So, for those of you not in the know, Samurai Jack had a
final, conclusive fifth season this year that aired on Toonami/Adult Swim. It
consisted of ten episodes which ran successively over 11 weeks (one episode
being displaced by a Rick and Morty surprise season premiere). This is going to
be a review of that season, with one section dedicated to each episode, and
then a “closing thoughts” segment. This review will also be split into two
parts since it’s so damn long, so hopefully that will allow more people to
actually read it. The second part will go up tomorrow.
7 Moments when ‘Buffy the Vampire Slayer’ Saved Me
1. “Seize the moment, ‘cause tomorrow you might be dead.” - Welcome to the Hellmouth, 1x1
2. “Bottom line is, even if you see them coming, you’re not ready for the big moments. No one asks for their life to change, not really. But it does. So, what are we, helpless? Puppets? Nah. The big moments are gonna come, you can’t help that. It’s what you do afterwards that counts. That’s when you find out who you are.” - Becoming Part 1, 2x21
3. “Strong is fighting! It’s hard, and it’s painful, and it’s every day. It’s what we have to do.” - Amends, 3x10
4. “You have to be strong … the hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live.” - The Gift, 5x22
5. “Life’s not a song. Life isn’t bliss, life is just this. It’s living. You’ll get along. The pain that you feel can only heal by living. You have to go on living. So one of us is living.” - Once More, With Feeling, 6x7
They’ll never know how tough it is … to be the one who isn’t Chosen, to live so near the spotlight and never step in it. But I know. I see more than anybody realizes because nobody’s watching me. I saw you last night, and I see you working here today. You’re not special; you’re extraordinary” - Potential, 7x12
7. “When it’s something that really matters, they fight. I mean, they’re lame morons for fighting. But they do. They never… They never quit. And so I guess I will keep fighting, too.” - Chosen, 7x22
Warnings: SPN canon violence, unexpected pregnancy, angst,
language I think, I think that’s it. If I missed any let me know.
Word Count: 3697
A/N: I wrote this specifically for angst appreciation day so
I hope it’s angsty enough for y’all. This story is basically a rewrite of the
Season 5 finale Swan Song with added bits of the reader. So like the long
conversations the guys have are directly from the episode so credit to the
writers of the episode for that. I would also like to thank @idreamofhazel because she gave
me a list of ideas that helped inspire this so thank you love. I’m unsure if I
want to continue this or not so if you want more let me know.
Summary: You have been Sam’s girlfriend for years and are
basically soulmates however you found out you are pregnant. Right when you are
going to tell him, he tells you his plan of saying yes to being Lucifer’s vessel
and jumping into the cage. What happens next? Does Sam find out about your
pregnancy? Does he still take the fall?
Sorry I went crazy with the GIF’s I couldn’t help myself