Éponine, Marius and the Triumvirate from Jean Valjean (1963)
by Le Théâtre de la Jeunesse
This adaptation continues to be Pure Gold. PURE GOLD I SAY.
- Éponine’s constant fourth wall breaking
- Marius being a big baby (and a massive Napoleon nerd)
- EC^2 being ABSOLUTE DORKS OH MY GOD LOOK AT THEM
- Enjolras’s hilari-awful waistcoat
- “A present from an inspector of the police”
- All the banter about Marius dying omg
Also just all the incredibly giffable moments. Especially by the courtesy of Éponine but the others aren’t far behind.
(I’m having trouble translating Éponine’s argot, though. I didn’t sign up for this…)