This is a list of miniseries; dramas over 50 episodes and webdramas have been excluded. I also chose to ignore the split in episodes recently done by some broadcasting stations. Episode counts will be left at the original hour long total for each day. Lastly, if there is a question mark (?) next to a start date, it is a date that I guessed based on previous dramas’ end dates and is subject to change. Happy watching~
The Best Hit - June 2
Romance, Comedy, Family
KBS - 16 episodes
Yoon Shi Yoon, Cha Tae Hyun, Kim Min Jae, Lee Se Young
First KBS Fri/Sat drama since The Producers
Duel - June 3
Sci-fi, Suspense, Thriller
OCN - 16 episodes
Jung Jae Young, Kim Jung Eum, Yang Se Jong, Seo Eun Soo
Airing after Tunnel
Stranger (a.k.a. Secret Forest) - June 10
Drama, Law, Thriller
TvN - 16 episodes
Jo Seung Woo, Bae Doo Na, Lee Joon Hyuk
Airing after Chicago Typewriter
Woman of Dignity - June 16
JTBC - 20 episodes
Kim Hee Sun, Kim Sun Ah, Lee Ki Woo, Shim Hyung Tak
Airing after Man to Man
Bride of the Water God - July 3
Fantasy, Romance, Manga
TvN - 16 episodes
Nam Joo Hyuk, Shin Se Kyung, Krystal, Gong Myung, Im Joo Hwan
Airing after Circle
The King Loves - July 17
Historical, Melodrama, Romance
MBC - 20 episodes
Im Siwan, Yoona, Hong Jong Hyun, Park Hwan Hee
Airing after Lookout
School 2017 - July 17
KBS - 16 episodes
Kim Se Jeong, Kim Jung Hyun, Jang Dong Yoon, Seol In Ah
Airing after Fight For My Way
Reunited Worlds- July 19
Fantasy, Romance, Supernatural
SBS - 20 episodes
Lee Yeon Hee, Yeo Jin Goo, Jung Chae Yeon, Ahn Jae Hyun
Airing after Suspicious Partner
Man Who Dies To Live - July 19
MBC - 24 episodes
Choi Min Soo, Kang Ye Won, Shin Sung Rok
Airing after Ruler: Master of the Mask
Fabrication (a.k.a. Falsify) - July 24
SBS - 16 episodes
Nam Goong Min, Uhm Ji Won, Jun Hye Bin, Yoo Joon Sang
7 Days by twriter12 AU. It’s been almost a year since the
survivors arrived in Alexandria. In safety and comfort, Rick starts a
new life with Michonne. That happiness is threatened when Rick awakes
from an injury and doesn’t remember his new life.
The Art of Control by avintagekiss24
Maggie Greene has always been Michonne’s
Achilles heel. Whatever the green eyed beauty wants, Michonne usually
gives. So, when Maggie suggests a night out at one of her famous social
mixers, Michonne obliges. Unbeknownst to all, a blue eyed stranger will
shift her actuality from distinct to obscure. Limits will be tested,
desires will be realized, and no one will be left the same.
Bad Thangs by kendrawriter32 Rick and Michonne are putting the pieces back together after
the walker herd hit Alexandria hard, and the losses it brought them.
With Maggie pregnant and the future for them all to consider, Michonne
knows exactly what she wants, and so does Rick. They want each other.
And they will have each other. In as many ways, on as many surfaces, in
as many positions as they can get each other. The only question is who
they’ll hurt, and what plans they’ll derail, in the process. Richonne
smut, with a dash of angsty romance, stirred in with some plot. Enjoy!
Before The ReignTheBaeTide
Set Before ‘Sympathy for the Devil’ and
long before 'Just Call me Lucifer’, this is the story of how Rick
obsessed Rick and flawless Michonne came to be, starting from their
first encounter. AU. No Walkers
Epic Love By: 2violetflower15
Rick and Michonne navigate their way through an unexpected pregnancy. (Set post 6x16, about 4 months after the couch scene.)
Fires by reciprocityfic “Because sometimes fires burn to make
way for something new…something beautiful.” The evolution of Rick and
Michonne’s relationship throughout the course of season seven.
Girls With Brown EyesTheBaeTide
Rick has been stuck in an undesirable
position with his wife for months, and just as it begins to take its
tole on him, he finds a reason to try happiness, over torture
The Great Wait by Nattah_GudgrrlJudith’s baby monitor spills the beans about Rick’s secret feelings for Michonne…Happiness for all my favorite characters! (because I’m a sap who
can’t deal with tragedy very well) Ending with Richonne’s first time.
(Because I need more swirl in my life) Kill me.
Law & Order by love.devil.movies.baby
It was just a normal day at the office
until Michonne looked out the window to see two police officers brawling
in the street. Now she feels compelled to help out the handsome cop
who’s fighting for custody with his cheating wife and best friend. It
should have been a straight forward case, but she and Rick seem to be
spending more time together than necessary…Richonne AU
Me & You
Rick and Michonne enjoy some down time after the events of the mid-season finale.
My Best Friend’s Wedding by cakeby_thepound
Michonne and Rick recently ended a seven-year relationship, and now,
Glenn and Maggie’s wedding is forcing them back together for the first
time since the last time. (Richonne AU.)
Palm Trees by cakeby_thepound
Rick and Michonne have been friends for years. They’ve seen one another
through everything – marriage, divorce, new life, and even death. Now,
as they look to leave the past behind, an island getaway with their
closest friends may prove to be a second chance at life. And a first
chance at romance… if they’re willing to take it. (Richonne AU.)
Red Dirt Road by Siancore AU Richonne. This is focused on teenaged
Richonne. Set in rural Georgia where Michonne has been spending her
summer vacation visiting with family. Both she and Rick meet one day on
Old Route 3 and a surprising friendship blossoms.
Ride by cakeby_thepound
“Every April, the county fair would come into town with a setup like
this,” Rick fondly recalled, surveying the scene around him. He and
Michonne had stumbled onto what was once the campus of a middle school,
where a small carnival had been constructed in its parking lot. They
were supposed to be on a weapons run, but in reality, it’d turned into a
search for anything useful. And if nothing else, schools tended to have
plenty of bathroom tissue and cafeteria food. “We would take Carl,” he
went on to say. “Make a whole weekend out of it.
Seven Days by RickRhymes "She knew, in her gut, if she started
something with Rick, it wasn’t going to end with a one night stand. For
either of them.” Richonne short story. Pre-apocalypse AU.
Something New by dimples33 Ghanaian Princess Michonne Edo Okeke
comes to the US to meet her betrothed Prince Desmond Umaze and to
further her studies and falls in love with another man. (Rick, Michonne,
Lori, Andrea, Maggie, Sasha, Daryl, Shane and others.) AU, No walkers.
After surviving a herd and an explosion with Rick, Michonne feels alive.
Rick, on the other hand, is preoccupied with what could’ve gone wrong.
Despite being constrained by an occupied car, Michonne decides to give
him some of her optimism. Set in 6x09 Rock in the Road.
1) Does Aria Have Multiple Personalities? Aria has definitely been traveling down a villainous path this season, and King revealed that was all thanks to Lucy Hale’s off-screen requests. “[Lucy] has wanted to be bad for so long and it really took us a while to figure out how we could make Aria see her dark side,” King said.
But Aria’s dalliance with A.D., and her most recent spell of frantically talking to herself in the car, has many fans wondering if she could have a split personality. King was quick to squash those rumors, saying, “Aria does not have multiple personalities.” King added that when Aria was talking to the dead body in her trunk, that was her way of “regulating herself” in a severely stressful situation.
2) Why Was the “He’s Coming For You!” Scene a Dream? “I’ll be super honest, when we were first shot it, we didn’t know who [‘he’] was – and that’s a spoiler right there!” King confessed. “It was a last minute decision to add that scene to the script because we just wanted to give fans a sense of what that flash-forward was going to look like. And for a year and a half we have been pondering like, 'Who was it? Who was it?’ We knew we were going to kill Archer, so it could be him, and then we just thought, 'You know what? Let’s just really have fun with it in a Pretty Little Liars thriller sort of way and make it a nightmare.’”
3) Was the Chalkboard in Emily’s Dream Hinting at an Emison Wedding? In Emily’s dream-turned-nightmare, fans were quick to notice that Alison was writing out all of her various alias from the past seven seasons – including “Alison DiLaurentis-Fields.” Gasp! Was this a premonition for Emison’s romantic future? “I mean it is a dream, but we love to drop easter eggs and hints, so maybe,” King teased. “Tune in next week for sure you’ll find out.”
4) When Did the Cast Discover A.D.’s Identity? “A lot of people found out at the table read because we didn’t give the scripts out ahead of time because we didn’t want them to get out into the world,” King revealed. “The person who is A.D. asked me not to tell anyone because that person didn’t want to affect certain scenes in certain ways.”
While King was tight-lipped on who is playing A.D., the showrunner was open about when she spilled the shocking truth to the unnamed actor. “That was a separate conversation that I had with that person fairly early on when the decision was made that they would be A.D. because it affected a lot of that person’s performances.”
5) Where Are the Biggest A.D. Easter Eggs Hidden? King says there have been many A.D. clues sprinkled over the years in PLL, but these “last 10 episodes” hold the juiciest secrets. “We’ve dropped a lot of Easter eggs intentionally into them because we wanted fans to have a really good chance to figure this out and to be right,” she said. “So the A.D. reveal is very important but then the understanding of [why] is equally as important. That’s why [the finale] is two hours, so the fans and the Pretty Little Liars can all process it all at the same time.”
6-9) Lay These Lingering Cece Rumors to Rest… Following last week’s shocking reveal that Mona accidentally killed Charlotte, many fans still had lingering questions, such as…
- When did A.D. steal the game from Charlotte? “I want to make sure that fans understand that everybody is interwoven, but as one story ends another begins,” King explained. “With the reveal of Mona, then it became the Charlotte story. And then with the reveal of Charlotte becomes this A.D. So this AD is separate in terms of playing the game from those other A ’s - Who is the one who posed Cece’s lifeless body at the bottom of the tower with the purple flowers? "Mona,” King answered.
- Does that mean we can put the rumors about Melissa’s suitcase handle being the murder weapon to rest? “Yes,” she said.
- Why did you ultimately decide to have Mona kill Charlotte? “She’s the most loyal friend to Hanna, but she has poor judgment as well, and she can’t not get caught up in these games,” King said. “This idea that Charlotte was going to continue the game really put Hanna’s life at risk. [Murdering Charlotte] wasn’t something that [Mona] intended to do, she really did just want to scare her.”
10) Who Gave Alison a Bloody Lip Back in Season 3? Way back in season three, episode 23, Veronica Hastings recalled a flashback in which Alison stumbled into Spencer’s house in the middle of the night sporting a bloody lip. Alison refused to reveal who assaulted her and weakly tried to blame the injury on a tree branch. So who hurt Ali? “It wasn’t a tree, but during that episode in Ali’s life she was really sort of taunting and torturing the girls about these older people that she was hanging out with,” King explained. “I will tell you that in the writers room, we never said specifically who [exactly] it was [who bloodied Alison’s lip,] but it was that group of people… college kids. The same group of kids who threw that poor girl down the stairs, and broke her leg.”
11) What’s the Deal With the NAT Club? For the longest time, Pretty Little Liars dangled lingering questions about Rosewood High’s mysterious NAT club, and we’re curious to know if we should still care. “They just sort of they grew up. It was a group of people who were peeping toms; they were spying on people for kicks,” King explained. “As the tapes got out and as the secrets got out, that was what got people killed – like Garrett.” So will this topic return in the finale? “I feel like we sort of dealt with that in the season 5A finale,” she concluded.
12) Who’s Coming Back For the Finale? As we approach the two-hour series finale, many fan favorite characters will be returning to Rosewood for our last goodbye , but some – like Jason DiLaurentis – will be noticeably M.I.A. “[Jason] is not going to be in the finale. There are a couple of actors that we really tried to get but either they were booked on other shows and legally they can’t come back to us and he’s one of those,” King admitted. “But somebody we tried all season to we get back who is in the finale and on another show is Melissa, Torrey Devitto, so we were really excited about that.” And as for Paige? “I’m not going to say,” she said cryptically.
13) How Did the Moms Get Out of the Basement? King confirmed that most of the Liars’ moms who are “still alive” will also be making a grand return to Rosewood. To make matters even sweeter, the moms will also be addressing one of the biggest unsolved mysteries of the series: How did the moms get out of the basement?! As you well remember, 'A’ trapped the moms in Alison’s basement at the end of 6A, but we never saw them leave. “[Their escape from the basement] is discussed, King said. "It’s not shown, but it’s discussed – maybe not completely in the way you want, but it is discussed.”
14 – 19) Rapid-Fire Finale Questions… - Which couple has the most shocking moment in the finale? “Emison,” King answered.
- Are there any masks involved? “There is at least one mask in the finale, maybe two,” King promised. “I won’t tell you whose mask it is, but they’re very realistic looking masks.”
- How many weddings will we witness in the finale? “If I tell you that it ruins the first hour of the finale for you, so I’m not going to tell you the answer to that one,” King said coyly.
- Which character has changed the most after the one-year time jump? “Toby,” she teased.
- Will there be a murder in the finale? “There’s a shooting. I can tell you that,” she said. “There’s a shooting.”
20) What Happens in Pretty Little Liars’ Very Last Scene? We’re absolutely dying to know how Pretty Little Liars very last scene will play out. Will it be a happy ending, a shocking reveal or a lingering cliffhanger? Although she couldn’t reveal specifics, King teased that the series will end with a “full circle moment.”
“It’s like a bonus,” she added. “Although this show ends, this world continues. The mythology of this town will always go on. It’s not going to end with Pretty Little Liars.”
21) Could The Perfectionists Be a Pretty Little Liars Spinoff? We already grilled Sasha Pieterse and Shay Mitchell about the possibility of an Emison spinoff, and King reiterated that “anything is possible” when it comes to life after PLL. However, we’re desperate to know if King’s next project, The Perfectionists – based on another best-selling Sarah Shepherd book series – would connect to the events in Pretty Little Liars. “It could. It could be in the same universe or it could feel like a similar universe,” King teased. “I would love to be honest about everything, but it’s still too early. I’m hoping in the next couple weeks we can talk more about that.”
i’ll always keep you warm and safe and guard you with my sword
This is obviously incredibly late, but I still wanted to participate in axgweek this year, so I’m going to get a story out for each of these prompts eventually.
For the Wedding prompt, AryaxGendry wedding styled after Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann’s wedding in Pirates of the Caribbean.
This is set some time in Season 7, of if you’re a book reader, whenever it is that the White Walkers manage to get past the Wall. For purposes of the story, let’s assume Jon is already King of the Seven Kingdoms.
The battle between the men (and women) of Westeros and the White Walkers and their army was waging on the Gift, the fields just south of the Wall. Or what was left of it.
As usual, Arya and Gendry could be found in the thick of it, surrounded by wolves, both human and animal. Gendry’s large war hammer and Arya’s Dark Sister, half of Ice re-forged by Gendry, rang metal-on-metal as they tore swiftly through swarms of the Others.
They were never far from each other during a battle, not since they had reunited. They fought well together, intuitively predicting each other’s moves, planning strategies together without a word in the very midst of the fight.
“Sideface!” Arya shouted suddenly.
Gendry, the only one in the vicinity who knew what she was talking about swiftly twirled so he was standing sideways, narrowly missing the icy blade of a wight whose head was suddenly dismembered by Arya’s sword.
Gendry smiled wolfishly at Arya who returned the grin. And then he was tearing through another line of wights. He could see Nymeria and her pack at the side of his eye, ripping through yet more wights.
Gendry’s heart nearly stopped when he heard Arya’s cry. Ignoring the wights coming at him, he turned and rushed toward Arya. She had been knocked onto her back by an actual White Walker, but even as he ran to help, she was meeting the Walker’s sword with her own while simultaneously jumping onto her feet with a snarl.
Gendry’s heart stuttered nevertheless. The wights were easy, but the two of them had only ever met a White Walker in battle together. So ignoring that Arya likely wanted to beat this one on her own, Gendry swung his heavy war hammer at the Walker’s head. The Walker barely twitched, and suddenly his sword came flying at Gendry who only managed in the nick of time to raise his hammer. Although the hammer took the brunt of the blow without shattering, Gendry was knocked ten feet backwards and landed hard on his back in the snow, losing all the breath out of his lungs.
His vision became blurry, but even as he tried to catch his breath, he managed to deflect a blow, then saw Thoros and Tormund both step in to cover him. He didn’t care about any of that though; he attributed his inability to catch his breath instead to the panic rising within him and drowning him at the thought of Arya fighting the Walker, that Walker, alone. More than anything, it was this thought that brought him, shaking, to his knees, then to his feet.
It was then that he finally caught sight of Arya, a blur as she parried and swung at the Walker who met every blow. If she could just drive that Valyrian steel through the beast, it would be done, but the Walker’s strength seemed to be more than that of any they had ever fought before.
Gendry struggled through the icy wind, which had picked up in strength, toward the fighting pair, his heart in his throat as he watched, knowing any second could be her last. Just one misstep. One wrong move. He’d never been more grateful to the House of Black and White than he was at that moment for teaching his Arry how not to make missteps.
He roared as he tore through the wights that stood in his path to Arya and the Walker, but they kept on coming. Somehow, Gendry managed to keep at least one eye on them. When he was less than three feet away, his panic dissolved suddenly when a shadow leaped between Arya and the Walker. And at that moment, Gendry had never been more grateful to Jon Snow, who joined the fray with his own Valyrian steel blade.
Arya and Jon, together, beat the Walker back and in two swift, sudden movements, both their blades pierced the Walker, who dissolved into icy dust.
“Arya!” Gendry shouted, knocking down three wights at once.
“Gendry!” She shouted at the same time, running towards him.
They met in midair, their arms clutched tightly around each other, despite the thick layers of cloaks they both wore to keep warm.
Gendry felt Arya’s hands twist in his hair as she clutched him to her. “I thought you were gone.” Arya’s breath was hitched and Gendry realized she was crying.
He tightened his hold on her, not wanting to let go, but knowing he’d soon have to or they’d both die in the midst of this icy war.
“Never, Arya. Never.” He promised, not knowing how he’d keep that promise, considering it felt like they were losing.
More clanging of metal on metal brought them both back to their senses, as Jon took on another White Walker who had seemingly appeared out of nowhere. With one last squeeze, Gendry let go of Arya and they both joined Jon, knowing their greater strength was needed against the Walkers, rather than the wights.
During the fight, Arya kept meeting Gendry’s eyes, her desperation and panic so palpable Gendry felt himself drowning in both feelings once more.
“Jon,” Arya gasped, clutching her brother’s arm, once the Walker had diminished into nothing. Both Gendry and Jon heard the steel in her voice and gazed at her intently.
“Marry us.” Arya glanced at Gendry, almost shyly. They’d never told anyone of their intention. Yet Jon would have been the first to know, but then the true war had begun and there hadn’t been time.
But Gendry knew the time might never come again, so he echoed her words in a deep, sure voice. “Yes. Marry us.” Arya’s eyes filled with love for him then.
Jon looked dumbstruck, but none of them had the chance to speak again, as they were overcome in a wave of wights.
“Are you both mad?!” Jon shouted at them, as Longclaw tore through three wights and then another four.
Back to back, Gendry and Arya both laughed loudly, as they destroyed wight after wight beyond count.
“We are mad, aren’t we?” Gendry shot at Arya as they turned round and round to ward off more of their enemies.
“It’s now or maybe never, Jon!” Arya shouted her brother’s way almost apologetically.
Jon managed to fight through a group of wights to gain closer ground to the couple. “You never even asked my approval.” He managed to say in a joking tone despite the circumstances.
Arya’s sword was a blur, but she never faltered as she fought. “That’s because we knew we already had it, your Grace,” she parried back at him with a grin.
Jon’s chuckle died on his lips as he had to tumble to avoid being stabbed by a wight. He came back to his feet, spitting snow from his mouth, as he fought off another one. By the furrow in his brow, he was either worried about this fight or thinking hard.
“You have to let me legitimize you first.” Jon shouted toward them suddenly, and it was Gendry’s turn to be caught off balance.
Arya stepped into take on both wights he’d been fighting as he glanced toward her brother. “Your Grace.” He said loudly. But it was a question.
Then it was Jon and Gendry fighting the wights back to back.
“You know you have my blessing to marry my sister,” Jon managed to shout over the clanging of their weapons. “But marry her as a lord. You need never take on the responsibilities, but the option will always be available to you both.”
It was Gendry’s turn to think, until he realized this wasn’t something to even think about. Not if it meant he got to marry her. When he looked towards Arya, he saw she’d already known his thoughts, and returned her sly grin.
“Say the words.” Gendry shouted at Jon who grinned brightly, then drove a sword through two more wights.
“Tormund! Thoros!” Jon shouted. “I need you.”
A sudden roar from behind and the two were tearing through wights toward their king. They stood with their swords extended at his side.
“Bear witness.” Jon commanded shortly. “Kneel.” This was directed at Gendry who fell to his knees in front of Jon. Arya ran to stand behind him to protect him from the oncoming enemy.
“You Southerners and your vows,” Tormund spat on the ground, then sliced the head off a wight, but still stood his ground next to them.
Jon brought Longclaw to Gendry’s shoulder carefully as Gendry lay his war hammer at Jon’s feet.
“Gendry Waters, do you pledge to me your fealty and your service and your life should need be?”
“My fealty, my service and my life are yours, your Grace.”
Jon moved his sword swiftly to tap Gendry’s other shoulder then lifted it. “Rise now as Lord Gendry of House Baratheon, Lord of Storm’s End and Warden of the South.” Jon turned toward the fight once more. “I’ll sign papers to make this official if we make it out of here alive,” he promised.
Gendry leapt to his feet, war hammer already in hand, to join Thoros and Tormund as another wave of wights came at them. Gendry almost lost Arya in the crowd, but clutched her right hand and kept her close as they fought. When most of the wights had subsided, the two found Jon, Thoros and Tormund once more.
“Stay close.” Jon told the latter two. “These two want to be married. We’ll need witnesses”
Thoros produced a laugh like thunder as he swept two wights aside almost effortlessly. “Are they to consummate it right here as well?” He boomed, still laughing, bringing pink to both Gendry and Arya’s cheeks.
Jon ignored the joke as he continued fighting.
When it seemed like they might soon be overrun, Gendry managed to find Arya and Jon’s eyes, willing them to get on with it now. Arya fought through a group of wights and reached out to grasp his hand.
“Jon.” She gasped, as she fought off more wights.
Jon’s eyes searched their surroundings until they found a weirwood tree, not twenty feet away. “There!” He shouted.
And their group of five fought swords, hammers and shields toward the tree. Gendry lost Arya’s hand in the fray and made it to the tree with Jon before her. She struggled towards them with Tormund at her side and Thoros nearby. Even near the tree, the wights came at them, and Jon fought three off until he could speak.
“Who comes before the gods?” Jon shouted so all five of them at least could hear, though others fighting for their side stared curiously toward the tree.
“Arya of House Stark!” Arya shouted his way as her and Tormund fought off wights.
“And who comes to claim her?” Jon managed to sputter as he fought off another handful of wights with Gendry’s help.
“Gendry of House Baratheon.” Gendry shouted loud enough for his bride-to-be and their witnesses to hear. The wights heard too but moments later, their heads had been severed, so they didn’t make for reliable witnesses.
“Who gives her?” Jon glanced meaningfully at Tormund who had clutched Arya’s arm to drag her toward the tree and away from the fight.
“I do,” Tormund bellowed, shoving Arya towards Gendry who caught her in his arms.
The fight continued, but Arya and Gendry managed to keep tight grips on each other’s hands through the ceremony as they fought.
“Arya,” Jon shouted, though in a softer tone than before, “do you take this man?”
Gendry felt Arya squeeze his hand roughly. “I take this man.” She said with a snarl as she ran Dark Sister straight through two wights who collapsed.
“Gendry, do you take this woman?” Gendry, who had been distracted by the attack on Arya, was nearly run through by another wight, who Jon immediately beheaded.
“I take this woman.” Gendry said hoarsely pulling her to him.
Both knowing the customs of the North, they knelt together in front of the Weirwood tree, as Jon, Tormund and Thoros gathered behind them to protect them as they silently prayed, clutching each other’s hands. Still, they kept their weapons at the ready.
“I’ll always keep you safe and warm.” Gendry whispered suddenly, bringing to mind the song that had been sung to them both so long ago in the warms halls of Acorn Hall.
Arya looked at him startled but pleased. It wasn’t part of the custom to say anything else, but it only made sense considering it was them. She squeezed his hand tightly again, then remembered there was more to the song. “And guard you with my sword.” She promised, clutching Dark Sister tighter as the battle raged behind them.
They allowed themselves one more moment as Gendry swept his bride into a deep kiss. Her hands clutched at his hair, and his held her to him tightly, both careful not to harm the other with their weapons. Snow falling thickly from above brought them swiftly back to the battle, as wights ascended from the scant branches of the weirwood.
Gendry and Arya both leapt to their feet and took on the wights from above. They never seemed to end. Soon even Jon, Tormund and Thoros had joined their fight.
“The changing of the cloaks!” Thoros shouted suddenly.
Gendry and Arya looked at him as if he were mad, but he simply shrugged. “Weren’t me that insisted on a winter wight wedding.” He chuckled at his own joke, pleased with himself, then fled to help the Hound and Brienne fight off another wave of wights.
As they fought, Gendry, Jon and Arya looked at each other.
Then Jon was covering them as Gendry swiftly removed the gray cloak Arya had been wearing and replaced it with the one he’d been wearing, which just happened to be black, which was at least one of the colors of his new house.
“Happy?” Jon shouted towards them as they kissed once more before immediately fighting the wights once more.
“Overwhelmingly.” Arya bit back, but the pink in her cheeks and her smile belied her sarcasm, and Gendry knew that despite the battle, despite the odds being against them…he knew that she was happy because he was happy because they were finally husband and wife. However long that should last…
Ok, I know that seems depressing, but even though I’m stopping here, let’s assume Daenerys comes and saves them all with the dragons and they get away back to Winterfell where they’re all finally able to celebrate/consummate! Also, forgive me if I got any customs wrong. I completely made up the legitimization ceremony because other than signed letters (like Tommen’s legitimizing Ramsay, we don’t have a lot to go off of otherwise). I did a little research to figure out the Northern wedding ceremony, but it could be wrong, but I did the best I could, hope it was enjoyed anyway! Also sorry that my description of the battle kind of sucks, but that was pretty secondary to what I was trying to do here and isn’t as easy to depict in words as on screen:
Including this note down here to avoid spoilers: This is loosely based on the scene in one of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies where Will and Elizabeth get married; I’d like to attribute the original idea of this to someone on tumblr who put a gifset of the POTC scene together and put it in the gendrya tags, but I don’t remember who they were or what their blog name was, but I’ll still attribute it to that person. Also, apologies if this has been done before; I searched diligently for something similar to make sure I wasn’t copying anyone, but went ahead with this when I couldn’t find anything, figuring/hoping it’d be a first.
Once Upon a Time's Musical Episode Will Double as Hook and Emma's Wedding
It’s the moment we’ve all been waiting for, Once Upon a Timefans: Captain Hook and Emma Swan are finally getting married. After so many ups and downs over the past few seasons, the two have finally found their way back to each other and are set to tie the knot. And that’s not even the best part! It will also be the show’s big musical episode, appropriately titled “The Song in Your Heart.” What better way to bring together two of our favorite Storybrooke characters than through song? Here’s what you need to know about the anticipated episode.
1. “Powerful Magic” - Ginnifer Goodwin, Josh Dallas
2. “The Queen Sings” - Lana Parrilla, Lee Arenberg, Tony Amendola, Beverley Elliott, Ginnifer Goodwin, Josh Dallas
3. “Love Doesn’t Stand a Chance” - Lana Parrilla
4. “Revenge Is Gonna Be Mine” - Colin O'Donoghue, pirates
5. “Wicked Always Wins” - Rebecca Mader
6. “Charmings vs. Evil Queen” - Ginnifer Goodwin, Josh Dallas, Lana Parrilla
7. “Emma’s Theme” - Jennifer Morrison
8. “A Happy Beginning” - Jennifer Morrison, Colin O'Donoghue, Ginnifer Goodwin, Josh Dallas, Lana Parrilla, Rebecca Mader, Jared Gilmore, Once Upon a Time: The Musical Episode Chorus
It Will Include Flashbacks
Looks like we’ll be heading back to the Enchanted Forest for this episode. Before Emma is born, Snow White wishes upon a star, resulting in the entire kingdom singing their feelings.
Emma and Hook Will Have a Wedding Duet
The couple will share a special song together during their wedding ceremony, complete with a grand dance number.
It Will Make You Cry
Not only is the episode supposed to be all about Captain Hook and Emma’s big day, but it will also show just how far the town’s Savior has come. “For us,” the show’s creator Eddy Kitsis told TVLine, “the most important thing [about the wedding] is that it was intimate and that you really understood that this was a real milestone in Emma’s growth.” Yep, there will definitely be waterworks.
Emma’s Solo Will Be Extra Sentimental
The series really paid close attention to detail for this musical episode. The song, “Emma’s Theme,” is actually adapted from the character’s musical score throughout the past six seasons.
There Could Be a Few Bumps Along the Road
Even though true love usually overcomes all obstacles, the Black Fairy is still in town to cause trouble. “Weddings on the TV series Once Upon a Time traditionally are fraught with unexpected circumstances,” the show’s creator Adam Horowitz teased. “And this is no different.”
When It Airs
Captain Hook and Emma’s ceremony will take place when the musical episode airs on May 7.
EXCLUSIVE: Lana Parrilla Spills on Evil Queen's 'Challenging' Song & Connecting With 'Once Upon a Time' Fans!
From Evil Queen to dancing queen!
This Sunday’s highly anticipated musical episode of Once Upon a Time features a truly sensational solo from the famed Snow White villain, so we called up the on-screen queen herself Lana Parrilla to get the behind-the-scenes secrets on how she prepared for her “Ziggy Stardust moment” and the challenges that came with it.
“I wish that we would’ve done more than one musical episode – that’s how great it was!” Parrilla dished to ET over the phone while she was vacationing with her mother, Dolores Dee Azzara, in Spain last month.
“At first, I was nervous because I thought, ‘Oh god, I’d better figure out how to really sing.!’ I mean, the whole world is going to be watching, so I’m not going to pretend I’m a great singer,” she explained. “I’m just going to do the best that I can. I kind of channeled my nerves into excitement, so I got really excited about it and I thought, 'I’m just going to go with this and have a blast!’”
“And being that I’m the Evil Queen, you can almost, like, hide behind her a little bit. I’m like, 'Well, if she doesn’t do a good job, it’s on her, not me!’” she added with a laugh. The brunette beauty dished that it was an “interesting challenge” to sing her song, “Love Doesn’t Stand a Chance,” because Parrilla typically gives the Evil Queen a deeper voice than her own. “The song in itself was quite challenging because it had different tempos. It was fast and then it was slow and I had to sing in a lower register, which is not where I normally would sing, so it was challenging in that regard,” she said.
“But overall, it was awesome!” she gushed. “I loved every moment of it! I had a blast and I danced a lot as the queen. There’s a whole dance number that I end up doing, which was so much fun, so I really, really enjoyed that.” Parrilla revealed that the Evil Queen’s costumes are usually very confining and she has a limited range of movement, so Once Upon a Time’s head costume designer, Eduardo Castro, altered her gown for the musical so she could fully embrace the choreography.
“I kind of move my arms and throw them down. I get down on the ground and I slam down on the ground and it’s very sort of a violent song, which was fun,” she said. “I think it had a little bit of Tim Curry in Rocky Horror Picture-show-meets-David Bowie, which I’m a huge fan of, so I was really excited to have my own Ziggy Stardust moment.”
The actress said that going through all the different stages of preparing for the musical brought the Once actors even closer together. “It was a different experience than what we’re used to doing every day in the last six years on Once, and it was something new and exciting and everyone in the cast is so talented,” she said. “Everyone was so supportive of one another and everyone was smiling around the set and people were humming the tunes. I’m still humming Rebecca’s song!”
When asked what she thought about the fact that the musical episode would also be featuring Emma and Killian’s wedding, Parrilla was quick to sing its praises. “I thought it was awesome! I think everyone has been really excited for that. It’s just really beautiful to see a really happy moment because there’s typically not a lot of happiness going on in the show, even though everyone is searching for their happy ending,” she said with a chuckle.
“There’s also a musical number that takes place at the wedding, and for everyone to be a part of that, it’s really fun and everyone looked beautiful,” she continued. “Just to get kind of dressed up to go to a wedding was really fun, so I thought it was great. I thought it was super appropriate and a great opportunity to tie the two in: the wedding and the musical.”
With the fate of the series still up in the air, Parrilla is “open to seeing what happens” if ABC were to greenlight a season seven, but no matter, what she’s thankful fans have become so connected to the character of Regina over the past six years.
“I think it’s phenomenal that so many people have been inspired and their lives have changed because of Once Upon a Time, and to see how Regina has touched so many lives because of her journey and her own story and her own inner struggles, it’s remarkable. I did not expect Regina to have this impact in so many people,” she said. “I’m elated because I feel like I have a huge part in it and that’s something that I’ve always wanted to do in my career, which is to be a part of something that has changed lives and inspired people to be better and I’ve been able to do that with Regina.”
While Parrilla loves that her journey as Regina has promoted a message of “self love” and “acceptance” to all the Once Upon a Time audience, she confessed that it makes her “really sad” when she sees fans spreading negativity towards one another on social media.
“Sometimes I see a lot of negativity on social media and I don’t really understand it. I don’t support it, and I don’t necessarily engage in it, because if you start paying attention and engaging, it just gets worse,” she said. “And so I filter out – not that I physically filter it out, but I mentally filter out – and I just decide that I don’t need to read the negativity and I want other people to do the same thing,” she continued.
“I think a lot of our youth kind of focuses too much on the negative things that are being said and you have a choice. You can just look the other way and focus on the positives and only engage in the positive messages and let that be the reality and not engage in the negativity and the bullying,” she added. “But I really despise it. I don’t like seeing and I don’t think there’s any room for it. There’s enough evilness in the world and darkness in the world, let’s not be a part of it.”
Now I’ve drunkenly watched the wedding, I loved it. I cried. Several times. I’m so impressed with the cast putting so much into it. Just…my heart.
Little drunken headcanon. So, after all of season seven is done, and things have happened and development, we end on another wedding.
This one’s in town hall because that’s always been her place, we follow the camera up the group of people, up the aisle, past and the people of Storybooke (all the guest stars we can afford, it’s the finale,
Last are the Charmings, Rumple and Belle, Killian and Emma, then Zelena on one side, Lily on the other.
And Mal stands in front of Archie, all dressed up (she’d wear red-purple) and the door creaks open and Regina arrives, in black, because it’s her color. She smiles at everyone, chagrined and slightly apologetic but absolutely radiant, holding Henry’s hand.
And she looks at everyone, then Snow and David, who smile all soft.
Then looks up at Mal, and smiles, tears in her eyes.