Boss Battles: Villainous
What if Villainous was a side-scrolling game?
Nothing official, just my two cents.
The tank of the group. He generally doesn’t want to hurt you. Please leave this sweetheart alone.
- He’s on the defense most of the time and can take a lot of damage before finally getting knocked out.
- His attacks are mainly soft punches and tackles, but the one that does the most damage is a crushing bear hug (if you get too close).
- If you don’t attack for about 5-8 minutes, he’ll doze off and fall asleep. You can safely walk past him once he does.
“Mace-to-the-face” approach. Her attacks hit fast and hard, and she moves unpredictably.
- Her sprite can be all over the place and she’s a pro at dodging. She takes much damage when you get to land a hit, though.
- She attacks with her mace and occasionally her electric guitar. She would also occasionally kick, claw, and jump at you.
- When she goes on all fours, she’s much more mobile and could even disappear completely. She can attack from behind.
- Her special move involves her busting out a guitar and playing it, creating shockwaves that will stun you (but you can avoid them). She’s vulnerable at this point since this is the only time she’s standing still.
Has the entire Black Hat Org. catalogue at his disposal. He primarily attacks from a distance, but his weapons are homing and devastating.
- He’s fixed to one side of the screen. He keeps his distance from the player since he’s a glass cannon. He takes more damage than Demencia does in a single hit.
- He has a massive arsenal of missiles, bombs, lasers, and barriers. For his ult, he activates the BH Security System. There’s a single, very specific spot on the screen where you won’t get hit.
- His attacks come in a particular pattern and sequence. Once you learn it, he’ll be easy to take down.
- On occasion, he’ll activate the Anti-Gravity Device. The controls will reverse when you’re on the ceiling. He’ll be protected by a barrier and won’t attack you, but you’ll have to protect yourself from the projectiles flying around you.
The boss battle. He’s nearly as resilient as 5.0.5. and as unpredictable as Demencia; he also creates projectiles similar to Dr. Flug. Attacks viciously and relentlessly.
- Before the battle, he will shove you into a portal he’s torn open with his claws. This dimension gives him the home-field advantage.
- During the battle, the screen will often be a mess of lasers, knives, sawblades, and tentacles. You’re going to need Touhou-level dodging skills to survive. His moves, however, come slower compared to the other three bosses.
- He creates sentient blobs full of teeth that will crawl on the floor toward you. If you don’t leap over them or destroy them first, they’ll catch and immobilize you for a few seconds.
- His weak point is his monocle. At some point he will vanish and reappear as a massive head that will try to crush you with his jaws. If you avoid that attack and strike his monocle, he will immediately take significant damage, flinch, and return to his default form.
- He will resort to an eldritch monster form when his HP’s lowered to half. He becomes increasingly difficult to hit and can quickly charge from one end of the screen to the next covered in spines and claws, dealing damage as he passes.