So I’ve put together some of my favorite stories! I hope you all will enjoy them as much as I do!
Guys, thank you for your work and thank you for your words!
(note: be careful, some fanfics contain spoilers for s7)
Wait Out the Stormby @killians-dimples-
Killian and Emma are enjoying a day on the water when a
storm happens upon them. They decide to wait it out down below, where Killian
has some interesting ideas as to what can occupy their time. Mindless fluff and
& February Fourteenth by @cutieodonoghue- After a trip around the world, emma returns home to storybrooke,
unprepared to be suddenly entwined in killian jones’ life thanks to
ruby’s constant meddling, and her dad’s insistence that killian is off
Take creators stepping in and dismissing fan theories and interpretations of their works with a grain of salt. This is a lesson I learned early, from Anne “my vampires aren’t gay and also I might sue you” Rice.
During the peak of my Vampire Chronicles love, I – at that time, a very petty fifteen-year-old – set out to underline every single really queer moment in the whole series. Spite aside, I quickly realized that in a series where the protagonist runs away to Paris with clearly his violinist boyfriend, and convinces his next super angsty obviously boyfriend to MAKE A VAMPIRE CHILD WITH HIM to keep said angsty boyfriend from leaving, this was easier said than done.
I mean, she’s not fully wrong – Lestat’s not gay, he’s very bisexual. Louis and Nicki are both hella gay, though.
Anyway, I’ve meandered. The point is – creators can say wildly inaccurate things about their works sometimes. Anne Rice went Christian and didn’t want her books to be SUPER FUCKING QUEER anymore. Creators’ views on what they’ve made can change over the years. You never fucking know.
I’ve been seeing a few posts about online harassment, cyber bullying, and even just self loathing over the past few days. And it’s driven me to the point where I need to speak up.
Originally, I wanted to have something larger planned for this; get some of my peers involved and make a grand gesture that people could rally behind.
However, life doesn’t always go as planned. It took me longer than I had anticipated to complete this, and the momentum I used to try to get others involved waned. I’m no leader; I don’t have a commanding presence or the ability to inspire others. I’m a hobby artist with limited time.
But I still care. And I can still try.
If you find the time to re-blog this, add your story to this. You victories, your ability to persevere. The times you supported those who needed it most. Let your voice be heard.
1.See the good in your past. There will always be things that we wish had never happened; there will always be bad memories and things that we regret. But they are part of who you are – so accept that they have happened and celebrate the person they’ve allowed you to become.
2. Invest time in the things that bring you happiness. It’s important to identify the things that you enjoy, and that make you come alive, and are all a part of “you”. Spending time on those things will help to raise your self-esteem, as you’re valuing yourself when you pursue happiness.
3. Forgive yourself for your mistakes. We all make mistakes - and when we think of them we cringe. But that doesn’t make you any worse than other people. Just try and learn what you can, and then move on with your life.
4. Stop criticising yourself. So often we’re really our own worst enemy. We look for our flaws, and we put ourselves down – instead of being understanding of our own limitations. It’s time to change that behaviour – so start loving yourself.
5. Listen to your instincts and intuitions. If you want to love yourself, you must listen to yourself. Pay attention to those instincts and your instant gut reaction – and trust that you are right when you hear that inner voice.
6. Appreciate your life. Of course there are things that you wish that you could change. But some things are good, and are worth appreciating. So, focus on, appreciate, and make lots of your strengths.
I wish that no one cared and moved on easily with their lives if I died but I know my death would affect people so I can’t be so selfish and take my own life so I wish that something would make me die already …