Sorry for the long pause in posting again! Just finished exams, so I have a small break before school starts again.
Usually when we go out to eat, you mainly see curry dishes with chicken or beef. Only a few times I’ve seen a curry seafood dish. So if you’re into curry but love to try it with seafood, this is the perfect dish! The dish doesn’t require too much preparation as seafood is easy to work with. And feel free to substitute the seafood with other things like clams, or other types of fish fillets.
1 cup fresh mussels
1 salmon fillet
½ cup prawns
1 tbsp curry powder
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
1 can coconut milk
1 cup chicken stock
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 cloves crushed garlic
3 tbsp chopped cilantro
salt & pepper
1. In a shallow pot, heat up some oil then saute the crushed garlic until golden brown.
2. Stir in curry powder, paprika and cumin on very low heat. Slowly stir in the coconut milk and then half of the chicken stock. Simmer at medium heat for about 10 minutes.
3. Add in the fish sauce, and cilantro into the curry. Stir well and simmer for another few minutes. Add in some sugar (about 2 spoons) and salt & pepper to taste.
4. Place in the salmon fillet and cook for a few minutes. Then add in the mussels and prawns until they’re thoroughly cooked.
5. Garnish with some cilantro leaves and serve with some sliced bread.