“Being bullied makes me feel really bad, and I often get depressed later at home.”
“It makes me walk around the rest of the day feeling worthless, like no one cares. It makes me very depressed.”
“It makes me feel bad and rather depressed. Like I don’t want to be a part of this world any more.”
“However, I feel powerless to do anything because I am scared for my own safety.”
- A 2008 study of children in grades 4-8 found that 42% had been bullied while online and that one in four had it happen more than once.
- A recent study showed that 81% of cyber bullies think that it’s funny. Other responses indicated that nearly all cyber bullies think it’s no big deal.
- Cyber bullying victims are more likely to have low self esteem and to consider suicide.
- About 75% have visited a Web site bashing another student.
- About 58% of kids admit someone has said mean or hurtful things to them online. More than four out of ten say it has happened more than once.
If you want to talk to someone about bullying, you can call 1-800-273-TALK (8255).