➥ Vocabulary Tips - Adjectives Part 1
「height / stature / size」
- tall - very tall, quite tall, six feet tall, long, high, big, colossal, gigantic, huge, immense.
- short - not very tall, petite, low-set, compact, little, small, squat, tiny, miniature.
- medium - average height, middle height, half tall, half short.
「weight / skin」
- thin - quite thin, slim, slender, skinny.
- fat - medium-build, overweight, rounded, chubby, corpulent.
- skin - pale, pallid, light, dark, tanned, olive, white, brown, rosy.
- shape - broad, crooked, curved, flat, narrow, round, square, wide, massive, straight.
「hair / eyes」
- color - dark, black, red, brown, blond, chestnut brown, white, gray, blue, green, light-blue, dark-gray, grayish-blue, amber, caramel.
- style - long, short, medium-length, shoulder-length, afro, asymmetric cut, beehive, bob cut, bowl cut, bunches, buzz cut, cropped, curtained hair, dreadlocks, fringe/bangs, hime cut, pixie cut.
- hairdo - straight, curly, wavy, thick, thinning, bald, shiny, smooth, neatly combed, dull, tousled, disheveled, ponytail, braid, updo, bun.
- young - kid, baby, toddler, newborn, preteen, teenage, teen, junior, minor, infant, tween, youngsters.
- old - elderly, older, mature, senior, experienced, middle-aged, adult, grown up.
- number - twenty years old, in her thirties, about forty.
- intelligent - broad-minded, sharp, keen, bright, quick, agile, wise, clever, smart, precocious, gifted, witty, ingenious, savvy.
- stupid - narrow-minded, silly, foolish, idiot, fool, ignorant, slow, dumb, dull, brainless, dummy, moron, imbecile, uncultured.
- friendly - pleasant personality, good-tempered, good-natured, easy-going, sociable, outgoing, extroverted, energetic.
- independent - strong, tough, mature, autonomous, self-confident,
- honest - dependable, reliable, trustworthy, reasonable, sensible, honorable, sincere, direct, downright,
- disciplined - organized, hard-working, careful, prudent, cautious.
- modest - shy, timid, wary, humble.
- observant - attentive, alert, perceptive, insightful, thoughtful, considerate.
- humorous - amusing, funny, comical, laughable.
- generous - unselfish, kind, kind-hearted, gentle, benevolent, sympathetic, tolerant, helpful, careful.
- interesting - fascinating, exciting, entertaining, stimulating.
- elegant - exquisite, graceful, refined, fine, tasteful, neat, high-class, fancy, glamorous, dressy, magnificent, important, powerful, famous, rich.
- beautiful - attractive, gorgeous, handsome, ravishing, pleasing, glorious, splendid, goddess, god-like, pretty, beauty, resplendent, fine, stunning, good-looking.
- adorable - lovable, lovely, sensitive, adorable,sweet, angelical, angelic, cute, precious.
- glowing - shiny, vivacious, sparkling, twinkle, shining, vibrant, radiating.
- code - formal, official, informal, relaxed, casual, old-fashioned.
- hostile - aggressive, violent, offensive, hateful, bitter, ferocious, furious, savage, fierce, bloody, grotesque, boorish.
- unfriendly - unsociable, bad-tempered, pushy, selfish, egotistical, inconsiderate, arrogant, moody, stubborn, imprudent, stingy, miserly, snobbish .
- dishonest - unreliable, unreasonable, unpredictable, irresponsible, impulsive, greedy, dull, undisciplined, disorganized, careless, greedy.
- strange - odd, weird, eccentric, crazy, clumsy.
- boring - tedious, tiresome, uninteresting, wearisome.
- emotional - moody, melancholic, touchy, mushy.
⟨if you have other adjectives that fit this topic, just send me a message.⟩