you tagged them.
Questions from Liz:
1. How is your heart doing?
My heart is a black abyss where men go to die. Or so I’ve been told. If I were to have a heart, it would be heavy with sorrow at the moment, but I hope it’s on the mend. So much struggle and suffering and loss, for what? I feel like so many parts of my family, important parts of my family (and my support system) are imploding. And I suppose it’s become harder to reach out because of that. I don’t want the pity that always seems to parade as empathy. I should probably lean more on friends, but… Meh. Don’t feel like trusting anyone with all these problematic thoughts. Doesn’t feel like my confidence would be kept.
2. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I want to be able to teleport, because my list is LONG. I want to go visit Lyss in Aussie Land. I want to go back to Spain (especially since I got invited to stay at Jose’s family house there this summer because parts of the back patio crew are going again and woo for being invited!), I want to be with my dad. Meet him in New England so I can visit members of his family I’m still speaking to (and maybe a couple I don’t) and drive back to Florida with him. That kind of a drive would be good for us, I think. Do some recording and performing once we’re back in SoFlo. I want to go on a cross country road trip with my brother to visit family we haven’t seen in a decade (since we have family in 14 of the lower 48). I want to go to Redding and spend time with my best friend. I miss Jessica, and I’m feeling the distance more profoundly as of late. Currently a good number of family members I’d rather be seeing today are in Groveland for the long weekend at our vacation home. They’re planning on hanging out in Yosemite and having a lot of fun. I wish I could be with them. But let’s be real. I am presently in a mindset that will keep me at home in solitude for a while. Ain’t nobody seeing me unless they see me at Fibbars.
3. How often do you smile?
It is how my face is at rest, actually. I’ve been accused of having a perma-smirk. I have to be very focused/stressed/upset to stop.
4. How far would you go to find love?
Romantic love? Lately it’s more of “how far would I run to get away from the prospect of having actual feelings?” so I guess it’s not far. I am genuinely scared to find it.
5. If you only had one day left to live, what would you do? Who would you see? Where would you go? What would you say?
Write goodbye letters to loved ones in a calm, quiet, beautiful place outdoors. Get my dad to play “Key to the Highway” for me. Be with my family, but not have them know I’d be gone.
6. What is your favorite book?
Daisy Fay and the Miracle Man. Though my dad sent me a picture of “The little engine who said fuck it” and I feel like I could relate to that on a very deep level.
7. Whom do you admire most?
My step dad.
8. If you could eat lunch with one person, living or dead, who would it be?
I’d like to eat lunch with my mom when she was 25 year old.
9. If you could be best friends with one fictional character, who would it be?
THE NINTH DOCTOR BECAUSE SASS! Or Donna Noble when she was with 10? Because double the ginger guys.
10. If your life was a movie, what genre would it be? Romance? Comedy? Horror? Suspense?
Mayhaps a dramedy/documentary/definitely animated?
Questions by Liz:
1. What is your greatest achievement so far in life?
…I mean what?
2. What do you do when you are really angry?
Remove myself from human contact, yell/swear/bitch/jump to conclusions, seethe with rage until I break something… One of those.
3. How would your friends describe you in one word?
4. What is your reaction to fear: fight or flight?
FLIGHT! In serious situations, always flight.
5. Do you like sports? Why or Why not?
I have the same feelings as the nearly 2yr old I nanny. Colin, do you like baseball? Yaaaaaaay! Colin, do you like the Giants? Yaaaaaaay!
I like sports I understand. So currently it’s baseball and American football. I have the capacity to like most sports, but most of my knowledge came from 90s movies (mighty ducks, space jam, little giants, angels in the outfield) until I started working at the pub and following it more. I will say, however, that seeing sports live, in the stadium, is amazing. Even when you don’t know what’s going on exactly, it’s a fun dynamic to be a part of.
6. Do you have a retirement account? (If no, you should get one just saying)
Dude. Liz. I barely function as an adult in the basest possible ways. I pay rent, keep my car functioning, food in my belly, bills paid on time. It’s about all I can manage at the moment. Though I do understand that I should.
7. Are you a dog person or a cat person?
JUST GIVE ME ALL THE CUDDLY CUTE ADORABLE ANIMALS OK
8. If you had to marry a fictional character tomorrow who would it be?
I have no idea why this is proving to be the most difficult question for me.
9. What is the first thing you think about when you wake up?
Lingering sensations of whatever dream I was having, and then a singleminded need for coffee.
10. Name one item you must have with you at all times.
My Nana’s rings. I feel off without them on. Makes me feel overwhelmed and anxious. Or maybe that’s just the OCD…
Questions by ME! Missy!
1. Favorite animated movie
2. Where is your favorite place? What makes it special to you?
3. Favorite song of the moment (you know the one, that amazing jam that has to be played at full volume and on repeat until you find the new favorite song)
4. How do you take your coffee?
5. Is there anyone you regret getting to know?
6. What was your favorite park activity/play structure when you were a kid? (Swing, monkey bars, sand box, merry go round, etc)
7. What would you say to your 8 and 16 year old selves, if you had the chance to (and not fuck with the fabric of space and time and create a horrible paradox while doing so)?
8. Ever had a reoccurring dream/nightmare? What was it about?
9. Would you rather be able to fly or read minds? Why?
10. When was the last time you laughed so hard you cried?