I always get second hand embarrassment for Rachel in TO in Barbados, when she laughs at “homo” during Ross’ speech. It makes me cringe. Ugh, I hate what they reduced her to, during that stupid Joey/Rachel arc.
A.N. This was one so much fun to write. Lets begin! I such a special place for Bambam in my heart, he’s like a little hyper active puppy that can be so adorable but annoying. lol
You know those friends that are so extra?
You know the ones that are so out there(in a good way) that you feel second hand embarrassment?
That’s Bambam always doing things that you make you feel like the embarrassed one.
He would constantly talking to random people and you would have to listen to their conversation while you were just looking around being bored out of your mind.
He was such an extrovert
Always doing new things and taking you everywhere with him
He wanted you to be out there experiencing life
He knew you were too comfortable in your own little world so he always made you do new things
You never really minded though because he’s just trying to do new things with you
Even though you never tell him you love doing these things with him.
Because if you did he would hold it against you
But when he’s not acting like a total weirdo in private he would be 25% less crazy.
He would constantly be bored if you just were watching tv/movie.
Somehow he would create this weird game is “guess how many times this character says this one word. Who ever guesses the right number or close to the number, the losers has to buy the winner food.”
His rules would be too complicated, so you lose interest quickly.
It was only near the time where he would fall asleep is where he would be insanely calm.
But whenever he would spend the night at your place, he always wanted to cuddle with you so he could fall asleep.
But instead he would constantly hit you while he was asleep so you would have to sleep on the floor or the couch.
“Bambam you’re not allowed to sleep over anymore.”
“YOU KEEP HITTING ME IN YOUR SLEEP!”
“NOT MY FAULT I’M NOT AWAKE WHEN I DO IT!”
You would always nag at him
You were like his mother but like how could you not? This kid is always doing something stupid.
Like taking selca’s/selfie’s with random strangers, complimenting strangers, randomly dancing in the middle of the streets, buying matching shirts so you and him could match and look like best friends even though people think you’re dating but you really aren’t.
You pretty much have to protect him from all things at all times.
He always told you great things about you because he loves you.
Never doubts your friendships.
Usually an open book with his feelings with you but theres days where he doesn’t want to talk about it, so you have to remind him that you’ll there wit him till the very end. You appreciate him for being his weird true self and he would appreciate you for basically being his rock.
“Y/N what would I do without you.”
“You would probably get arrested for being too much.”
“Okay. Look. Im trying to have this nice moment you don’t need to shit all over it.”
– Constant second hand embarrassment because he thinks always is a perfect time to show off his butt dance.
– Chensing machine never sleeps.
– All the members encouraging his dance like “Go Jongdae, go Jongdae” and you’re in the corner like, “Jongdae don’t.”
– Such a terrible schedule for you two because he always changes his mind on doing things and you never know if you’re going to bed at 9 p.m or 5 a.m.
– Jongdae always drops little secret hints and things when doing interviews, like insiders between you two that make really no sense to anyone, but it’s sweet to you.
– Jongdae’s singing 24/7. Always hitting them high notes. Always.
– Him singing to you when you’re stressed. He’ll get too stressed himself if he watches you over work yourself so usually he’ll pull you to your feet despite you’re whining and you both dance to his soft singing.
– Being the one in the crowd with the poster that has his name in big sloppy words because he made it for himself.
– He really just wants to be apart of everything you do.
– Jongdae’s smart ass mouth always making you second guess your decisions in life.
– Movie dates with Jongdae where he lets you choose the movie and then complains about it throughout the entire thing.
– Matching fuzzy socks that y’all had to go to like seven different stores to find.
– Tiny things you consider dates because he’s always gone and every moment you spend with him is precious to you like cooking dinner, watching t.v, walking to the store, ect.
– Your heart hurting to the point of tears when you see Baekhyun post videos of Jongdae singing and the goosebumps are painful.
– You giving him encouraging pep talks to him whenever he screws up on stage or his voice cracks.
– Baking him brownies like he loves and surprising him at the studio.
– Having to leave the studio because you’re just there handing out brownies and Jongdae’s practicing his vocals, being all extra and annoying Kyungsoo so you gotta leave before something goes down.
– Constant teasing from him no matter what you do, which you usually just come back with, “Yeah? Least I’m average height.”
– Buying him snacks and coffee because now he won’t talk to you all day and you’re just like, “Jongdaaae~” then he turns to you and mocks your voice then the entire cycle starts over again.
– Innuendos left and right. Like he could just be sipping his coffee and accidentally slurps, then when you look up at him he’ll just wiggle his eye brows.
– Sleeping when he comes home at some point in the night, singing soft love songs as he wakes you, and you’re weakly protesting because you’re tired but he just continues until you comply with letting him slide your shirt and panties off of your body.
– Jongdae’s moans are absolutely beautiful, but he craves yours more. Sometimes it’ll just end up with his face buried between your thighs for hours.
– You starring at his face the next morning thinking to yourself, “Maybe that’s why his jaw line is so sharp.”
– He’s a sarcastic ass person and vertically challenged but he’s soft on the inside and he’ll never admit it, but his favorite thing is to just clutch you to his chest or hold your hand tight when you go out just because it humbles him to know that you’re still close to him.
A lot of hand-holding, kisses on the cheek and embraces in public because he wants to assure you that he’s there for you, no matter what the time is or where you are.
Him doing the silliest of things to put a smile to your face, even after you’ve told him over and over again to stop.
Hearing a lot of sassy and witty comments the majority of the time.
Going to the gym and working out with him for a while before you catch him with chocolate covering his mouth in the night and hearing him tell you he tells you he’s given up on his abs, that food is just too good and that you both should not diet before he invites you over to have some chocolate with him.
Whether you’re in public or in the comfort of your own home, there will always be second-hand embarrassment.
Dates would be hilarious and fun, going to fancy restaurants and only requesting you eat something like you’d get from McDonald’s, going ice-skating and falling onto your butts or him setting up a candlelight dinner that only involves eating your favorite kind of pizza and whatever drink there is in the fridge.
Feeling your heart flutter everytime he does something cheesy or cute because you find his actions, as well as him endearing.
Having bubble baths together after he comes back from a long day at work.
Constantly being reminded of how caring and sweet he is, whether he leaves little love letters in the house for you or him taking care of you when you’re sick, he always takes care of you and is incredibly sweet about it which warms your heart.
Hearing a lot of singing in the house, both good and bad.
Him loving you gently and with everything he’s got, always wanting to show you how important you are to him and showing you how much he appreciated you being in his life.
I hope stella and mary and heather and james all call paul a dweeb and instead of getting him ‘worlds best dad’ t shirts they get him ‘worlds biggest nerd’ t shirt and he brings them shirts that say ‘my dad left to go on world tour and all i got was this stupid t shirt’ and hes like remember kids dont let anyone see my sheep theyre too old its embarrassing and so the kids bring their friends to pauls house like ‘these are my dads sheep hes very insecure about them look how old they are’ and when paul tells stories everyone says shut up and nancy says ‘why did i even marry you’ and paul says ‘that is not what you said last night’ and everyone in his family is just always dealing with second hand embarrassment bc their dad kisses them on the lips in public
KEII I'M SCREAMING. I tried to read "Buttons" but it was too much and I'm dying oh my god thank you
LOL it’s always so hard for me to get through these types of things because i always feel a huge wave of second hand embarrassment. Like when I’m alone at my house while I’m reading fics, I just SCREAM AND THROW MY PHONE ACROSS MY BED. I have to cover my face and just say “omg why” all over before I can start reading again ahaha BUT IT’S SO GOOD LMAOOO the fact that zen and seven were… while yoosung was– ah!! (/)///(\)
It’s funny bc I realized this is the second fanart I drew based off of shinykarissa’s fics ahaha her work is just pure gold lmao
When the Wild Zany Person™
from Magical Far Off Land™
doesn’t understand basic social standards in the way of ignoring people’s personal boundaries… and the protagonist, for some assbackwards reason, does not instantly drop them on their ass alone, and then vehemently refuse any attempts at reconnection by said
Wild Zany Person™.
Don’t use incessant lack of respect towards the kind of social convention that can cause distress and harm to other human beings as the sign that this person only knows their Zany Otherworld Social Standards™. Especially do not show people grinning and bearing it. It will either make an association between foreigners and being rude and uninformed, or make it seem like asking for someone to respect your personal boundaries is rude and wrong. Neither of these things are good and it drives me crazy when I see it happen.
Not to mention the second hand embarrassment that ALWAYS exists with this trope.