Here is scientific evidence that the Bible is no ordinary book: ● Jeremiah 33:22 (written 2,500 years ago):“As the host of heaven cannot be numbered,nor the sand of the sea measured…” The Bible claims that the stars are uncountable (“host of heaven”is the biblical term for the stars). When this statement was made,no one knew how vast the number of stars was,as only about 1,100 were observable.Now we know that there are an estimated septillion—or more—stars,and that they cannot be numbered.
● Job 26:7 (written 3,500 years ago):“He hangs the earth on nothing.” At a time when it was believed that the earth sat on a large animal,the Bible stated that the earth freely floated in space.Scientists now know this is the case.
● Leviticus 17:11 (written 3,000 years ago):“For the life of the flesh is in the blood.” The great biological truth concerning the importance of blood in our body’s mechanism has been fully comprehended only in recent years.Up until 120 years ago,sick people were “bled,”and many died because of the practice.We now know that blood is essential to life.If you lose too much blood,you will lose your life.
● Leviticus 15:13 (written 3,000 years ago):“And when he who has a discharge is cleansed of his discharge,then he shall count for himself seven days for his cleansing,wash his clothes,and bathe his body in running water;then he shall be clean.” The Bible said that when dealing with disease,we should wash under running water.Because the presence of microscopic diseases was unknown,up until 170 years ago doctors washed their hands in a basin of still water,spreading diseases and resulting in the death of multitudes.We now know that hands should be washed under running water.
● Job 38:35 (written 3,500 years ago):“Can you send out lightnings,that they may go,and say to you, ‘Here we are!’?” This appears to be a scientifically ludicrous statement—that light can be sent,and then manifest itself in speech.But did you know that radio waves move at the speed of light? This is why you can have instantaneous wireless communication with someone on the other side of the earth.Science didn’t discover this until 1864 when “British scientist James Clerk Maxwell suggested that electricity and light waves were two forms of the same thing”(Modern Century Illustrated Encyclopedia,Vol.12).
● Isaiah 40:22 (written 2,800 years ago):“It is He who sits above the circle of the earth.” The Bible informs us here that the earth is round.This is not a reference to a flat disk,as some skeptics maintain,but to a sphere.At a time when science believed that the earth was flat,it was the Scriptures that inspired Christopher Columbus to sail around the world.He wrote:“It was the Lord who put it into my mind.I could feel His hand upon me…there is no question the inspiration was from the Holy Spirit because He comforted me with rays of marvelous illumination from the Holy Scriptures…” (from his diary,in reference to his discovery of“the New World”).
● Job 38:19 (written 3,500 years ago):“Where is the way to the dwelling of light?” Man has only in recent centuries discovered that light (electromagnetic radiation) has a “way,”traveling at 186,000 miles per second.
● Genesis 1:1,2 (written 3,500 years ago):“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth… And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.” Science expresses the universe in five terms: time,space,matter,power,and motion.“In the beginning [time] God created [power] the heavens [space] and the earth [matter]…And the Spirit ofGod was hovering [motion] over the face of the waters.”The first thing God tells man is that He controls all aspects of the universe.
● Psalm 8:8:“…and the fish of the sea that pass through the paths of the seas.” Man discovered the existence of ocean currents in the 1850s,but the Bible declared the science of oceanography thousands of years ago.Matthew Maury (1806–1873),considered the father of oceanography,noticed the expression “paths of the sea”in Psalm 8.“If God said there are paths in the sea,” Maury said,“I am going to find them.”He took God at His word and went looking for these paths,and we are indebted to him for discovering the warm and cold continental currents.His book on oceanography remains a basic text on the subject and is still used in universities.
● Jonah 2:6 (written 2,800 years ago):“I went down to the moorings of the mountains…” When Jonah was in the depths of the ocean,he spoke of going down to the bottoms of the mountains. Only in recent years has man discovered that there are mountains on the ocean floor.The greatest ocean depth has been measured in the Mariana Trench,at around 36,000 feet below sea level.By contrast,Mount Everest is about 29,000 feet high.
● Amos 9:6 (written 2,800 years ago):“He…calls for the waters ofthe sea,and pours them out on the face of the earth—the Lord is His name.” The Mississippi River dumps over six million gallons of water per second into the Gulf of Mexico. Where does all that water go? And that’s just one of thousands of rivers.The answer lies in the hydrologic cycle,so well brought out in the Bible.The Scriptures inform us,“All the rivers run into the sea, yet the sea is not full;to the place from which the rivers come,there they return again”(Ecclesiastes 1:7). Psalm 135:7 tells us that God “causes the vapors to ascend from the ends of the earth.”Ecclesiastes 11:3 states that “if the clouds are full of rain,they empty themselves upon the earth.”The idea of a complete water cycle was not fully understood until the seventeenth century,but 2,400 years earlier the Scriptures clearly spoke of a water cycle.
● Ecclesiastes 1:6:“The wind goes toward the south,and turns around to the north;the wind whirls about continually,and comes again on its circuit.” The wind does indeed have a “circuit.”The Bible described this cycle of air currents almost three thousand years before scientists discovered them.
● Job 38:12,14 (written 3,500 years ago):“Have you commanded the morning since your days began, and caused the dawn to know its place…? It [the earth] takes on form like clay under a seal,and stands out like a garment.” Modern science has come to understand that the earth’s rotation on its axis is responsible for the sun’s rising and setting.The picture here is of a clay vessel being turned or rotated on the potter’s wheel—an accurate analogy of the earth’s rotation.
● Psalm 19:4–6:“In them He has set a tabernacle for the sun,which is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber…Its rising is from one end of heaven,and its circuit to the other end;and there is nothing hidden from its heat.” Bible critics have scoffed at these verses,claiming they teach that the sun revolves around the earth. Scientists once thought the sun was stationary.Then it was discovered in recent years that the sun is in fact moving through space at approximately 600,000 miles per hour.It is traveling through the heavens and has a “circuit”just as the Bible says.Its circuit is so large that it would take an estimated 200 million years to complete one orbit.
● Genesis 2:1 (after creation):“Thus the heavens and the earth,and all the host of them,were finished.” The original Hebrew uses the past definite tense for the verb “finished,”indicating an action completed in the past,never again to occur.The creation was “finished”—once and for all.That is what the First Law of Thermodynamics states: that neither matter nor energy can be either created or destroyed. There is no “creation”ongoing today.It is “finished”exactly as the Bible declares.
● Hebrews 1:10,11 (written 2,000 years ago):“You,Lord,in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,and the heavens are the work ofYour hands.They will perish,but You remain;and they will all grow old like a garment.” Three times the Bible says that the earth is wearing out.This is what the Second Law of Thermodynamics (the law of increasing entropy) states: that in all physical processes,every ordered system over time tends to become more disordered.Everything is running down and wearing out as energy is becoming less and less available for use.That means the universe will eventually “wear out”to the extent that (theoretically speaking) there will be a “heat death”and therefore no more energy available for use.This wasn’t discovered by man until fairly recently,but the Bible states it in clear,succinct terms.
● Genesis 17:12:“He who is eight days old among you shall be circumcised,every male child in your generations…” The Bible consistently says that male infants must be circumcised on the eighth day,because this is the day that the coagulating factor in the blood,called prothrombin,is the highest.Medical science has discovered that this is when the human body’s immune system is at its peak.
● Genesis 3:15:“And I will put enmity between you and the woman,and between your seed and her seed;it shall bruise your head,and you shall bruise his heel.” This verse reveals that a female possesses the “seed of life.”This was not the common knowledge until a few centuries ago.It was widely believed that only the male possessed the “seed of life”and that the woman was nothing more than a glorified incubator.
● Isaiah 40:22 (written 2,800 years ago):“It is He who…stretches out the heavens like a curtain,and spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.” Scientists now know that the universe is expanding,or stretching out.At least seven times in Scripture we are clearly told that God stretches out the heavens like a curtain. These scientific and prophetic facts prove that the Bible is no ordinary book; it is supernatural in origin,as it so often claims.It is the Word of God,stating “Thus says the Lord”3,800 times.There is no other book in any of the world’s religions (Bhagavad Gita,Vedas,Quran,Book of Mormon,etc.) that contain perfectly accurate prophetic and scientific truth.In fact,they contain statements that are clearly erroneous and unscientific.
Officially, on September 13, 2000, a giant meteorite descended upon the South Pole. A huge explosion resulted, melting the ice and generating massive tidal waves, which in turn caused the sea level to rise several tens of meters. Collectively, more than 2 billion people on the islands of the Southern Hemisphere died.
The energy from the explosion knocked the Earth off its axis, producing climate change on a global scale; Japan became a country of perpetual summer. Many places around the world suffered drought, flooding, volcanic eruptions, abnormal weather patterns, and other calamities as a result of this Second Impact. Economic panic and civil war erupted in every nation.
Truth is that mankind discovered a humanoid lifeform, designated the first Angel, there, at the South Pole. The well-publicized theory that it was caused by a giant meteorite is the product of rigged intelligence.
Adam, the First Angel — and the cause of Second Impact — was discovered by the Katsuragi Research Team at the South Pole. It was courtesy of Seele’s funding that the Katsuragi Team discovered the White Moon, which contained Adam and the Spear of Longinus.
Adam was awakened by mankind. The Katsuragi Investigation Team frantically attempted to reseal Adam using the Spear of Longinus, but failed. Ultimately, through the phenomenon of the S² Engine apparently going into overdrive by artificial means (details are vague due to the team’s complete annihilation), it became that only an absolute catastrophe — the resetting of all life due to the disappearance of A.T. Fields, and the construction of an ecosystem with an Adam base — was prevented. This is called the Second Impact. The incident blew Adam completely apart.
get to know me meme: [1/5] favorite female characters => Haseki Hürrem Sultan(Magnificent Century)
When I look at this now, our fanbase was holding on 40% of what we saw on screen and 60% on our own fantasies.
The Magnificent Century did bury and step on many historical prototypes it was based on, however, it managed to show us something extra that no book would be ever capable to do: her daily charm, grace and “SULTANA” written all over her face. Every frame with her is precious. Every scene screams of her beauty and power. Just to think that she was dragged to Turkey after her whole family (and village) was slaughtered and she was made a slave.
We did enjoy her battles with this infinite “roalty” and the way she loved her husband, her children. Life made her play a cruel game in order for all of them to even have the honor to stay alive. She kicked major fucking ass, but sadly, Turkey has quite a complicated relationship with this lady, so all her in-show adventures were just nothing compared to her actual real life.
This lady, guys, didn’t only manage to draw sultan Suleyman’s attention almost right when she appeared in the palace (while most concubines never get a fucking chance to even see his face in their whole lifetime). She managed to control Istanbul’s finances while Suleyman was at wars. He left being broke, and came back seeing that she expanded local ports and trade to such extends that MOOLA started flowing in like it’s a second fucking Genesis flood.
She spoke like seven languages and was exchanging letters with other big monarchs of that time (good ol’ ~1525-1558), meeting with ambassadors, funding and building schools, mosques and other complexes, supporting art, doing charity. My, Suleyman was getting all the information about the civil world during his wars only from Hürrem.
Suleyman made her his only woman, dismissing the whole fucking harem in the palace - read Topkapi’s finances book, the expenses on harem during his rule were zero, because there was no fucking harem anymore, other women can just go and fuck themselves. Suleyman had approximately 13 children, 9-10 of which did exist, and six of them were from Hürrem. Their son Selim became the next sultan, y'know. He wrote so much poetry about her, and handmade so many jewellery (which is present in the show, thanks here). Moreover, he freed her, and married her.
Consider this, it’s the first half of 1500s, the Ottoman Empire, sultans had to have harems, prefered “one woman - one child” policy, and Suleyman in particular was the senpai all men and women were craving for - great in literally everything, the ruler we all deserve, the dream of any girl and the horror of all European monarchy. And he didn’t only make Hürrem a free woman - free, not a slave anymore, the status that stays with every concubine till the rest of her days - he married her. The Empire went fucking apeshit, it went against all unspoken rules for a sultan, it was considered a fucking disaster, Hürrem remained a “Russian witch” EVEN TO THESE FUCKING DAYS in the eyes of some Turks because of this sorcery - but Suleyman doesn’t give a shit. He made up a new title for her - haseki - and since there was no valide (sultan’s mother) around anymore she was the most. fucking. powerful. person. in harem, so the head of everything that operates in the palace. Thanks to foreign ambassadors, we know that a wedding took place - locally, any mention of it was erased, you will never find it in any Turkish source. They deny it, and it makes this even better.
Hürrem was the shit, she ruled the world, her and her husband were like Chip and Dale of the Medieval, working together to make Turkey the most powerful country in the world, making their rule truly deserve the name of “magnificent century”.
You’re even asking why she’s my favorite character, hoo-hoo.
comebackwhen asked for Sephiroth/Genesis where they pretend to hate each other.
Angeal had been frowning as Genesis and Sephiroth were escorted into the labs. He had every right to. The apparent rivalry between the two of them had led to both of them getting injured and sent to the labs in the first place.
Yes, Angeal’s frown and little head shake was well deserved.
Genesis still pouted as Sephiroth got carted off first. He knew he was old enough to just frown in disappointment like Angeal did, but the pout still came out.
It wasn’t fair that Sephiroth got special treatment. True, that special treatment sometimes meant spending extra “tests” with that creep Hojo or getting an experimental mako mixture that sometimes made him sick for days, but it still burned. Sephiroth was always put first and anyone else second.
Genesis had cooled off when he was shoved out. It hadn’t taken that long for him…but Sephiroth was still inside. What the hell were they doing to him now.
It took another twenty minutes before Sephiroth stumbled out, still obviously under the effects of some sort of drug mixture. He seemed far too…happy.
“What the hell were they doing to you in there?” Genesis asked, not that he really cared. He wasn’t out here, making sure Sephiroth actually got released from the labs because he cared.
“Testing out a truth serum,” Sephiroth said with a little giggle. It was almost…cute. Not that Genesis would like Sephiroth any better if he was cute.
“Why?” Genesis asked, once again, not because he cared.
“Hojo gives me one everytime I do something stupid,” Sephiroth said, “I’m almost immune to them.”
“I can tell,” Genesis said drily as Sephiroth wavered a little on his feet. Sephiroth would probably be a very happy, cute drunk…with enough alcohol.
“Pfft,” Sephiroth said flapping a lazy arm, “I am too. I didn’t tell them that I liked you.” That got Genesis to pause.
“You like me?” he asked, his disbelief dripping from his voice.
“Yeah,” Sephiroth said, “that’s why I said you shouldn’t go to Wutai next rotation. I wanna make sure you’re here when I get back.”
“So…why did you pretend to hate me back?” Genesis said, holding on to Sephiroth’s elbow when he leaned a little too far to the right for his comfort.
“I dunno,” Sephiroth said, “It looked like it made you happy.” Genesis snorted, then stiffened when Sephiroth leaned into his shoulder.
“Mmm,” Sephiroth hummed, “you smell nice.” Genesis bit back a laugh. He was so using this as blackmail later.
“Really,” Genesis said, egging the not-so-stoic Sephiroth on a little more.
“Mmm,” Sephiroth nodded, “and you’re fun to spar with…you show off a little too much…but it looks cool.”
“Cool,” Genesis said. He hadn’t been aware that word was in Sephiroth’s vocabulary. It was official. Genesis was going to get Sephiroth drunk one day.
“So, as I escort you back to your rooms…why don’t you tell me what else you like about me,” Genesis said, wrapping Sephiroth’s arm around his neck.
Angeal was still waiting for then as Genesis helped Sephiroth stumble towards the elevator. Genesis, however, wasn’t in the mood for the lecture.
“Not now,” Genesis said, “I’m getting my ego preened.” Sephiroth simply continued to sloppily describe how he wanted to get his ears pierced, but was too worried he’d look like he was copying Genesis to actually do it.
That was the point where Genesis broke down and admitted that Sephiroth was quite purely…precious.