Hey pm! I love you art and I recently saw you have a redbubble so I just wanted to know if there are any pros/cons with redbubble or the best way to handle it as I am thinking about starting one! Thank you!!
Hi anon ^^
Thanks a lot for your question. So! I’ve been using RB for about a year now and here is all I can tell you:
- Easy to use and to understand even if you never had a shop before
- They take care of everything (printing, invoices, etc…), you just have to upload your stuff and interact with some clients who send you “red bubble mail”
- You can choose what kind of item you want to sell for each design
- You have rather comprehensive tools to know how much money you make, what are your most popular designs, etc..
- From the items I ordered there (postcards, notebooks, etc), the quality is good
- They react pretty fast when you contact them about art thieves (from my own experience but IDK if it’s true in general)
- Their margin is so big that you don’t make a lot of money
- If you sell anything that is a fan art, don’t tag it because otherwise, you’ll be flagged for copyright infringement. In other words, you won’t have a lot of visibility except if you manage to advertise your shop outside of RB
- Their printing is pretty dark and reddish so when you post a design, add at least 25 pts of brightness in Photoshop, desaturate it a bit and add some blue. It will look strange and wrong when you upload the pic but the printing will look good. I had several complains on artworks that had a red palette so that’s what I’m doing now
- They send you a lot of emails to let you know about this or that campaign or new stuff.
I think that’s it. I’ll edit the post if I think about some new pro/cons :) Thanks a lot for enjoying my art! Good luck with your shop and have a great weekend! ♥