Okay I know everyone wanted to keep the song “Unstoppable” in the movie and believe me its a damn shame it was cut, but I think that the song ”More” NEEDED TO BE IN THE MOVIE BECAUSE HOLY SHIT IS IT HEARTBREAKING AND MAKES ME CRY LIKE A LITTLE BITCH!
- It explains that Moana was given her name by Grandma Tala meaning “Ocean” and not given by her dad that wanted her to stay away from it
- It hurts because she’s talking about the one person who truly supported her in everything Moana believed in
- I MEAN HER GRANDMA JUST DIED AND SHE KNOWS SHE MUST COMPLETE HER CALLING MOANA IS STRONG AF
- Just the evolution of the song is amazing it goes from Moana recognizing all that her grandmother has taught her and how she wished she could stay and guide her
- Then it becomes extremely powerful as she is determined to lead her people as a true chief and fufill her duty to the sea and her tribe
- Marcy Harriel does a beautiful rendition of the song I mean the way her voice breaks makes you bawl and how strong she belts out just makes you shook
-BUT IMAGINE IF AULI’I CRAVALHO SANG IT ABSOLUTE PERFECTION!!
- I’ve memorized the entire lyrics and it’s in the soundtrack and movie to me because I don’t give a fuck it didn’t deserved to be cut