From now on, I will not be accepting (most) research questions. That means I will avoid questions where the answer will be a list of links because you could have done the research in the same amount of time as me, and you know what you’re looking for better than I do.
What will I answer?
- Writing-related questions (dialogue, POV, settings, etc.)
- Character development questions
- Science/History/Geography questions
- MARVEL FANFIC QUESTIONS (specifically movie/tv timelines and trivia)
- Misc. grab-bag of other topics
What won’t I answer?
- Basic research questions
- Anything that Google can answer in your first search
- Magic/occult-related questions
- Questions about sexuality, erotica, or sex scenes
- Requests that I read, review, or edit your work.
If I do answer something that does not follow these guidelines it doesn’t mean my policy is changing, it just means that I happen to know about that topic or want to research it.
If I do not answer something even though it fits under these guidelines it may be because:
- Tumblr did not notify me and/or I waited too long to reply to a time sensitive question.
- There are topics that I don’t feel qualified/equipped to talk about for various reasons. If I know of someone more qualified to answer, I will refer you to them.
- My answering your question hinges on me knowing specific details from your story/outline/etc. particularly ones that you don’t give, I can’t answer your question.
- You spent too much time telling me what your story is about instead of what your problem is, I won’t be able to answer. Only give me story information that is pertinent to your question.