I suppose my biggest concerns about tgre ch35 are:
- ghouls can catch colds? (According to translation by raaawrbin but idk if it was translation being lost between Japanese to Chinese to English??)
- Mirumo literally never goes to his son does he…..? Even if he’s concerned, he’s always made Kanae (or another servant?) handle it. Is this just rich family mannerisms or is there an issue between father and son?
- Tsukiyama is conscious of the trouble he causes but can’t seem to keep himself in check. Outbursts could be due to half-kakuja but who knows if he’s had violent/emotional swings all this time. Like what if he was sedated in ch12 as well?
- what is in that powder that can effectively drug a ghoul? Do conventional drugs and medicines work on ghouls? I mean, the staff at the ghoul restaurant were able to drug Kaneki, which wasn’t really explained…
- I thought Tsukiyama flashbacks were to drag out anticipation of his return but as they continue, it feels like that writing style of filling out a character’s back story before killing them off…
- similarly, Tsukiyama reminded or delegated his role as the family successor to Kanae, which is just another writing style death flag
- Kanae self-harms. I’ve seen more posts with jokes than concern and I find this abhorrent??
- Matsumae has male pronouns or was this a mistranslation? I’m cool using anything but just feel bad if I’ve used the wrong pronoun all along.
- really concerned about Matsumae’s safety too…