1. During Rising Sun period, Yunho gave his single deck bed to Jaejoong because of Jaejoong’s knee injury.
2. During the Rising Sun period, TVXQ won an award, but Jaejoong was not able to turn up because of his injury, so Yunho carried the trophy and said, “This trophy belongs to Jaejoong.”
3. Micky and Changmin once said, “Without Yunho, there would be no TVXQ.”
4. Junsu’s response towards the “changing member incident”: “If one of the members leaves the team, I will not stay in TVXQ anymore.”
5. Changmin’s response towards the “changing member incident”: “If any of us leaves TVXQ, I will surely return to my ordinary high school life.”
6. When TVXQ were asked about “Who is the person of their fate?”, they all answered, “The members”, except for Micky.
7. Jaejoong once wrote in his cyworld: “Our friendship is stronger than most people because we talk and breathe in the same room and we eat and sleep in the same place…”
8. 2004, on Micky’s birthday, Yunho said to all their fans, “Please look after our Micky, I can’t use words to express myself, MICKY, I LOVE YOU!”
9. 10 September 2005, during a fan meeting, Changmin was asked by the reporter about what New Year present he would like to receive next year, and he answered, “The only present that I really want now is Jaejoong hyung’s knee can get well soon.” After Changmin finished, the camera started focusing on
Jaejoong. Jaejoong always doesn’t like crying, but at that very moment, he lowered his head and tried his best not to let his tears run down his cheeks.
10. During a fan meeting, Changmin said, “Only when the five of us are together, are we called TVXQ!”
11. On August 2005, Yunho carried Junsu to the hospital when Junsu had a high fever.
12. When Jaejoong’s knee was injured, Yunho wanted him to rest more, but instead, Jaejoong said to Yunho, “Your stomach is not well, you should be the one hospitalized, not me.”
13. In the X-Man “Of Course” game, Yunho said the Junsu, “Did you know that I love the four of you very much?”
14. Yunho’s reason for why he is always the one to take the initiative of taking care of everything regarding all thorny issues and all the awkward matters is, “Because I’m the leader who loves all my members.”
15. November 2004, there were rumours about LSM replacing Jaejoong with someone else. Micky shed tears in the “I Believe” live performance when he knew about it. *Micky, I cried too when I heard this news…
16. Yunho’s stomach is not well, so Changmin would always write him a reminder note saying, “Don’t always forget to eat just because of work.” and slip it into his pocket. Junsu would also always remind him, “Eat your food on time.”
17. When Yunho is asked which member he likes the most, he answers first with “I like all of them” but when he was forced to answer, he replied “ I like Jaejoong.”
18. At a fan meeting, Micky said, “Not only two years, but even until twenty, two hundred, two thousand years…we always have to be together.”
19. In April of 2004, when Micky was hospitalized, Micky got angry because Junsu didn’t visit him. And Junsu said that he prayed everynight for Yoochoon to recover.
20. one time, Junsu wrote “Dong Bang Shin Gi Big Success” on a piece of paper, and then pasted it on the wall.
21. In 2004, Micky was pranked on some show. A tarot reader gave him a reading and told him that he was going to have very bad luck (of course, it was a lie XD). Jaejoong said, “Your luck is bad, so don’t cause trouble for the rest of TVXQ.” Micky was very upset. After the show, he ran backstage and was feeling miserable, but then Jaejoong went backstage too and gave him a hug.
22. On July 7, 2005, when TVXQ were in Fangshan, Beijing, female reporters were interviewing Jaejoong. He carefully answered the questions and then made eye contact with leader Yunho as if asking him, “Did I answer appropriately?” Yunho smiled at him and gave a little nod as if to tell him, “Yes, you answered very well.”
23. One time, when Junsu was pranked as an experiment, Yunho and Jaejoong acted as if there was some serious internal strife going on within the group. Poor Junsu was so scared, he nearly cried.
24. When Yunho was pranked as an experiment, before his four fellow members carried on with the prank, they turned to the camera and said, “Yunho, we love you!”
25. Jaejoong said that when the five members cannot find their own underwear, they will wear each others’.
26. In 2005, when Micky was celebrating his birthday in Japan, reporters were asking if they prepared any presents for him. Junsu said, “No, we didn’t. There is just our sincerity.” Yunho said, “I think, this is what makes a true partner.”
27. Everybody’s appraisals of Jaejoong: Yunho said, “Although sometimes, he can be rather rough, he is actually the one most like a mother. He is the most gentle member.” Junsu said, “He is the most empathic member who cares most about others when they get sick.” Yoochun said, “He is a reliable person who will always stand by your side. He is a member of members.” Changmin said, “When you compare him to others of the same age, you cannot imagine… Once you look at him, you get an impression of light and nostalgia.”
28. At a fanmeeting, Junsu said, “The members are like my brothers. We are just like a family.”
29. Four of the members all want to raise dogs, but because Yoochun is scared of them, they all discarded their ideas of getting a dog.
30. In 2006, when it was Yunho and Changmin’s birthdays, Jaejoong especially wrote a letter for Yunho *ooohh!! loveletter!! JAEHO!!*. JJ, Micky, and Junsu got two pizzas and JJ lighted candles to put on them.
31. In order to make leader Yunho seem taller, Changmin, the actual tallest member, would tend to bend his knees a bit.
32. After Jaejoong’s injury, at a fanmeeting, Jaejoong said to the members and fans, “I don’t feel any pain. Please do not cry for me! Actually, once I see you guys, I do not feel any pain anymore!”
33. During an interview, Yunho said, “I hope that no matter how many and how great our difficulties may be, we will always overcome them together. Just as long as the five of us are together, we are most happy.”
34. The five of them would throw blankets at each other in their dormitory, play rock paper scissors, and play hide and seek in the park.
35. The members said that the five of them have to find some time in the future to go someplace peaceful and quiet, where they can really have fun together.
36. Micky, whose family is in the US said, “Mom is always worried about me living by myself away from home, but because I have the members, I have never felt lonely.”
37. When Yunho was asked what his continuing power is, he answered, “Encouragement of the members.”
38. Jaejoong said that, “When cooking, salt and sunshine are very important, but Yunho is very important too!”
39. Yunho said that if he was not a member of TVXQ, he would have become a fan of Jaejoong.
40. Yunho said that meeting the four members was the greatest event of his life. He also said that whenever he comes across the word “Promise”, he would think about his members.
41. When TVXQ were asked what they most wanted to continue, Yunho answered, “I hope that the members of TVXQ would always continue. Right now, our friendship is already very strong. But I hope that in the future, it will definitely grow even stronger!” Yoochun said, “I hope that the friendship between the members will always remain.” Junsu said, “The health of the members is what is most important!”
42. Jaejoong said that if he wanted the presents that fans gave to other members, he can secretly take them. He took
someone’s shoes, but forgot who they originally belonged to.
43. At a KBS award ceremony, when Yunho and Jaejoong were speaking, Yunho noticed something in Jaejoong’s hair and helped him pull it out.
44. In the 51st X-Man, when Micky was playing a game with others, it was very awkward. Yunho, who was on a different team from Micky, especially moved over to Micky’s team and gave him a pat on the shoulder.
45. Everyday, Yunho would wake up earlier than the other members and patiently wake them all up.
46.Jaejoong said “I’m the mom and the other members are my children.Yunho corrected him and said, “We are the Dong Bang Family. I am the daddy,
Jaejoong is the mommy, Changmin is the youngest child, and Junsu and Yoochun are the daughters ” at this time, Junsu interrupts with a, “Yoochun is my wife!”
47. During the Rising Sun period, Jaejoong was injured and had to use crutches. Yunho would always be following behind him
and would gently place his hands on JJ’s shoulders to prevent him from falling.
48. During any member’s birthday, the other members would pretend that they do not remember the birthday, but would then hold a surprise party.
49. Sept. 10 2005, at a fanmeeting, because Jaejoong could not stand, they all sat down to sing Hug.
50. During the filming of a Samsung camera commercial, Yunho had a backache, so Jaejoong helped him pound his back.
51. Before a performance, Jaejoong would help Yunho fix his tie.
52. In March 2005, when they were in China, Jaejoong’s tie came off. Yoochun helped him pull it back while Changmin helped him hold the microphone.
53. During March 2005, in China, Yoochun used his hands to help pick off the tissue paper that was covering Junsu’s face.
54. Each time they receive an award, they would always thank “The Members”
Platon, photographer, who shot Clinton in New York for the New York Times Magazine
on Sept. 12, 2005: “I took this picture of Hillary at a march in New
York. She was wearing a sash, which said ‘Honorary Guest.’ As she’s
surrounded by the usual hangers-on in the crowd, I noticed in the
background Huma Abedin wearing her signature dark sunglasses, never too
far away from Mrs. Clinton. This is the closest I could get to Hillary.
As of yet, Hillary has still not granted me a private studio portrait
Virginia Beach, Va. (Sept. 16, 2005) - Two F/A-18F Super Hornets, assigned to the “Checkmates” of Strike Fighter Squadron Two One One (VFA-211), conduct a high-speed reconnaissance pass during the tactical air power demonstration as part of the 2005 Naval Air Station Oceana Air Show. The demonstration showcased multiple F-14 Tomcats and F/A-18 Hornets displaying various maneuvers and simulated bomb and staffing passes in front of the crowd. The air show, held Sept. 16-18th, showcased civilian and military aircraft from the Nation’s armed forces, which provided many flight demonstrations and static displays. U.S. Navy photo by Photographer’s Mate 2nd Class Daniel J. McLain (RELEASED)
Wrote her first full-length song, 'Lucky You'
Signed a development deal with RCA Records at 14 years old
Wrote her first set of songs with Liz Rose
Began recording demos with Nathan Chapman
Walked away from RCA Records after being told she couldn't record an album until she was 18 years old
Became the youngest songwriter ever to be hired by the Sony/ATV Tree publishing house
Performed at an industry showcase at The Bluebird Cafe and got noticed and ultimately signed by Scott Borchetta on Big Machine Records
Interned as an artist escort at the CMA Music Festival
Began working on her debut album
Released her very first single, 'Tim McGraw', which has since sold over 1 million copies and has been certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America
Released her eponymous debut album, selling 39,000 copies in its first week
Opened for Rascal Flatts on the final nine dates of their Me & My Gang Tour
Began promoting her debut album on a radio tour and made various TV appearances including on The Grand Ole Opry and Good Morning America
Released the second single from her album, 'Teardrops On My Guitar', which peaked at number 13 on the Billboard Hot 100
Was named the Nashville Songwriters Association's Songwriter/Artist of the Year, becoming the youngest person ever to be honored with the title
Released her third single, 'Our Song', which shot to number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, making her the youngest person in history to single-handedly write and sing a number-one country song
Released a holiday album, 'Sounds of the Season: The Taylor Swift Holiday Collection'
Won the Country Music Association's Horizon Award for Best New Artist, claiming it to be "the highlight of her senior year" in her acceptance speech
Opened for Rascal Flatts again on their Still Feels Good Tour
Began promoting her second album on various chat shows including The Ellen DeGeneres Show, which dedicated a whole episode to the album's launch
Released her upcoming second album's lead single, 'Love Story', which became the second-best-selling country single of all time and became her trademark track
Released her second studio album, 'Fearless'
Released her second single from the album, 'White Horse'
'Fearless' debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 Album Chart with sales of 592,304 in its first week, becoming the top-selling album of 2009
Released her third single from the album, 'You Belong With Me'
Began her debut 105-date world tour, The Fearless Tour, which grossed $63,705,590 with 1,138,977 fans in attendance
Released her fourth single from the album, 'Fifteen'
Became the first country music artist to win an MTV Video Music Award when "You Belong with Me" was named Best Female Video, but her speech was interrupted by Kanye West
Released the fifth and final single from her second album, its title track, 'Fearless'
Won four Grammy Awards from eight nominations including Album Of The Year, making her the youngest person ever to achieve that
Began promoting her upcoming third album on various talk shows and gave free mini-concerts in unusual locations, including on an open-decker bus on Hollywood Boulevard and a departure lounge at JFK airport
Released her third album's lead single, 'Mine'
Became the youngest ever artist and one of only six women to be named Entertainer of the Year by the Country Music Association
Released her third studio album, 'Speak Now', which sold 1,047,000 copies in its first week and became the fifth biggest debut in history for a female artist
Released the album's second single, 'Back To December'
Began her second tour, the Speak Now World Tour, which earned $97 million from 89 shows and 1.6 million fans
Her debut album was re-calculated to have sold 5.5 million copies worldwide
Released her third album's third single, 'Mean'
Released her third album's fourth single, 'The Story Of Us'
Was named Songwriter/Artist of the Year by the Nashville Songwriters Association
Released her third album's fifth single, 'Sparks Fly', with its music video of the ongoing world tour
Was named Entertainer of the Year by the Academy of Country Music and Entertainer of the Year by the Country Music Association
Released her third album's six and final single, 'Ours', a bonus track which went on to peak at number one on the Billboard Country Songs Chart
Was named Billboard's Woman Of The Year
Won Best Country Song for 'Mean' at the 54th Annual Grammy Awards, which she later performed live
Contributed two original songs to 'The Hunger Games' soundtrack album, 'Safe and Sound' and 'Eyes Open'
Announced her upcoming fourth studio album via a livestream online chat and released the album's lead single, 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together', which became her first number one on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart
Released her fourth album's second single, 'Begin Again'
Released her fourth studio album, 'Red', selling 1.21 million copies in its first week and becoming the third biggest debut in history for a female artist and the fastest-selling album in over a decade
Released her fourth album's third single, 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
Began her third world tour, The Red Tour, for which she played 86 dates and was attended by over 1.7 million fans, grossing just over $150 million
Released her fourth album's fourth single, '22'
'Red' was re-calculated to have sold 6 million copies worldwide
Released her fourth album's fifth single, co-written and performed with Ed Sheeran, 'Everything Has Changed'
Co-wrote and released 'Sweeter Than Fiction' for the 'One Chance' movie, which received a Best Original Song nomination at the 71st Golden Globe Awards
Released her fourth album's sixth single, 'The Last Time'
Was honored by the Country Music Association with a special Pinnacle Award for "unique" levels of success, presented by various country artists and friends including Tim McGraw, George Strait and Faith Hill
'Safe and Sound' won Best Song Written For Visual Media at the Grammy Awards
Began The 1989 Secret Sessions, where she invited groups of fans from different countries into each of her houses to listen to her upcoming album prior to its release
Announced her upcoming fifth album via another livestream online chat, claiming it to be her "first documented pop album", and released the album's lead single, 'Shake It Off'
'Shake It Off' instantly reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100 after being made available on iTunes
Released her fifth studio album, '1989', which debuted at number one on the U.S. Billboard 200 and sold 1.287 million copies during the first week of release
Released the album's second single, 'Blank Space'
'1989' became the best-selling album of 2014, selling 3.66 million copies in only three months
Was again named Billboard's Woman Of Year, the only artist to be awarded this title twice
'1989' became the highest-selling first-week album from a female artist ever, topping Britney Spears' 'Oops I Did It Again' from back in 2000
Released the album's third single, 'Style'
'1989' was re-calculated and has been said to have sold 8.6 million copies worldwide
Became the first artist in history to have three consecutive albums sell over 1 million copies in their first week
'Shake It Off' was nominated for three Grammy Awards including Record of the Year and Song of the Year
She was named by Time magazine as one of the 2015 Time 100 in the "Icons" category
Was one of only eight artists to receive a 50th Anniversary Milestone Award at the Academy of Country Music Awards
Released the album's fourth remixed single, 'Bad Blood', premiering the official music video at the start of the Billboard Music Awards
Began her fourth concert tour, The 1989 World Tour, from which only five shows from the North American run (May 20–June 6 2015) generated a total of $16.8 million from 149,708 ticket sales
Wrote to Apple Music, criticizing how it doesn't offer royalties to artists during the streaming service's free three-month trial period. A day later, Apple changed their policy.
'1989' became the fastest selling album in more than a decade
“Furious but not frustrated; Christian but not clear-cut; fun-loving but not f’d up: Florida’s brightest post-hardcore hopefuls came to play, plain and simple, and they’re inviting you along for the ride.”
Virginia Beach, Va. (Sept. 16, 2005) – Two F-14B Tomcats, assigned to the “Swordsmen” of Fighter Squadron Three Two (VF-32), perform a section takeoff at the start of the tactical air power demonstration as part of the 2005 Naval Air Station Oceana Air Show. The demonstration showcased multiple F-14 Tomcats and F/A-18 Hornets displaying various maneuvers and simulated bomb and staffing passes in front of the crowd. The air show, held Sept. 16-18th, showcased civilian and military aircraft from the Nation’s armed forces, which provided many flight demonstrations and static displays. U.S. Navy photo by Photographer’s Mate 2nd Class Daniel J. McLain (RELEASED)
A British soldier makes his way out of a burning Warrior fighting vehicle in Basra, 550 kilometers (340 miles) southeast of Baghdad Monday Sept. 19, 2005. British forces and demonstrators exchanged gunfire in the southern city of Basra leaving two civilians dead after two British men were arrested for allegedly gunning down an Iraqi police officer. (AP Photo/Nabil al-Jurani)
But just as art cannot exist outside the field of art, we cannot exist outside the field of art, at least not as artists, critics, curators, etc. And what we do outside the field, to the extent that it remains outside, can have no effect within it. So if there is no outside for us, it is not because the institution is perfectly closed, or exists as an apparatus in a ‘totally administered society,’ or has grown all encompassing in size and scope. It is because the institution is inside of us, and we can’t get outside of ourselves.
“From the Critique of Institutions to an Institution of Critique” by Andrea Fraser, Artforum (Sept 2005)
Democracynow.org - On Sept. 2, 2005, during a nationally televised telethon benefit for victims of Hurricane Katrina, hip-hop legend Kanye West went off script to directly criticize the media and the White House’s handling of the storm. “I hate the way they portray us in the media,” he said. “If you see a black family, it says they’re looting. If you see a white family, it says they’re searching for food.” West went on to say, “George Bush doesn’t care about black people.” Bush later wrote in his memoir that this moment was an all-time low of his presidency.
AAA marks 10th anniversary with album, tour (The Japan News 10/08/15)
in its 10th year, the seven-member performance group AAA (Triple A)
seems to have reached its prime, but its members keep taking on new
“To tell you the truth, I didn’t expect our group would last this long,” said Chiaki Ito, 28.
The group successfully finished their first Asian tour earlier this
year and released singles for seven consecutive months. They also
finished a nationwide tour with open-air performances in Yamanashi
Prefecture late last month.
“I had fun with it because at that point in the storyline I had to go in as this other character [Dawn Stiles] wearing that outfit that was so NOT Lois and so NOT Erica,” laughs Durance. “There is no chance I would be caught wearing a dress like that! It was a fuchsia fish dress! It was perfect for the character of Dawn, and it was part of the fun of going in and being all heightened and prissy and then having to change back suddenly. I had a good time on that one. And it was fun to watch everybody adopt their own take on how that person possessed their body and what that character did through them. I was there the day Annette O'Toole was shooting [as Dawn] and we were busting our guts laughing so hard, she was so funny. She absolutely threw herself into it and she was allowed to be so over the top. She was great. She’s awesome and so fun to work with.” - Smallville Magazine Sept/Oct 2005
“I absolutely loved that,” Annette O'Toole said of her first Smallville behavior-change episode [Spirit]. The only bad thing was having to listen to that Ashlee Simpson song and trying to learn it! Anything that’s out of character like that is always really, really fun to do, to dance around and be stupid – it was great.” - Smallville the Official Companion Season 4