Items found in nature that can be placed on a Witch’s altar or home
- Sea Shells: This is good to have around the house if you practice sea witchcraft
- Stones: These don’t have to be gemstones-lots of rocks
have a natural beauty while having no monetary
whatsoever, and river stones can be particularly pretty.
- Feathers: Keep in mind that it is illegal to own eagle feathers,
and those of some other endangered species.
- Pine cones
- Beach glass: This is glass been tumbled by the waves.
- Flowers, both fresh and dried
- Herbs, both fresh and dried: Many herbs have lovely flowers,
- Snakeskins: Snakes often shed their skins and leave them
behind mostly intact. Snakes are a symbol of change,
growth, and rebirth, so if you are doing magickal work
involving these elements, a snakeskin might be a good
thing to put on your altar (unless snakes freak you out,
- Antlers: At certain times of the year, you can sometimes find
antlers that have been shed by deer (or other animals,
depending on where you live).
- Bird nests: Once the birds are through using them, you
can often find compact and intricate nests. Just be sure they’re not the kind of nests that birds use year after year
Witchcraft on a Shoestring: Practice the Craft Without Breaking Your Budget by Deborah Blake